Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, SoapMactavish said:

Just to address the whole” lOnG cOvId iS a HoAx” on here.

There is categorically a post-covid syndrome of some sort, particularly in regard to people still having chest issues like breathlessness, chest pain etc a long way down the line from the actual acute infection. 

I am seeing on a daily basis significant numbers of patients attending with these symptoms 8,9 or even 10 months after getting infected intially. Some are bad enough to need admitted through ED. 

Call it long covid or whatever you want but it does exist and is not the same as post viral fatigue. 

How would this compare to the ratio of people still suffering similar complications following being hospitalised with a severe bout of flu or, perhaps more significantly, pneumonia?

Would you expect that a vaccine which, at the very least prevents severe covid, to significantly reduce the number of people experiencing this?

I still don't see the issue with questioning the SG if they appear to be falling behind a target they have already revised twice. I'm sure whatever excuse they give will be lapped up by the legion of simps on here though.
If they can't achieve 25k just now, then it's not realistic to be achieving 30/35k next week to make up the difference.
I'd also argue that, given the amount of disruption caused by the restrictions put in place for covid, it absolutely should be a sprint.

They can and should achieve that next week as resources currently concentrated in care homes are opened up, and AZ lands with more and more GP practices.

Journalists should be questioning the inevitable ~15k numbers and extracting that sort of explanation from Nicola Sturgeon though, no doubt about it. Rather than just sitting glumly and asking the same questions about takeaway coffees or criminals walking in parks.

Just to address the whole” lOnG cOvId iS a HoAx” on here.
There is categorically a post-covid syndrome of some sort, particularly in regard to people still having chest issues like breathlessness, chest pain etc a long way down the line from the actual acute infection. 

I am seeing on a daily basis significant numbers of patients attending with these symptoms 8,9 or even 10 months after getting infected intially. Some are bad enough to need admitted through ED. 

Call it long covid or whatever you want but it does exist and is not the same as post viral fatigue. 
Claims for PIP/DLA are going to go through the roof!

3 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

Rumours abound that construction is going to be shut down. I think it's unlikely, just wondering if anyone has heard similar?

Translation: can I go home now please?

I have heard that also over the last week .ridiculous non essential construction still operating. 

19 hours ago, 101 said:

Bizarre. I wonder if it's supply or staff availability that has made them weekend only.

Thats how my local practice in Perth always does the flu vaccinations 

They on those Saturdays don't take any other bookings and open up on a Sunday as well

its then like a production line and very fast (according to my Dad, im I've never been)

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

We're all going to be in level 4 until the beginning of March at least. There's little chance I suggest of restrictions easing at all in the next 6 weeks or so.

At that point, I think you'll see some areas being allowed an easing. Probably more rural areas of the country....the islands, Highlands, D&G, The Borders etc. But for those in urban areas, it would surprise me to see level 4 restrictions last until April. 

Is it really going to take 4 months to vaccinate the elderly/vulnerable? As that’s the only “real” reason they could justify the majority of local authorities still being in Tier 4. If it does take 4 months to vaccinated the groups most at risk then that’s a  fcking abomination that needs addressed by NS

11 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I'm a plumber and we are only aloud too work in peoples houses for essential works ...burst pipes ,heating breakdowns etc .

There’s tons of non-essential work being carried out by tradespeople.  As always it will be the less scrupulous that will be ignoring the rules.

2 hours ago, super_carson said:

It's also worrying just how easily people are accepting these restrictions now, as if we've been conditioned that it's all for the greater good, when we should be questioning why governments still haven't developed a proper, balanced strategy yet. It sets a dangerous precednet for the next major crisis.

That’s the most worrying part for me, just how easy the majority of folk are accepting the rules (and the constant changing of them) without question. You could honestly tell these people the sky was going to be changing to green to help save the nhs and they’d believe you. A nation of bed wetters