Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, madwullie said:

You're a caricature mate. Love you and all that but ffs 😂 

Come on. We're talking about the same people yesterday defiantly believing that we are going to be able to dish out 400k vaccinations per week from Monday, now instantly believing that the SG have, in less than 24 hours, essentially walked back from that because the UKGov think it's "too transparent"

🤣

22 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The document which was on the Scottish government site last night, but has now been removed (presumably to fix a couple of errors?) had the following:

1. Residents and care home workers, over 80s - 325k
2. Patient-facing health care workers, lab staff & social care staff - 230k
3. Over 75s - 190k
4. Over 70s, extremely vulnerable - 390k
5. Over 65s - 280k
6. Unpaid carers, those with underlying health conditions - 1.01m
7. Over 60s - 280k
8. Over 55s - 330k
9. Over 50s - 340k

That gives a total of 3.375m in their nine priority categories.

I take it that would mean it would need almost 7mill doses to have vaccinated these groups. Going to be a long old slog if only 16k are being done per day.

As an aside I don’t think we should be waiting for those in the 50-60 age group who are healthy to be vaccinated before easing restrictions 

3 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I'm more interested in knowing which types are getting the jab rather than the numbers atm, if we're doing lots of the difficult ones 1st then the numbers will seriously ramp up once they've been jabbed, certainly been going round doors in some areas near me. 

Don’t stockpile until you get the difficult ones out the way.  Get the stuff out there as fast as possible.  If you get some over 60’s or 70’s done while you’re doing the 80’s and care homes in parallel you’re still increasing protection in the wider community.

the seemingly sequential nature of the roll-out to me is negligent from a public health perspective.

I'm more interested in knowing which types are getting the jab rather than the numbers atm, if we're doing lots of the difficult ones 1st then the numbers will seriously ramp up once they've been jabbed, certainly been going round doors in some areas near me. 
I think pretty much that is exactly scenario ie care homes, house bound, working NHS staff etc. Hence the insistence they are still on target. Not sure what part of it some folk can't grasp.

I take it that would mean it would need almost 7mill doses to have vaccinated these groups. Going to be a long old slog if only 16k are being done per day.
As an aside I don’t think we should be waiting for those in the 50-60 age group who are healthy to be vaccinated before easing restrictions 
I'm between 50-60. I have no underlying health issues. My wife however is in the extremely vulnerable category. The last 10 months have been very stressful for me with the worry of taking the virus home to her. Once she gets vaccinated it will be a massive weight off my shoulders.
However I completely agree that some restrictions should be lifted prior to vaccinating healthy people in my age group.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
8 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I think pretty much that is exactly scenario ie care homes, house bound, working NHS staff etc. Hence the insistence they are still on target. Not sure what part of it some folk can't grasp.

We have a large number in stock. Why can't we do both at the same time? There is no logical reason behind completing care homes first before moving on to the programme proper.

If we can do 400k per week from Monday, we should be doing more than 16k per day now.

We have a large number in stock. Why can't we do both at the same time? There is no logical reason behind completing care homes first before moving on to the programme proper.
If we can do 400k per week from Monday, we should be doing more than 16k per day now.

Why bother? This is over as a public health crisis.

So, with a bit of eyeball mk.1 and the drawing tools in PowerPoint, I tried to work out some of the way points. 

I think to stick by the SG plan we need to be at 324,000 by 23rd January - in a weeks time. That translates to 16.5k per day between now and then - assuming weekend service.

If you look at that graph they expect then about 5 days or so after that, the rate of vaccination to really take off: the gradient of the line just over doubles which by my probably faulty reckoning makes it around 36k/day which is then expected to continue into mid February which I think gives you 1.2 million by 21st February.

So, basically the SG plan I think doesn't expect larger figures, generally until really, two weeks from now.

Edited by renton

Guest TheJTS98
28 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

We'll need a source for this. Until then it can be viewed as another excuse the simps unquestionably believe.

Lucky for all of us that you've got the inside track.

Your hearing voices again. 400k per week is the target from the End of February not next week

BBC News - Covid in Scotland: Freeman targets 400,000 vaccinations every week
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55648161

6 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Why bother? This is over as a public health crisis.

What would we know....we are all "simps" after all

Jeeso he is depressing.......continually looking for a negative slant to everything (I am sure he won't take offence to me saying that we are just "simps" so not to be listened to)

14 days into 2021 and I’m already scunnered with it. Still no timeline for when we can start living again. Fearful headlines like the SG are worried the vaccine might not work against the “Brazilian variant”. My anxiety levels have been through the roof the last few days. It’s  been nearly a year of “living” like this 😞

Guest TheJTS98
1 minute ago, John MacLean said:

Do people still consider Todd to be in any way credible? 

I don't think he's a bad lad as a poster. He's just scared and is over-compensating for that by convincing himself that he's got the inside track on nefarious cover-ups and conspiracies to keep people oppressed and at home.

The reality is that politicians and health officials are struggling in the face of a very difficult situation that is very dangerous for lots of people. He just sees sinister acts and intentions where there are none. It's probably not all that unusual a reaction to a crisis.

Scotgov claiming the R rate in Scotland is currently 1.4 is just complete bullshit. This is the 1st real thing in 9 months coming out of her mouth that has really annoyed me.

Rates have clearly flattened and may actually be reducing.