Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

Do people still consider Todd to be in any way credible? 

I came into this thread many, many months ago when he was listing the daily death/icu figures and 7 day averages as if they were the football results. Presumably to try and demonstrate that this wasn't now, hadn't been in the past and wouldn't be in the future a public health crisis. 

Every position he takes starts with his conclusion i.e. SNP/SG bad, and works back from that. Interpreting information to support whatever his pet narrative is on any given day. 

Remember his disparaging references, back when numbers were low, to anyone who even contemplated the possibility that the virus hadn't vanished as "second wavers"? Now he has progressed to referring to people who don't follow his, utterly inflexible, take on things as "simps". The arrogance of his assumption that he is right all the time is astounding. 

It's easier said than done, as this rant is evidence of, but his cod epidemiology is best ignored. He's nowhere close to be as clever as he thinks he is. 

Tbf to Todd, there was a time when his input was well worth reading. 

4 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Scotgov claiming the R rate in Scotland is currently 1.4 is just complete bullshit. This is the 1st real thing in 9 months coming out of her mouth that has really annoyed me.

Rates have clearly flattened and may actually be reducing.

She also said it didn't take into account restrictions put in in the last two weeks. Think there is at least a week lag on the R number.

1 minute ago, renton said:

She also said it didn't take into account restrictions put in in the last two weeks. Think there is at least a week lag on the R number.

She pretty much said that in yesterday's briefing. I think the word "Salmond" was mentioned today more than "vaccine" in the questions from the media. The c**t from the sun was naturally the worst.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Your hearing voices again. 400k per week is the target from the End of February not next week

BBC News - Covid in Scotland: Freeman targets 400,000 vaccinations every week
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55648161

Actually we are both wrong.

The SG's very own document says we will have the capacity to issue 400k vaccines per week from the 1st of February.

It also shows that, in addition to the almost 500k vaccines we had received by 10/1, we expect delivery of a further 700k between 11/1 and 31/1.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to be questioning why we weren't prepared to get going full speed earlier, or at least closer to the 'required' 57k per day, and why they aren't targetting using the full capacity as soon as it becomes available.

Screenshot_20210114-141040_Dropbox.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

That's our big city Centre of Excellence™ stopping all planned surgery until April. Category 1 (cancer/life-threatening) and emergencies only. ICU is out the door and using theatre space and staff. We managed to avoid this in the first wave, but not this time.

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

That's her got her first jab about 30 minutes ago. She's off the night.

Just got an update there from my wife (she knew this 3 hours ago but she's only telling me now).

Apparently my stepdaughter should have had a letter from her employers authorising her to get the jab. She told them she was just off night shift had driven to Omagh to get it and was on duty again tomorrow night and there was no way she was going home, trying to get a letter organised and driving back again, so with enough to do she got her vaccination.

Everybody else (in the agency) went to the Ballymena centre apparently, and all they had to do was show their agency ID, no letter required. Anyway, she's now getting the letter sent out so she'll be O.K. for getting the "booster" on 25th March.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Typo

22 hours ago, superbigal said:

Another day another set of tighter restrictions.  That in itself i believe is astonishing when you look at the Data.  Every area is dropping

Please remember all those commenting that these figures are a 7 day rolling period that are 3 days in arrears.   So I am NEVER talking about YESTERDAY as some posters keep referring.  There is no LAG in these figures only a fixed 7 day period.

Anyway 3rd Jan to 9th Jan was 285.2 cases per 100K population with confirmed positive tests.   4th Jan to10th Jan is down to 271.7 a drop of 4.73%.     We now have a sustained  drop of almost 10% since the peak 6 days ago. Another good single day change for many councils as 3rd January is dropped and replaced by 10th January. In fact I hardly had to shuffle any of the councils if you look at yesterday.

Huge drop in cases (Over 10%)    Midlothian (14.6%),  Orkney Isles (Really only 6 to 5 cases), Perth & Kinross (13.53%), Shetlands, 

Large drop in cases (Over 5%)  Aberdeenshire, Angus, Argyll & Bute,  City of Edinburgh, Dumfries & Galloway, Dundee City, East Ayrshire,  East Lothian,  Falkirk, Highlands, Inverclyde, Moray,  North Ayrshire, Scottish Borders,  South Lanarkshire,  Stirling, West Lothian

Small drop in cases (Under 5%) in Aberdeen,  Clacks, East Dunbartonshire,  East Renfrewshire,  Fife, Glasgow City,   North Lanarkshire,  Renfrewshire, South Ayrshire, West Dunbartonshire,

No Change in cases in  No Councils

Small increase in cases (All under 5%) No Councils

Larger Increase in cases (Over 5%)     No Councils

Huge Increase in Cases (Over 10%)  Western Isles (Only 2 extra cases)

Another day on and Scotgov misleading the public with this R Rate is 1.4 bullshit.   The lag on my data is 3 days and I estimate the R rate at around 0.98

Please remember all those commenting that these figures are a 7 day rolling period that are 3 days in arrears.   So I am NEVER talking about YESTERDAY as some posters keep referring.  There is no LAG in these figures only a fixed 7 day period.

Anyway 4th Jan to 10th Jan was 271.7 cases per 100K population with confirmed positive tests.   5th Jan to11th Jan is down to 267.4 a small drop of 1.58%.     We now have a sustained  drop of  11.43% since the peak figures 7 days ago.  Another good single day change for many councils as 4th January is dropped and replaced by 11th January. Numerous councils now below 200 cases per 100K which is well under what Glasgow & lanarkshire etc was at in the Autumn.

