Coronavirus (COVID-19)

On 09/01/2021 at 08:04, Jacksgranda said:

She started back on Wednesday, she gets her jab next Thursday.

Her son has asthma, her eldest daughter has a lowered immune system, and she's a toddler and a 9 month old baby in the house.

That's her got her first jab about 30 minutes ago. She's off the night.

29 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

It's genuinely like we're back in March 2020 again. Public being blamed, Tories refusing to close things down because their obsession with 'protecting the economy' means they can't see the wood for the trees.

This is only going to get worse (in London at least) if these c***s aren't held accountable, but instead you've got a BBC journalist offering no analysis of why these "travellers" - massive fucking dogwhistle there IMO - are using the tube. Avoids the word "commuters" because that would give the game away.

"Follow the spirit, not the letter of the law..."

10 hours ago, DAFC. said:

“Her Majesty’s Government”

That club is honestly weird as f*ck. Obsessed with a corrupt institute that doesn’t give two shits about them. A strange, strange bunch of people. Like, the gesture is appreciated, but calm the staunchness for one second, eh?

The club that died were not in as much of hurry to deal with HMRC 😂 

38 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

It's genuinely like we're back in March 2020 again. Public being blamed, Tories refusing to close things down because their obsession with 'protecting the economy' means they can't see the wood for the trees.

This is only going to get worse (in London at least) if these c***s aren't held accountable, but instead you've got a BBC journalist offering no analysis of why these "travellers" - massive fucking dogwhistle there IMO - are using the tube. Avoids the word "commuters" because that would give the game away.

Why are the tube drivers concerned? They have Osama Bin Laden to thank for being separated from the rest of the train through a pretty sturdy door.

My pal is commuting everyday right across London to go to his job at a recording studio that is "Covid safe"

45 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

What's so bad about what he's saying? Other than spamming the f**k out of threads instead of multi-quoting, and his odd habit of replying to himself like Clint Eastwood and his chair, what's making folk so upset?

Calling for people to storm Downing Street and kill everyone inside is a bit out of order IMO.

And I hate the Tories as much as anyone.

11 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Seriously I'd like to know how old you are. I never, ever, ever go around the forum hassling individual posters. As I am an adult. 

You may not like how I argue, but I'm talking about the subject at hand 100% of the time. Which is what a forum is for. I sometimes might call someone a p***k if they're being a p***k, but only within the confines of the debate already going on.

Never, ever, ever would I even consider going round the forum just to have a go at another poster, whilst not even taking part in the debate, but I get it from what five, six, maybe seven people on here, every single time I'm on.

So I'd like to know how old you are?

This is one of the worst posts I've ever read on this forum.

36 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Big long thread on compliance etc.

As you might expect and reflecting some of the anecdotes that have been shared recently, it's a significant chunk of over 60s who are being less serious about the rules:

Why would anyone be isolating for over 21 days?

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Why would anyone be isolating for over 21 days?

There are two reasons as far as I can tell.

1) You test positive and continue to have symptoms for a lengthy period of time. You can only come out of isolation when the symptoms are gone.

2) You are asked to self-isolate, and at some point during that isolation period you subsequently test positive and have to extend your isolation period appropriately.

Edited by craigkillie

Big long thread on compliance etc.
As you might expect and reflecting some of the anecdotes that have been shared recently, it's a significant chunk of over 60s who are being less serious about the rules:

Gammons gonna gammon

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Before he tipped up, this thread had an acceptable ratio of decent content to shite - I actually think it had improved as a couple of wee hangers-on appear, despite their posting style, to to be somebody's "weans that huvnae hud it",  to have been shunted back into the virus factories because ma or da is a hero. 

Then.. Well, then this absolute fucking idiot tips up and any semblance of debate or information exchange gets submerged in a tsunami of absolute drivel. I'm not one for calling for someone's head normally, but this knob wants emptying. For good.

The virus would need to have a 99.9% fatality rate on the forum before you became the voice of authority on good posting.