Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Ive been saying this for weeks about the fucked plans for vaccination and roll out but dismissed by the snp can do no wrong brigade. 

Those large vaccination centres in England could have taken months to organise. Small pieces of Information leaked out about those a while ago but never really heard much about Scotland’s plans until recently.. Time will tell but get the feeling Scotland could be a bit behind other countries in getting this rolled out 

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I wouldn't use the word "tinky" myself, preferring the more inclusive term "scum". Even though I do not see it as problematic, I know how some of the chaps on here do like a wee diversity campaign..

Off topic, but it's not a diversity campaign. Tink and its derivatives are ethnic slurs, same as many others that I won't repeat, that we've now rightfully binned. The traveller community still seem to be fair game for discrimination when we're making progress everywhere else.

Growing up in the Highlands, it was a really common playground term for anyone looking scruffy or who came from a poorer family and woe betide you if your family were connected to one of the traveller clans up here too. But, it was wrong then and it's wrong now.

Sorry about that, but as a bleeding heart liberal social justice warrior, just wanted to get that out there.

There is a queue at both Grieggs and Subway in Troon today almost exclusively made up of Maws, Paws and Weans coming off the beaches after walking. Unsurprising given it's a glorious day and schools are not "in" (a hell of a lot if kids clearly not schooling) but you can see the point about non delivery takeaway.

Will be annoyed as one of the few times I leave the house just now is to nip to the subway or Baynes near my house for lunch on a Friday. When you see things like this it’s no wonder they’re having to implement restrictions here.

4 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Off topic, but it's not a diversity campaign. Tink and its derivatives are ethnic slurs, same as many others that I won't repeat, that we've now rightfully binned. The traveller community still seem to be fair game for discrimination when we're making progress everywhere else.

Growing up in the Highlands, it was a really common playground term for anyone looking scruffy or who came from a poorer family and woe betide you if your family were connected to one of the traveller clans up here too. But, it was wrong then and it's wrong now.

Sorry about that, but as a bleeding heart liberal social justice warrior, just wanted to get that out there.

I agree with everything you say, and being a Jailender must make it personal for you too. :shutup

Will be annoyed as one of the few times I leave the house just now is to nip to the subway or Baynes near my house for lunch on a Friday. When you see things like this it’s no wonder they’re having to implement restrictions here.
The queues are not that unusual as it's 2 in 2 out or something like that. They snake along the fairly narrow pavement so you can see the issue. I was genuinely surprised at the number of school age kids out and about as if it was a Sunday. Mostly with a parent (s) not with their mates.

Facebook maw on hamilton news stand who argued last spring that masks were a restriction of liberty and the govt's plan to turn us all into biddable drones, and commented that she would be using her "asthma" to ensure she wouldn't have one, had the absolute cheek to come on last week and moan about how someone had tutted at her in morrisons, and how it was disgraceful given she was exempt. What a fucking boot. 

29 minutes ago, renton said:

Am I right in thinking that the AZ vaccine only became available yesterday?

Here yes, AFAIK. Wife got hers yesterday and was a bit worried it would be that one and not Pfizer. She got Pfizer 

Am I right in thinking that the AZ vaccine only became available yesterday?

Mostly. A handful of GP practices received them last week, probably not accounting for more than 1000 or so vaccinations in total. However the SG claim is now that each health board has taken delivery and so the pace should be vastly increased from this point forward.

There was little more that could be done up until yesterday, with AZ at least. We saw GP practices literally queueing round the block in London while there were barely any AZ doses in Scotland.

But the excuses are now finished. We have enough supply in the country. 12k in a day is not enough, I hope it’s either because health boards are still organising themselves or didn’t have full appointments set up based on a slew of broken promises last week.

560k first doses promised by end of January/very early Feb, as per Freeman yesterday. We’ll call that Monday Feb 1st. 176k done as of the start of play, Tuesday 12th. Including today and weekends that means we’d need an average of 19,200 per day. Removing weekends (I’ve no idea what weekend service is being offered), about 27.5k per day.

I think that’s very achievable, but clearly it needs to get faster. I’m anticipating 35-40k a day by the end of the month as care homes are complete and resources can be diverted, so we might look like missing it and make it up at the end.

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
19 minutes ago, madwullie said:
Here yes, AFAIK. Wife got hers yesterday and was a bit worried it would be that one and not Pfizer. She got Pfizer 

Why was she concerned at receiving the AZ vaccine if you don't mind me asking.

I think it was the 70% rate. But I might be wrong. 

Edited by madwullie

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

They need a delivery system that's sustainable for many months, pulling staff off other patient centred duties to go mad jagging for a week while other appointments and procedures are cancelled, then to shut it down for a fortnight would be insane.

Erm the above description is exactly how GP practices will be delivering the vaccine? 

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

When they get the over 80s and housebound out of way it should be easier to ramp it up to conveyer belt stuff.

This will make a very big differences. The time involved in GP's/nurses visiting bed bound people or care homes where residents are spread out, will probably equate to a greater amount of able bodied being able to queue at a practice or vaccination centre. Numbers should jump up quite significantly I'd imagine.

7 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Erm the above description is exactly how GP practices will be delivering the vaccine? 

Up here they're planning it much the same as they did the flu, set aside days for it full time, but more of them, the number depending on supplies. 

3 hours ago, super_carson said:

Absolutely this.  I don't get why more isn't being made of this seeing as we were told ever since March that a vaccine would herald the return of some sort of normality.  Once these were announced as effective, and then approved the narrative has changed.   We have diminishing targets for this month, issues with supply and government advisers saying that a vaccine won't necessarily be the remedy we were all hoping for.  It seems to me (and again, forgive my tinfoil hat-wearing here) that governments (both SG and WM) are not comfortable with the responsibility being on them to deliver the vaccine efficiently and are shifting the onus (and therefore blame) on to the wider population.  

On a wider point than just the vaccine - this has been the modus operandi of the Cúntservatives throughout this entire mess. The vast, vast majority of the population have complied with what they've been asked to do throughout - even the rules which sometimes seem illogical or even counterintuitive. Meanwhile, the likes of Jenrick, Cummings, Seely, Ellwood, Johnson (repeatedly) totally ignore the rules which they find inconvenient, while Hancock, Williamson and the rest of the cabinet blame their own failings on "Covid, innit?". This virus is fast becoming the UK's 9/1 when it comes to justifying oppressing the population.  When it goes breasts skyward, of course, they wheel out fúcking Hancock the sock puppet to explain it's all becuse we haven't "followed guidance". Note the language - from the start , we needed rules and laws, not fucking guidance. This approach allows these absolute cúnts to blame us for their incompetence - and by fúck, aren't they doing just that, aided by compliant media outlets. I am getting angrier by the day.