Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

CYG absolutely lobs every fake news story that crosses his path about on Facebook doesnt he.

Again, why did you post on this thread?  I don't see you make any comment whatsoever about Covid, just about me. So why did you come on here to do that?  

I actually have a post about Covid, so that's why I'm here, cause I'm an adult and this is a forum

I would imagine this is why we are refusing to put any restrictions on people coming from Brazil. As our government are still pursuing this ridiculous idea of herd immunity. Their own modelling showed around 260 thousand people would have to die to achieve whatever herd immunity was possible btw. And they decided to go with that. 

Every time something like this happens and people ask what is going on do they actually want us to die, the answer is yes they do, they said it right at the start, have never retracted it and still pursue this policy to this day.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Good grief, the last 10 pages or so.  For those of a squeamish nature, never, under any circumstances, venture into Pep's playground, the Misc Other Football sub-forum.  

Again do you have a post actually about Covid?  Do you think stuff like this makes the thread a better read?  

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Again do you have a post actually about Covid?  Do you think stuff like this makes the thread a better read?  

If you go back to this time yesterday, before you flooded the thread with absolute fucking shite, you'll see I did post about it, and the requirement for pathways/routemaps.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

If you go back to this time yesterday, before you flooded the thread with absolute fucking shite, you'll see I did post about it, and the requirement for pathways/routemaps.

But today decided just to attack me, with nothing about Covid.  You literally came onto this thread not to discuss Covid at all, just to have a go at me. How old are you?  Do you have children?

6 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Again, why did you post on this thread?  I don't see you make any comment whatsoever about Covid, just about me. So why did you come on here to do that?  

I actually have a post about Covid, so that's why I'm here, cause I'm an adult and this is a forum

I would imagine this is why we are refusing to put any restrictions on people coming from Brazil. As our government are still pursuing this ridiculous idea of herd immunity. Their own modelling showed around 260 thousand people would have to die to achieve whatever herd immunity was possible btw. And they decided to go with that. 

Every time something like this happens and people ask what is going on do they actually want us to die, the answer is yes they do, they said it right at the start, have never retracted it and still pursue this policy to this day.

Heard immunity is a very sensible goal. 

The problem can be with how it’s achieved.

If it’s from letting the virus go unchecked then people will die needlessly. 

If it’s from vaccinations then I can’t see that herd immunity is a problem.

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

Heard immunity is a very sensible goal. 

The problem can be with how it’s achieved.

If it’s from letting the virus go unchecked then people will die needlessly. 

If it’s from vaccinations then I can’t see that herd immunity is a problem.

Well no, everyone is after herd immunity essentially.  But we decided to do it by allowing it to pass through the population, knowing that is projected to cause around a quarter of a million deaths.  It seems we're about halfway there.

NZ and other places tried to suppress it (Scotland did too but London decided that wasn't feasible) and will pursue that with vaccinations.

See when I said why don't people go to Downing St and fuckin kill these b*****ds cause they're killing us, I wasn't really joking. They are killing us by our thousands every day. If people actually knew there would be an uprising.

2 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Well no, everyone is after herd immunity essentially.  But we decided to do it by allowing it to pass through the population, knowing that is projected to cause around a quarter of a million deaths.  It seems we're about halfway there.

NZ and other places tried to suppress it (Scotland did too but London decided that wasn't feasible) and will pursue that with vaccinations.

See when I said why don't people go to Downing St and fuckin kill these b*****ds cause they're killing us, I wasn't really joking. They are killing us by our thousands every day. If people actually knew there would be an uprising.

Seems counterproductive to keep shutting everything if that’s the strategy. 

I’ll look out for your revolution on the news. God speed.

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Seems counterproductive to keep shutting everything if that’s the strategy. 

I’ll look out for your revolution on the news. God speed.

They were very open about this, its so it comes in waves to stop the NHS being overwhelmed. If you just let it go all at once you would have societal breakdown and economic meltdown and the NHS would collapse. 

So the plan is to mitigate each time and manage it to stop the NHS being overwhelmed, but let it pass through the population in a managed fashion. That was the choice they made, mitigation over suppression. Scotgov chose suppression but its hand have been tied being attached to and governed by a country with ten times our population that was pursuing mitigation.

11 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

They were very open about this, its so it comes in waves to stop the NHS being overwhelmed. If you just let it go all at once you would have societal breakdown and economic meltdown and the NHS would collapse. 

So the plan is to mitigate each time and manage it to stop the NHS being overwhelmed, but let it pass through the population in a managed fashion. That was the choice they made, mitigation over suppression. Scotgov chose suppression but its hand have been tied being attached to and governed by a country with ten times our population that was pursuing mitigation.

They weren’t very open about anything. They were pursuing herd immunity by allowing spread but it turned out to be a bad look so decided to pursue a “mitigation “ strategy instead. The aim of the mitigation strategy isn’t here immunity. It is to avoid bad headlines. Any suggestion that this government has any goals or strategy beyond staying in power from day to day is laughable.

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Since you came on here just to have a go at me, feel I should remind everyone you openly shared your hope that somebody murders Nicola Sturgeon. That's what sort of person you are.

That was @Jacksgranda, not me.

(Sorry @Jacksgrandait was you or me, so I Lee Wallaced you)

34 minutes ago, coprolite said:

If it’s from letting the virus go unchecked then people will die needlessly

And mutations would continue forever until it becomes much more deadly and kills itself out or become harmless or somewhere in between we can't just let it run through society unless we isolate ourselves as a country to limit the spread of new variants

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55651518

This story re immunity for "months" is doing the rounds this morning. MSM seem determined to give it a bit of a 'bad news' spin with the "you could still get it again", but on the whole its surely a positive story.

Couple of things though - they say it gives you protection for at least 5 months. But the study itself only lasted 5 months, so it could of course actually be significantly longer (it may not of course, but we just don't know).

Also it was conducted from June - Nov when numbers, particularly in the early part of that timeframe were pretty small. Looks like to me there's been a hell of a lot of 'protection' been built up the last few weeks.

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

This Tory Z-lister was on the news earlier saying they have had to delay the introduction of the negative test requirement so international arrivals have enough enough time to become familiar with the new rules.

Is this Ministerial speak for "we need to check that Stanley Johnson isn't currently in Greece before introducing something which might delay him at the airport for more than a few seconds when he gets back"?