Coronavirus (COVID-19)

14 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

That's exactly what you are doing. They couldn't, there's no point arguing the facts of the matter, Scotgov could not tell businesses to close until income support was in place. That was the responsibility of WM. This is a simple, basic, irrefutable fact that I've never heard anyone attempt to dispute until you.

Yes they could.

if I remember correctly Boris locked the country down before furlough or the various business support schemes were in place.  When he did that a raft of people were made redundant between him shutting pubs etc and Sunak announcing his economic support package.  Some employers rescinded the redundancy and furloughed the staff instead.  Happened to a member of my family.

9 hours ago, DAFC. said:

“Her Majesty’s Government”

That club is honestly weird as f*ck. Obsessed with a corrupt institute that doesn’t give two shits about them. A strange, strange bunch of people. Like, the gesture is appreciated, but calm the staunchness for one second, eh?

Her Majesty's Government will have a spam filter that chucks creepy stuff like this straight in the fucking bin alongside emails from the abducted by aliens crack jobs. 

Isn't it strange that, when Pepp turns up on what has (outside of Todd's graph fixation and dismissal of "a public health crisis", and the Sage of Inverclyde's regular howling tantrums) a pretty reasonable forum with varying views and some fairly informed debate and within a couple of days turns it into an unreadable pile of shite, other posters are having a go at him? 

I'll answer that. No, it's not strange at all. Act like a cúnt, get treated like a cúnt.

Isn't it strange that, when Pepp turns up on what has (outside of Todd's graph fixation and dismissal of "a public health crisis", and the Sage of Inverclyde's regular howling tantrums) a pretty reasonable forum with varying views and some fairly informed debate and within a couple of days turns it into an unreadable pile of shite, other posters are having a go at him? 
I'll answer that. No, it's not strange at all. Act like a cúnt, get treated like a cúnt.
Hes currently shitfesting about 4 or 5 different threads. It was said before recently but its mental how he gets to keep doing it but PB gets banned almost immediately. Peps contributions are universally shite, and ruin threads.

It's genuinely like we're back in March 2020 again. Public being blamed, Tories refusing to close things down because their obsession with 'protecting the economy' means they can't see the wood for the trees.

This is only going to get worse (in London at least) if these c***s aren't held accountable, but instead you've got a BBC journalist offering no analysis of why these "travellers" - massive fucking dogwhistle there IMO - are using the tube. Avoids the word "commuters" because that would give the game away.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Hes currently shitfesting about 4 or 5 different threads. It was said before recently but its mental how he gets to keep doing it but PB gets banned almost immediately. Peps contributions are universally shite, and ruin threads.

PB doesn't even do it to anything like the level Pep does.

I'll be honest, I had no idea at all that this Carnoustie character was actually Pep until Miguel Sanchez mentioned it late on last night. Explains a lot.

When you're constantly accused by other folk of being a continuation of that wee oddity Supras, as Pep is, you should really accept that you're a garbage poster.

My Granda found out yesterday he's getting his first dose at the weekend. 77-years-old and with no underlying conditions. NHS Highland obviously have themselves in order.

My 82-year-old Papa with COPD, Bronchitis, Asthma and Diabetes who lives in GGC still hasn't heard a peep though.

56 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Yes they could.

if I remember correctly Boris locked the country down before furlough or the various business support schemes were in place.  When he did that a raft of people were made redundant between him shutting pubs etc and Sunak announcing his economic support package.  Some employers rescinded the redundancy and furloughed the staff instead.  Happened to a member of my family.

Nah Furlough scheme was announced on 20th March (Lockdown 23rd) and it could be backdated to 1st march

6 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

What's so bad about what he's saying? Other than spamming the f**k out of threads instead of multi-quoting, and his odd habit of replying to himself like Clint Eastwood and his chair, what's making folk so upset?

Before he tipped up, this thread had an acceptable ratio of decent content to shite - I actually think it had improved as a couple of wee hangers-on appear, despite their posting style, to to be somebody's "weans that huvnae hud it",  to have been shunted back into the virus factories because ma or da is a hero. 

Then.. Well, then this absolute fucking idiot tips up and any semblance of debate or information exchange gets submerged in a tsunami of absolute drivel. I'm not one for calling for someone's head normally, but this knob wants emptying. For good.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

7 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

What's so bad about what he's saying? Other than spamming the f**k out of threads instead of multi-quoting, and his odd habit of replying to himself like Clint Eastwood and his chair, what's making folk so upset?

Dreadful habit of hijacking a thread and then once presented a counter argument, turning the argument to 'you're only arguing with me because it's me'. It's a debate killer and impossible to actually reply to without a poster then using the reply as further ammo to back up their point. Example being the constant questioning of 'what age are you, do you have kids?' when you have no actual comeback.

Fucking horrendous style of posting. Supras made an awful habit of it and there is another poster over on BAWA who has actively contributed to driving most of the traffic away on that site too by doing the same thing.

Safe to say if I'd know who he was before engaging him, I'd have left well alone.

Edited by djchapsticks

21 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

It's genuinely like we're back in March 2020 again. Public being blamed, Tories refusing to close things down because their obsession with 'protecting the economy' means they can't see the wood for the trees.

This is only going to get worse (in London at least) if these c***s aren't held accountable, but instead you've got a BBC journalist offering no analysis of why these "travellers" - massive fucking dogwhistle there IMO - are using the tube. Avoids the word "commuters" because that would give the game away.

That camera image makes them all scrunched up with the tube doors 6 inches apart. It's obviously a problem in London but it annoys me that they always make it look worse than it is, no need.

Edited by welshbairn

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That camera image makes them all scrunched with the tube doors 6 inches apart. It's obviously a problem in London but it annoys me they always make it look worse than it is, no need.

Well, yes, that too. The entire tweet is just massively fucking deceitful, and part of the campaign to blame the public for the government's failings.

Force non-essential workplaces to shut. Pay workers adequately to stay at home.

Until those two things are done, there is zero point in keeping us from meeting each other, socially distanced, outdoors, other than to be seen window dressing while you've got the fucking front door wide open and letting the rain in.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That camera image makes them all scrunched with the tube doors 6 inches apart. It's obviously a problem in London but it annoys me they always make it look worse than it is, no need.

Up to a point I agree, but if you look at how close they are to the person in front you can see social distancing is not even being remotely observed.