Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Something doesn't seem right here.

The available stock reduces by 440k between the end of w/c 4/1 and w/c 11/1 (this week), not including the delivery of 47,200 AZ doses.

Where has it gone?

Screenshot_20210113-210028_Dropbox.jpg

Supply issues presumably. Don't know when it would have arrived in the UK but it may have been disturbed in the border chaos around Christmas.

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I wouldn't have thought so, no.

Edit. I was reading it like the end column was a stock take, but on second reading it looks like weekly totals?

Meaning that 489k figure is wildly inaccurate.

They've built in an assumption that 5% of the stock is wastage 

Just now, 101 said:

Supply issues presumably. Don't know when it would have arrived in the UK but it may have been disturbed in the border chaos around Christmas.

This document was published today. There is no excuse for publishing inaccurate historical figures.

Still doesn't explain why they have published a document today that shows 489k vaccines were administered before 4/1

It doesn’t, it shows 489k total (minus assumed wastage) were delivered to Scotland upto January 10th.

8 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

This document was published today. There is no excuse for publishing inaccurate historical figures.

I agree it seems odd not to have an explanation but I assume it's accurate, like you say it was published today.

30 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Good to see this much transparency. Next step is to tell us when restrictions ease off of they stick to the plan.

Well and good, but death is too good for people who publish excel graphs without the minor gridlines.

57 minutes ago, Paco said:

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-deployment-plan-2021/

Vaccination plan from the Scottish Government. Sets out in pretty open detail the projected numbers of available stock and how/when it’ll be used.

I have severe doubts we’ll ever administer 400k in a week, which despite Freeman’s nonsense earlier isn’t 400k a week every week but more when stocks allow, but clearly they believe it’s possible. Staffing levels look perfectly adequate.

That’s the plan. Line in the sand drawn. Let’s see how they get on.

This is good in general, this level of transparency is excellent to see. However I do have a couple of issues with it. First of all, it claims to cover how vaccines will be rolled out for 4.5m people, but in reality it only covers the 3.375m people who have been put in one of the 9 priority categories. In addition to that, charts 2 and 3 seem to suggest that only 2.7m vaccines will be given out to these people. I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but I read through it twice and don't think I am.

8 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Slow vaccine rollout - 'This unacceptably slow!'

Detailed plans of  proposed huge ramping up of vaccine rollout - 'This is fantasy stuff!' 

Let's see if we actually achieve the targets first before proclaiming the vaccine rollout a success eh?

Bear in mind we had taken delivery of over 500k vaccines by the 3rd of January, yet had administered less than 33% of that total by this morning.

The plan looks solid, but then so have many previous plans that ended up in tatters in about a week.

Edited by Todd_is_God

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Let's see if we actually achieve the targets first before proclaiming the vaccine rollout a success eh?

Bear in mind we had taken delivery of over 500k vaccines by the 3rd of January, yet had administered less than 33% of that total by this morning.

The plan looks solid, but then so have many previous plans that ended up in tatters in about a week.

My parents received a call from the local surgery yesterday and have been invited down on Monday for their jab and again in April.

It seems highly efficient from my perspective.

Just saw an American lady on the telly state that 30% of healthcare workers im NYC had declined the vaccination. 
That's nuts. I hope our uptake is a good bit higher. 
Yeah but they probably count essential oils salesmen, chiropractors and MMS morons as "healthcare workers"

12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Exactly. Let's wait and see, not complain about something before it's even possible to judge.

Weren't supplies "diverted" to some of the worst hit areas.

BBC widely reporting that once a vaccination centre reaches its targets for each category it must not "crack on" even if they have supply. Every agreed category must be completed in every area before any vaccination location can move to the next category down. It appears this policy is designed for "geographic fairness" and to avoid accusations of a postcode lottery.

Troon has 2 GP practices. One has announced it will receive it's first next Monday but the other doesn't expect supply until 25th.