Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

“Her Majesty’s Government”

That club is honestly weird as f*ck. Obsessed with a corrupt institute that doesn’t give two shits about them. A strange, strange bunch of people. Like, the gesture is appreciated, but calm the staunchness for one second, eh?

But what vaccines do you need to go into the cesspit?

That doesn't mean anything. Of course we'll 'come out the other side' as in the UK will still exist, its not going to sink. But in what state, in what timeframe and at what cost?  Come out the other side what a load of fuckin shite tbh. 
At a far greater cost if we continue to impose draconian lockdown measures on the entirety of the population for any longer than is absolutely necessary

1 hour ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Seriously I'd like to know how old you are. I never, ever, ever go around the forum hassling individual posters. As I am an adult. 

You may not like how I argue, but I'm talking about the subject at hand 100% of the time. Which is what a forum is for. I sometimes might call someone a p***k if they're being a p***k, but only within the confines of the debate already going on.

Never, ever, ever would I even consider going round the forum just to have a go at another poster, whilst not even taking part in the debate, but I get it from what five, six, maybe seven people on here, every single time I'm on.

So I'd like to know how old you are?

Going round the forum? Settle down. 
Ok within the confines of this debate youre being weird. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

2 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Never, ever, ever would I even consider going round the forum just to have a go at another poster, whilst not even taking part in the debate, but I get it from what five, six, maybe seven people on here, every single time I'm on..

I can easily get that in ten minutes.

My take is that - apart from the odd outlier - most posters get what they deserve both for good and ill and if you make contentious posts you have to accept that others will take issue with you.

I disagree with a fair few posters on here - especially on the politics thread - but I'd say that most are pretty fair-minded.

Fair play to Carnoustie for sitting on his hands for 10 months waiting for the mood swing of the thread, and then bang.   

20 pages every few hours of horrendous posting  and people are still biting. 😄

Will someone PM me once he starts posting again, I might have a poke or two.

6 hours ago, DAFC. said:

That club is honestly weird as f*ck. Obsessed with a corrupt institute that doesn’t give two shits about them. A strange, strange bunch of people. Like, the gesture is appreciated, but calm the staunchness for one second, eh?

While all the time Her Majesty was writing letters asking for the tax and NI contributions that pay for the the NHS, they were getting fucked straight in the bin.

6 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Those trees look photoshopped. We all know nothing grows on the Plains of Gorgoroth.

8 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I am panicked, I don't know if you've noticed the hundred thousand people that have died in the last ten months.  The appropriate response to that is panic.

Anyway, I posted an article, maybe your couple of years of dodging classes compares to his decades of work in the field, perhaps I am being unreasonable.

I can't think of many situations where panic is the appropriate response. Natural response maybe, but never the optimal.

Waiting to see if this Brazil variant is here, if so it's going to be a LONG time before and restrictions are lifted.
And in the very next announcement England announced it's delaying introducing compulsory negative tests for international arrivals, you couldn't make it up. It's thankfully to start as scheduled albeit months too late in Scotland.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
9 hours ago, Big Fifer said:
When can we expect the route map for X people vaccinated, Y & Z can then open again? 

That will not be the measure. In will be deaths and hospitalizations falling to X will mean Y and Z can re-open.

Perhaps. But bottom line, loosely speaking, there will presumably be a formula of sorts which should lead to things opening up again (Granted at this particular time, I can see the logic in the SG keeping it 'under-wraps', but presumably its being discussed behind the scenes?

This Tory Z-lister was on the news earlier saying they have had to delay the introduction of the negative test requirement so international arrivals have enough enough time to become familiar with the new rules.

That's not a luxury they seem to give any other sector when new rules are brought in.

This Tory Z-lister was on the news earlier saying they have had to delay the introduction of the negative test requirement so international arrivals have enough enough time to become familiar with the new rules.

That's not a luxury they seem to give any other sector when new rules are brought in.

The epitome of their response throughout. Delay and dither.

Hmmm I wonder what airline ceo has offered a party donation.

12 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

That's not back to normal though is it?  If its always going to be out there life could never return to how it was in 2019, you'd always have to be wary.  Social distance for the rest of your life, how could you have crowds returning to football?  Who would go if you might catch your death?  And the economic damage would be off the charts.

Of course life will never return to what it was like in 2019. Football crowds will of course return if it was a place bad for transmission of a virus like this it would also be a hot bed for flu, it's not.

What do you mean who would go if you might catch your death? Lots of people have sadly died in football stadia, usually because of a crush it doesn't put people off in the same way people make hundreds of risk based decisions every day. 

As for social distancing for life, there is no chance! It would be illegal to have sex with someone you don't live with so either your population falls off a cliff or inbreeding rockets. Not a problem in Fife but the rest of you might not be so pleased.

Edited by 101

27 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Japan has the lowest rate of infection among any G7 nation, with no lockdowns and now we know why.

IMG_1237.jpg

I just find it amusing that this in a town called f**k You OK (although they spell it a wee bit differently)

May have been funnier if it was FUKU UK

Good grief, the last 10 pages or so.  For those of a squeamish nature, never, under any circumstances, venture into Pep's playground, the Misc Other Football sub-forum.