Coronavirus (COVID-19)

21 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Just spotted this on BBC site. It seems to suggest excess deaths since March are all accounted for by Covid. Any thoughts?
IMG_3499.jpg

I think it’s safe to say excess deaths in the last year can only really be explained by Covid as the singular major factor.  I don’t think until all the data is collected fully that it can be split into different categories (I.e respiratory disease death, possibly Covid,   Anything caused by delayed treatment or increase in other factors (mental heath).    

The fact that excess deaths is similar to the Covid mentioned in death certificates suggests that any increase in deaths from other factors are balanced by any deaths with Covid mentioned that may have occurred anyway.

Edited by parsforlife

24 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Just spotted this on BBC site. It seems to suggest excess deaths since March are all accounted for by Covid or at least suspected Covid. Any thoughts?
IMG_3499.thumb.jpg.134b89a30b130e3066316ffa5aff90e2.jpg

That's pretty stark reading between 5/7000 deaths from this. It's an easily consumable fact but 7000 grieving families and friends is much harder to comprehend. And what a shit time it is be be grieving a loved one, hopefully brighter days are round the corner.

That's pretty stark reading between 5/7000 deaths from this. It's an easily consumable fact but 7000 grieving families and friends is much harder to comprehend. And what a shit time it is be be grieving a loved one, hopefully brighter days are round the corner.
It's the equivalent of an extra 6-7 weeks of a "normal" amount of deaths for the year - adding around 12.5% to the total. Haven't checked the Scottish figures too far back, but would be pretty confident that would be the worst year ever recorded.

BBC have a story up full of pensioners saying they can't be arsed to drive half an hour to get the vaccine.

Just need to make it clear to anyone who does this that they won’t have another opportunity to get the vaccine

37 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

BBC have a story up full of pensioners saying they can't be arsed to drive half an hour to get the vaccine.

I swear between that and the story about one doc reporting that a patient wanted the "English" one, that the editor of the website is some Anti Vax moron

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

You were discussing the new variant on the 14th Dec.

The Highlands, The Borders and some other regions were not Level 4 on that date.

The governments were aware of the new variant and it's contagious nature as The Cock made it public that they were aware, but still wanted to push ahead with saving Christmas regardless.

Read his post properly. That’s what he’s saying. He’s pulling virginton up for claiming we were put in level 4 before the new variant was known about. 

31 minutes ago, 101 said:

I swear between that and the story about one doc reporting that a patient wanted the "English" one, that the editor of the website is some Anti Vax moron

The story about the "outraged nurse" who caught Covid after getting the vaccin as well.

It's disgraceful.

27 minutes ago, 101 said:

There was another sensationalist one as well about nurses who had had their first dose and got coronavirus. 

Very little said within about the time needed to build up immunity and it also left out the key detail - none of the nurses concerned became seriously ill. 

I'm becoming pretty annoyed with these articles. All they're going to do is encourage refusals. 

I wouldn't be as arsed about clickbait if it was a commercial site like The Sun or Daily Mail who make their money from clicks/ad revenue, but a publicly funded broadcaster pushing this nonsense is ridiculous. 

Looking forward to all of the "it is disgracefully busy with people going to the same place I was going!" posts today.