Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Scotland could have put in controls for air traffic arrivals, testing and absolutely, could have put the mandatory 2 week quarantine that the Scottish Government put in place in June in place when there were thousands of arrivals a day from places like Italy back in March 2020. They absolutely deserve massive criticism for these failures. Putting these measures in place would have probably spurred the UK gv’t to do the same. 
Also Icelandair obviously operates as a massive Europe-North America hub. 

Hardly massive but Iceland Air transit passengers can easily be ordered to stay airside. If we have no control over the Tweed border you can't compare us to Iceland or New Zealand, look how long it took for the new variant to make its way from Essex to here.

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Cheers for the best example ever of hindsight in work. 

Can you actually imagine the shitstorm if Nicola Sturgeon had done everything you just posted above ? 

The Tories, the media, everyone would have been furious, accusing the Scottish government of overstepping the mark. There is NO WAY....realistically....that the SG could have done what you say above, without it first being approved by Westminster. 

Are you actually kidding? Ive been critical of the Scottish Governments efforts throughout the pandemic, I called for flights to be stopped and for mass testing of passengers from the very start, dont sit there and give me the hindsight pish, ive been consistent since this started. 
Thats the thing, leadership means taking difficult decisions when you need to. She absolutely could have taken these measures when thousands of football fans were coming into Glasgow from all over in Feb/March and concerts even on the eve of lockdown. They absolutely shat it from taking the effective measures necessary. I get the need for fiscal assistance, but ultimately could have got a head start in terms of mitigating this pandemic by acting appropriately at the critical point. Its a trend which has continued throughout the management of the pandemic, why is test and trace still a farce? Why did they allow christmas mixing etc? Its been a complete clusterfuck from the outset and I like many others have called it such, not hindsight, foresight. 

That’s my girlfriend just been offered the covid vaccine as a frontline worker.

Thankful as f**k considering she’s in and out of peoples homes all day.

Now just to worry about me getting it when it comes to 29 year old asthmatics.

6 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Nah that's pish mate. Scotland, Wales and NI couldn't lock down until the UK chancellor started the furlough scheme. That's just a fact.

Its also a fact studies have shown a lockdown 11 days earlier could have avoided 90% of cases.

Your first fact was a choice. Other countries locked down and implemented the furlough scheme soon after or immediately where they had the foresight to have planned for this sort of event. Not that I think “the science” in this country wasn’t there to foresee this scenario, the problem was the more likely the great British dickhead politician always knowing best. 

Your second fact almost contradicts your first. 11 days earlier would’ve massively reduced cases and gave the gov a minimum of 11 days to implement a clear, concise furlough scheme if required. If required, it would’ve also come at a massively reduced cost (possibly 90%?) to the UK purse given the vastly reduced volume of Covid cases and workers who MIGHT have necessitated furlough. 

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The SG allowed a full house at Ibrox and were quite happy for the Old Firm game to go ahead too.

Those are also just facts.

Not being financially able to do something is irrelevant when they had no interest in doing so anyway.

Again, that's assigning your own judgement to other people which you couldn't possibly know to be true.  Scotgov was calling for a lockdown long before it happened, so its just dishonest to say they had no interest in doing so.  

9 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Cheers for the best example ever of hindsight in work. 

Can you actually imagine the shitstorm if Nicola Sturgeon had done everything you just posted above ? 

The Tories, the media, everyone would have been furious, accusing the Scottish government of overstepping the mark. There is NO WAY....realistically....that the SG could have done what you say above, without it first being approved by Westminster. 

We are in the shitstorm, it can't be avoided. 

DfT is a devolved matter? 

Guest bernardblack
There's a cracking new product out called a kettle.    Allows you to make coffee in house.  

Artisanal choccywoccycampachoochoo or GTF.

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Your first fact was a choice. Other countries locked down and implemented the furlough scheme soon after or immediately where they had the foresight to have planned for this sort of event. Not that I think “the science” in this country wasn’t there to foresee this scenario, the problem was the more likely the great British dickhead politician always knowing best. 

Your second fact almost contradicts your first. 11 days earlier would’ve massively reduced cases and gave the gov a minimum of 11 days to implement a clear, concise furlough scheme if required. If required, it would’ve also come at a massively reduced cost (possibly 90%?) to the UK purse given the vastly reduced volume of Covid cases and workers who MIGHT have necessitated furlough. 

No it wasn't a choice, it was a choice made by WM that the devolved assemblies had foisted on them, and wanted made earlier.  There's no point in being dishonest.

9 minutes ago, mizfit said:

That’s my girlfriend just been offered the covid vaccine as a frontline worker.

Thankful as f**k considering she’s in and out of peoples homes all day.

Now just to worry about me getting it when it comes to 29 year old asthmatics.

Hearing today that various councils are asking their staff to sign up to an internal register for early vaccination to avoid doses going to waste through folk not turning up to appointments and the limited stability of the vaccine itself. Criteria is that staff must be over 18 and able to make it to an appointment within 30 minutes if selected. Makes sense if doses will be wasted otherwise.

Edited by 8MileBU

11 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

No it wasn't a choice, it was a choice made by WM that the devolved assemblies had foisted on them, and wanted made earlier.  There's no point in being dishonest.

Could have and didn’t. That simple.

You’re just being argumentative for the sake of it.

30 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Erm, that looks more like some vile individual engaging in an act of necrophilia. Not a dildo in sight. You sick f**k.

Well I dont let a Thatcher mention go by without a Limmy quote, and Tynies fantastic rant deserved a picture too. This was the best I could do, so suck it

6 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Could have and didn’t. That simple.

You’re just being argumentative for the sake of it.

That's exactly what you are doing. They couldn't, there's no point arguing the facts of the matter, Scotgov could not tell businesses to close until income support was in place. That was the responsibility of WM. This is a simple, basic, irrefutable fact that I've never heard anyone attempt to dispute until you.

55 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I acquiesce, a rather large percentage of our population are horrible, ignorant, self entitled c***s.  The level of selfishness and me me me can be traced back to the Thatcherite policies of that dreadful women who created a country of sheer avarice that still flourishes years later.   Community spirit crushed, unions crushed, all about image, buy your own home, look at what I have culture.  May she rot in hell.

Hope you don't voice that in Luckie's next time you have a pint in there before a game.4U0m6pP.png.687465a13b7e55ae305890d1d78c0792.png

33 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Again, that's assigning your own judgement to other people which you couldn't possibly know to be true.  Scotgov was calling for a lockdown long before it happened, so its just dishonest to say they had no interest in doing so.  

Allowing multiple mass gatherings doesn't strike me as the kind of thing a government desperate to lock down would do tbh, particularly when other countries were playing games behind closed doors etc at the time, without necessarily being in a lock down.

But obviously you know better.