Huge drop in cases (Over 10%)    Angus (11.88%),  East Lothian (Almost down to 100 cases per 100K), Moray,  Shetlands, 

Large drop in cases (Over 5%)  Aberdeenshire,  Clackmannanshire,  Dumfries & Galloway, East Renfrewshire,  South Ayrshire,     

Small drop in cases (Under 5%) in Aberdeen, City of Edinburgh, Dundee City,  East Ayrshire,   East Dunbartonshire,  Falkirk, Fife, Highlands,  Inverclyde, Midlothian,   Renfrewshire, Scottish Borders, Stirling, West Dunbartonshire,

No Change in cases in  Glasgow City  (Still very high so this should be doing better than 396.9), Orkney Isles,

Small increase in cases (All under 5%) Argyll & Bute (Only 2 more cases),  North Ayrshire, North Lanarkshire, Perth & Kinross, South Lanarkshire,  West Lothian

Huge Increase in Cases (Over 10%)  Western Isles (Only 1 extra case)

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Come on. We're talking about the same people yesterday defiantly believing that we are going to be able to dish out 400k vaccinations per week from Monday, now instantly believing that the SG have, in less than 24 hours, essentially walked back from that because the UKGov think it's "too transparent"

🤣

Inserted an edit for your perusal. 

Given this document has been reported, downloaded, tweeted hundreds of not thousands of times, what is your theory for them deciding to pull it themselves and blame it on the UK Govt? 

47 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

14 days into 2021 and I’m already scunnered with it. Still no timeline for when we can start living again. Fearful headlines like the SG are worried the vaccine might not work against the “Brazilian variant”. My anxiety levels have been through the roof the last few days. It’s  been nearly a year of “living” like this 😞

Prepare for at least another 6 months of this. 

Just got a call saying when I wheel my Mum round to get her jag on Tuesday they're not allowed to give me one at the same time, despite being a full time carer with underlying conditions and over 60. So 4 appointments instead of 2 for them to arrange time for. When we went for our flu jags it took about a minute to vaccinate us both, the extra time taken was the procedures for getting people in and out safely.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Just got a call saying when I wheel my Mum round to get her jag on Tuesday they're not allowed to give me one at the same time, despite being a full time carer with underlying conditions and over 60. So 4 appointments instead of 2 for them to arrange time for. When we went for our flu jags it took about a minute to vaccinate us both, the extra time taken was the procedures for getting people in and out safely.

There are shit issues like this everywhere, know someone who couldn't get it at home because it would upset their plans, whilst more sprightly folk received ot home. 

56 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

14 days into 2021 and I’m already scunnered with it. Still no timeline for when we can start living again. Fearful headlines like the SG are worried the vaccine might not work against the “Brazilian variant”. My anxiety levels have been through the roof the last few days. It’s  been nearly a year of “living” like this 😞

You should look into charity places that offer free counselling. My wife has had a lot on her plate over the past year and there's a mob near us called the manda centre who give her free on the phone counselling once a week. It's an amazing service tbh. Must be something similar down in whichever Ayrshire hellscape you're in 🤗 

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Seems a bit silly not to give you yours at the same time.

Re: the vaccines, a 'UK Government source' claimed via Newsnight last night that they want to keep the progress and schedule under wraps because otherwise the big, bad EU would divert vaccine supplies from big pharma to their own programme.

Absolutely risible, dog-whistle drivel being churned out without any analysis on the BBC's flagship current affairs show.

22 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Another day on and Scotgov misleading the public with this R Rate is 1.4 bullshit.   The lag on my data is 3 days and I estimate the R rate at around 0.98

Anyway 4th Jan to 10th Jan was 271.7 cases per 100K population with confirmed positive tests.   5th Jan to11th Jan is down to 267.4 a small drop of 1.58%.     We now have a sustained  drop of  11.43% since the peak figures 7 days ago.  Another good single day change for many councils as 4th January is dropped and replaced by 11th January. Numerous councils now below 200 cases per 100K which is well under what Glasgow & lanarkshire etc was at in the Autumn.

Huge drop in cases (Over 10%)    Angus (11.88%),  East Lothian (Almost down to 100 cases per 100K), Moray,  Shetlands, 

Large drop in cases (Over 5%)  Aberdeenshire,  Clackmannanshire,  Dumfries & Galloway, East Renfrewshire,  South Ayrshire,     

Small drop in cases (Under 5%) in Aberdeen, City of Edinburgh, Dundee City,  East Ayrshire,   East Dunbartonshire,  Falkirk, Fife, Highlands,  Inverclyde, Midlothian,   Renfrewshire, Scottish Borders, Stirling, West Dunbartonshire,

No Change in cases in  Glasgow City  (Still very high so this should be doing better than 396.9), Orkney Isles,

Small increase in cases (All under 5%) Argyll & Bute (Only 2 more cases),  North Ayrshire, North Lanarkshire, Perth & Kinross, South Lanarkshire,  West Lothian

Huge Increase in Cases (Over 10%)  Western Isles (Only 1 extra case)

The Scottish Government have shown themselves to be near every bit as incompetent during this shit show as the clowns in London.

But we practically eliminated the virus in summer, and those bad international travelers are the problem! 🥴

27 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Seems a bit silly not to give you yours at the same time.

I can see both sides of the argument here.

On an individual level it's more efficient to get them done at the same time, but on a national level it would be less efficient overall. Having to take the time to check the validity of, and set up appointments for, every example like this I can imagine would become a nightmare very quickly.

Going by my rough calculations, with 17% of the 28% of adults which result in 88% of deaths having received a first dose of 70% effectiveness that means roughly 10% of future deaths have been prevented.

Not sure if I've got that correct, but even at a poor 16k/day rate it's still having a significant effect. Full Hampden for the Euros!