Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, MixuFruit said:

Who in many cases probably wouldn't be able to support home working hence furlough. I'm fortunate to have been able to work remotely throughout, I know plenty of people doing jobs that could also be done perfectly well at home who still have to traipse into offices. It's going to be very good for those people being able to have the right to work at home, it should work much like being able to request flexible working hours does currently.

Yeah that's my point though, once furlough ends those businesses are done if people are still homeworking. Also things like public transport may need to be reevaluated.

Hearing today that various councils are asking their staff to sign up to an internal register for early vaccination to avoid doses going to waste through folk not turning up to appointments and the limited stability of the vaccine itself. Criteria is that staff must be over 18 and able to make it to an appointment within 30 minutes if selected. Makes sense if doses will be wasted otherwise.
Which ones ?

17 minutes ago, philpy said:

Right. I've got a walk which the wife and I do every Sunday, which is just over a mile away. The wife suffers with fibromyalgia, and sometimes she has days where she can manage the walk,and other days a shorter distance, so we take the car. I also take my camera, as wildlife photography is a great release mental health wise. Am I doing anything wrong here??

You'll be able to photograph F1 cars in a few years! 

Scottish people in being aggressive c***s shocker!!
It didn’t take a pandemic for me to realise there was a high percentage of c****s in society. Utter vermin. They’ve normally got sleeve tattoos and are doing that “ beard thing”. 
Nope. Some might have beards and tattoos, but the women are just as bad!

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-deployment-plan-2021/

Vaccination plan from the Scottish Government. Sets out in pretty open detail the projected numbers of available stock and how/when it’ll be used.

I have severe doubts we’ll ever administer 400k in a week, which despite Freeman’s nonsense earlier isn’t 400k a week every week but more when stocks allow, but clearly they believe it’s possible. Staffing levels look perfectly adequate.

That’s the plan. Line in the sand drawn. Let’s see how they get on.

7 minutes ago, Paco said:

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-deployment-plan-2021/

Vaccination plan from the Scottish Government. Sets out in pretty open detail the projected numbers of available stock and how/when it’ll be used.

I have severe doubts we’ll ever administer 400k in a week, which despite Freeman’s nonsense earlier isn’t 400k a week every week but more when stocks allow, but clearly they believe it’s possible. Staffing levels look perfectly adequate.

Good to see this much transparency. Next step is to tell us when restrictions ease off of they stick to the plan.

41 minutes ago, Steven W said:

I can confirm that is the case (certainly in Falkirk's case) . My wife has signed up.

Yep, Falkirk definitely. Two friends are employees of Falkirk Council and mentioned on the groupchat that they’d signed up.

24 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:
Hearing today that various councils are asking their staff to sign up to an internal register for early vaccination to avoid doses going to waste through folk not turning up to appointments and the limited stability of the vaccine itself. Criteria is that staff must be over 18 and able to make it to an appointment within 30 minutes if selected. Makes sense if doses will be wasted otherwise.

Which ones ?

Have heard that both West Lothian and City of Edinburgh Council’s have or will be sending similar communications to their employees but I can’t confirm either to be fact.

That’s my girlfriend just been offered the covid vaccine as a frontline worker.

Thankful as f**k considering she’s in and out of peoples homes all day.

Now just to worry about me getting it when it comes to 29 year old asthmatics.

That’s her first one booked for this Sunday at PRI and the 2nd one booked in for 12 weeks after.

Genuinely buzzing for her.

Something doesn't seem right here.

The available stock reduces by 440k between the end of w/c 4/1 and w/c 11/1 (this week), not including the delivery of 47,200 AZ doses.

Where has it gone?

Screenshot_20210113-210028_Dropbox.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Does include the stuff doled out in December?

I wouldn't have thought so, no.

Edit. I was reading it like the end column was a stock take, but on second reading it looks like weekly totals?

Meaning that 489k figure is wildly inaccurate.

Edited by Todd_is_God

24 minutes ago, Paco said:

This is exactly what should be layed out at every stage now very sensible adult document. Deviation from this without good reason would be a really bad look. So let's hope we can hit 400k a week.