Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Home deliveries, coffee shops, drive throughs and click and collect were still allowed in March I think.

Walk in coffee shops weren't open. Most, if not all, drive throughs were shut too although i think that was voluntary.

Of all of the above it's only really walk in takeaways I have an issue with, particularly if they putting facilities in place for people to sit outside.

Need a stronger line from govt/ councils on that. If there is f**k all to do but you are allowed to leave the house and get a coffee I don't blame people for doing so.

I'm trying to limit my supermarket trips to once a week despite the fact that a trip to Tesco is about a big a thrill as I can imagine right now.

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

To continue the point I was stumbling to make, part of making political decisions during this pandemic is to make sure that the economy keeps moving to some extent. 

I'm absolutely certain that if Nicola Sturgeon listened 100% to the scientists then every single business and workplace would close for 4 months, we would all board ourselves into our houses, and we would be fed soup through our letterboxes once a day by the army in chemical weapons gear. 

But obviously she can't do that. So the inevitable consequence is that a certain amount of people will have to continue to go to work, and that a certain number of services will be allowed to remain open. It's all a balance. 

I don't know about your parent's personal circumstances, but the company they work for should have a good idea after 10 months of how to protect their employees, and they should be enacting it to the letter.

They are enacting it to the letter.  The letter doesn't require masks, and for my mum  just 'ach it'll be alright'. My mum is employed by the council at a day care centre, they told her we have a new ventilation system. Opening the windows, that's their new system.  It can't possibly be safe, you can't cut someone's hair just now so how can it be safe to do her job?  

Just now, Futureboy said:

That's entirely down to your old man's employer and hee haw to do with NS, in the same way that it's your old man's employers responsibility to implement every other piece of H&S legislation. 

You're not understanding, they are implementing to the letter every piece of legislation. Masks are not mandatory in legislation Scotgov passed. Its entirely down to NS, she can make it so, and has decided not to.

Guest bernardblack

“Don’t sit on benches”

I can’t believe I’ve just heard that from Boris on the radio there.

Can fly in and out the country without any testing but a bench is going to turn the tide.

I still can’t believe how badly this has been handled.

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

You're not understanding, they are implementing to the letter every piece of legislation. Masks are not mandatory in legislation Scotgov passed. Its entirely down to NS, she can make it so, and has decided not to.

Given that cuntface the Tory clown is going to make the wearing of masks mandatory...everywhere...south of the border, it's impossible to imagine that we won't do the same here. 

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Given that cuntface the Tory clown is going to make the wearing of masks mandatory...everywhere...south of the border, it's impossible to imagine that we won't do the same here. 

I hope so, I can't understand why that hasn't been done already. Other countries did it in March, here we are ten months later still debating it.

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

It's down to the employer to conduct a risk assessment and put in place suitable control measures. That is not the government's responsibility, in exactly the same way that the government don't mandate the use of safety glasses or other PPE.

“Don’t sit on benches”

I can’t believe I’ve just heard that from Boris on the radio there.

Can fly in and out the country without any testing but a bench is going to turn the tide.

I still can’t believe how badly this has been handled.

Consider that Johnson is a lazy, dishonest, unprincipled arsehole and you’ll understand more easily

1 minute ago, Futureboy said:

It's down to the employer to conduct a risk assessment and put in place suitable control measures. That is not the government's responsibility, in exactly the same way that the government don't mandate the use of safety glasses or other PPE.

Its down to government to set the parameters of what is actually safe.

This is an entirely separate issue to safety glasses and hilarious to link it to such.  Does the govt in a normal situation demand you cover your face when going into Tesco under threat of fine if you don't? No. Could govt make an identical demand of people in facotries?  Yes of course they could.  Have they? No.  

6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Poorly ventilated vaccination centres

I once nearly got locked in here after jumping in to use the toilet before I caught the train home. Came back out and they were closing up the place for the night.

10 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I hope so, I can't understand why that hasn't been done already. Other countries did it in March, here we are ten months later still debating it.

1 minute ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

i'm not wearing a mask whilst walking down a pavement with no c**t near me, get tae f**k

There's your answer.

19 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

They're mandatory inside shops, factories are no different except you spend ten times as long there with ten times as many people. Masks are not mandatory on factory floors, where my dad has to spend 80% of his time to do his job.

They've contacted HSE and been told they are not in breach of regulations. Well the regulations are clearly wrong then aren't they, and that's NS's responsibility.

Except they are not the same as shops they control who can go in. I would assume your dad's employer is more than confident that 2m distancing can be maintained at all times otherwise masks would be mandatory under the legislation. It's his workplaces interpretation that you have issue with rather than the legislation.

If it's such an issue speak to his colleagues, speak to the union and threaten action.

6 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Its down to government to set the parameters of what is actually safe.

This is an entirely separate issue to safety glasses and hilarious to link it to such.  Does the govt in a normal situation demand you cover your face when going into Tesco under threat of fine if you don't? No. Could govt make an identical demand of people in facotries?  Yes of course they could.  Have they? No.  

I'll bow down to your superior knowledge of legislation and re-evaluate my past 20 years of a career as a health and safety advisor. 

Look up goal setting legislation v prescriptive legislation. 

Just now, bernardblack said:

Genuine question, why not?

why not put a sticky plaster on a gunshot wound then? it makes no fucking difference if i'm out walking on my jack jones. I don't enjoy wearing one, I can put up with it for the time required to get in and out of supermarkets etc but f**k right off , something as simple as going for a bit of fresh air and you need to put those awfull things over your nose and motuh.

I won't be doing it

f**k off

Except they are not the same as shops they control who can go in. I would assume your dad's employer is more than confident that 2m distancing can be maintained at all times otherwise masks would be mandatory under the legislation. It's his workplaces interpretation that you have issue with rather than the legislation.
If it's such an issue speak to his colleagues, speak to the union and threaten action.
Precisely. What's been mandated by Scotgov is that employers make the workplace covid secure, pretty sure they are required to demonstrate this to the regulator and most employers are being pushed to make their covid RA public. Deliberately open ended though as all employers and work settings are different. The havent been prescriptive about very much throughout this. If an employee feels that the measures taken by the employer are inadequate, then they should absolutely report the employer and action would be taken by the HSE.

Then theres also raising mask wearing as a safety suggestion... Or just choosing to wear a mask.