Coronavirus (COVID-19)

23 minutes ago, Romeo said:

No Jab no Job

All for this unless you can prove via a doctor, consultant or some other evidence that you shouldn't' have the vaccine.

Pimlico Plumbers to introduce 'no jab, no job' work contracts | Business | The Guardian

The chairman of that company has always been a prized c**t.

This does nothing to change that fact.

Has there been any figures released for how many people fall under the category of elderly/vulnerable/health care workers in Scotland (and to a lesser extent the rest of the UK)? 
Pretty sure someone posted a bar graph type graphic yesterday that gave a breakdown of how many fall into each vaccination group .

3 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

This mental health guy on the briefing today is obviously the one who came up with those god awful doodle drawing adverts on telly the now.

I'm all for a mental health professional being part of these announcements but this guy has just made me switch off to what he was saying very quickly. 

Edited by ayrmad

I'm all for a mental health professional being part of these announcements but this guy is just made me switch off to what he was saying very quickly. 
Sounded so patronising.

I think it was down to nerves but it was god awful.

Vaccine document pulled at UKG request due to the SG being "too transparent" with anticipated supply rate !!!!!

In other words "no way will you be getting doses at the rate we actually told you".

I don't envy any authority trying to lay out a strategy under these circumstances.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

Vaccine document pulled at UKG request due to the SG being "too transparent" with anticipated supply rate !!!!!

I read from that the devolved administrations have been told, here’s your (fantasy land) supply schedule but don’t make it public as we don’t want to be held to it when it’s proved to be bullshit and we don’t actually have those contracts in place.

2 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Sounded so patronising.

I think it was down to nerves but it was god awful.

Sounded like he was communicating to those with single digit IQ's, that is not my experience of those with mental health issues. 

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

I read from that the devolved administrations have been told, here’s your (fantasy land) supply schedule but don’t make it public as we don’t want to be held to it when it’s proved to be bullshit and we don’t actually have those contracts in place.

Where did you read that?

Yip pretty much. Clever tactic from the SG assuming they were aware of a supply issue actually managing to get the UKGs original stated supply details into the public domain.

The Vaccine minister (Zahari ?) Refused to answer questions on supply yesterday at a commons committee, explains why.

15 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Has there been any figures released for how many people fall under the category of elderly/vulnerable/health care workers in Scotland (and to a lesser extent the rest of the UK)? 

The document which was on the Scottish government site last night, but has now been removed (presumably to fix a couple of errors?) had the following:

1. Residents and care home workers, over 80s - 325k
2. Patient-facing health care workers, lab staff & social care staff - 230k
3. Over 75s - 190k
4. Over 70s, extremely vulnerable - 390k
5. Over 65s - 280k
6. Unpaid carers, those with underlying health conditions - 1.01m
7. Over 60s - 280k
8. Over 55s - 330k
9. Over 50s - 340k

That gives a total of 3.375m in their nine priority categories.

Edited by craigkillie

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Yip pretty much. Clever tactic from the SG assuming they were aware of a supply issue actually managing to get the UKGs original stated supply details into the public domain.

The Vaccine minister (Zahari ?) Refused to answer questions on supply yesterday at a commons committee, explains why.

If they were aware of it, yet plowed ahead on setting a target of 1.4m by the end of February anyway, then that's absolutely foolish, and deserving of ridicule.

Laughable
One of the two GP practices after posting on FB that they were taking delivery of their first batch on Monday have since announced they will be issuing the first appointments from 25 January. FB went into meltdown blaming SG distribution only for the practice to clarify that the practice nurse was on holiday next week. It's issues throughout the chain from supply and procurement right down to petty stuff like nurses on leave !

If they were aware of it, yet plowed ahead on setting a target of 1.4m by the end of February anyway, then that's absolutely foolish, and deserving of ridicule.
I assume they were / are trying to force the UKG hand which is 100% correct not to accept their crap as you keep telling us we should do with the SG.

They have not said they don't have what they stated, it's future supply time scales that has been questioned by the sounds of it.

NS reiterated yet again they remain on target.