Coronavirus (COVID-19)

37 minutes ago, superbigal said:

60% of households mixing on Xmas day leads to possibly 120% rise in infections.  Not rocket science.

The rise was happening before Christmas due to pubs, restaurants and retail.

Also we had Christmas in Scotland and the rise is not comparable to the south east. 

Edited by Detournement

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

Some construction sites were preparing to be shut down, but I thought they were expecting the announcement tomorrow?

We were all hoping we'd get sent home. Some of us would get furloughed  others wfh. For the life of me, apart from guys working on essential maintenance, testing etc none of this is essential.

Cynical view? The furlough budget wont stretch to it, so we carry on.

But, to repeat myself, we should be getting the jag now, way before people who have been at home since March.

1 minute ago, H Wragg said:

I see there's now a Brazilian variant of the virus on the go.

There will be hundreds, if not thousands, of variants.

Nobody bothered labelling or highlighting them until the gov needed an excuse to u-turn on their Christmas idea.

3 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

We were all hoping we'd get sent home. Some of us would get furloughed  others wfh. For the life of me, apart from guys working on essential maintenance, testing etc none of this is essential.

Cynical view? The furlough budget wont stretch to it, so we carry on.

But, to repeat myself, we should be getting the jag now, way before people who have been at home since March.

Tend to agree. Essential workers should be vaccinated ASAP.

Isn't that what somewhere in Asia is doing?

Edited by Todd_is_God

5 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

I see there's now a Brazilian variant of the virus on the go.

I know.  I heard that they have to take a swab from the back of your throat to see if you have Covid-19 then they look at your pubes to see if it's the Brazilian variant.....all very intrusive if you ask me..........

Seems to be but I guess they

A) need to actually have people booked and attending the slots
B) don't want to fire through all the doses and then have people sitting doing nothing for weeks until we are confident the supplies will be coming.

It's still early stages and still apparently on track for the over 80s by month end and 400k per week by end of Feb.

Also sounds like they aren't using the mass sites yet which will greatly increase the numbers being done.

Priority for Care Homes as well - someone made the point yesterday that that takes longer.

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
4 hours ago, MP_MFC said:
Seems to be but I guess they

A) need to actually have people booked and attending the slots
B) don't want to fire through all the doses and then have people sitting doing nothing for weeks until we are confident the supplies will be coming.

It's still early stages and still apparently on track for the over 80s by month end and 400k per week by end of Feb.

Also sounds like they aren't using the mass sites yet which will greatly increase the numbers being done.

Priority for Care Homes as well - someone made the point yesterday that that takes longer.

To have vaccinated 80% of care home residents and 55% of care staff is pretty good going. That should surely see care home deaths drop dramatically? 

Thought i might also "name the top Scottish Covid neighbourhood hotspots each day.  Quite suprising actually.
In 3rd Place down in the borders at 839 cases per 100K is Burnfoot   which looks like it is close to Hawick
In 2nd Place in Aberdeenshire at 913 cases per 100K is Cromar & Kildrummy    somewhere near Aboyne I think.
And todays 1st Prize goes to the Highlands !!  with Alness at a staggering 1151 cases per 100K
Stay tuned pop pickers.

Proper mask-nazi behaviour from the security guard in our Tesco express just there. Stalking c***s around the shop and telling them to get their mask on their nose, handing out masks to chancers etc

Fucking good work hen 🔪 

Edited by madwullie

42 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

There will be hundreds, if not thousands, of variants.

Nobody bothered labelling or highlighting them until the gov needed an excuse to u-turn on their Christmas idea.

And the rest of the world went along with the scheme to bail out the tories? 

3 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Proper mask-nazi behaviour from the security guard in our Tesco express just there. Stalking c***s around the shop and telling them to get their mask on their nose, handing out masks to chancers etc

Fucking good work hen 🔪 

You should try Netflix mate...