Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No where near enough police officers to fulfill that function in Scotland. There also isnt border control infrastructure on main routes let alone at Coldstream etc.

The border at Coldstream is a bridge over the Tweed so you could block that.

I was on a scout camp in Coldstream years ago and us mini-McGlashans walked over the bridge, pissed on England, and walked back again.

6 hours ago, Juanhourjoe said:

I'm not saying people set up right on the border checking every vehicle. But putting it into law I would assume keeps the numbers low. And a couple of traffic cops can take a drive along border roads throughout the day. And stop any car they see on a quiet road. Nice big fine as well if you don't have a good reason to be out. I don't see why any trains should be running either.

The polis have had little or no interest at the A1 border

The 'real' lockdown from March reduced the transmission rate to about 0.6-0.7. It's hard to see how this one with about 17 million extra justifications for non-essential interaction will get close to that, so simply keeping the rates level is about all you can expect until the vaccinations kick in. 

And yet, not even a month ago, you were complaining that the SG were putting the Highlands into Level 4.

Just now, Wee Bully said:

And yet, not even a month ago, you were complaining that the SG we’re putting the Highlands into Level 4.

You mean before the new variant was outlined and before the SG itself finally accepted that their beloved schools policy would end in complete and utter failure? Yep, a stunning win for the government over its critics!

1 minute ago, virginton said:

You mean before the new variant was outlined and before the SG itself finally accepted that their beloved schools policy would end in complete and utter failure? Yep, a stunning win for the government over its critics!

Now you're just making stuff up. They put the whole mainland into level 4 before the new variant was known about, with parts of the south east already over 1000/100,000?

The new variant was given as the one of the reasons given for doing it!

You just didn’t care, as it didn’t fit your edgy narrative.

Now you're just making stuff up. They put the whole mainland into level 4 before the new variant was known about, with parts of the south east already over 1000/100,000?
Not true I'm afraid. The new variant was specifically mentioned in the nearly week long notice given of putting the country into tier 4.

Not true I'm afraid. The new variant was specifically mentioned in the nearly week long notice given of putting the country into tier 4.

So, you’re agreeing that the new variant was known before we put the highlands into Level 4?

Literally, what is the point of your post?