Coronavirus (COVID-19)

12 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

I'm not saying people set up right on the border checking every vehicle. But putting it into law I would assume keeps the numbers low. And a couple of traffic cops can take a drive along border roads throughout the day. And stop any car they see on a quiet road. Nice big fine as well if you don't have a good reason to be out. I don't see why any trains should be running either.

Aye, that'll work.

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Some Israelis getting second dose already

Although they are not supplying at all/ or properly the Palestinians, no surprises

I'm not saying people set up right on the border checking every vehicle. But putting it into law I would assume keeps the numbers low. And a couple of traffic cops can take a drive along border roads throughout the day. And stop any car they see on a quiet road. Nice big fine as well if you don't have a good reason to be out. I don't see why any trains should be running either.
Who exactly are we trying to stop crossing the border. Freight is essential and bar essential reasons I can't think there is too much cross border traffic right now. Where would folk be going with everything tourism related basically closed as well as non essential retail. Don't think too many Londoners are heading up for a weekend in Edinburgh right now !

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
25 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Who exactly are we trying to stop crossing the border. Freight is essential and bar essential reasons I can't think there is too much cross border traffic right now. Where would folk be going with everything tourism related basically closed as well as non essential retail. Don't think too many Londoners are heading up for a weekend in Edinburgh right now !

I know. Just saying that's how it should have been all year. Imagine how life would be right now if that was the case. People could still be visiting people on the fly. That's only not a problem, if there's no spread where they are, and where they're going.

And obviously we nobody was trying to stop goods coming in.

Just now, johnnydun said:

Can't believe this thread has more replies in 1 year, than 6 1/2 years of the eventful All Things Dundee thread.

This thread is about staying your distance from people who it’s best to steer clear of whereas... oh, wait, fair point.

On 08/01/2021 at 22:48, HibsFan said:

This is a good way of judging compliance and especially so as a cyclist*. First lockdown was a dream with almost zero cars on the road, November was business as usual and this current one is more like November than March for sure.

*My daily bit of exercise, but yes I suppose there's an element of hypocrisy in me going out on the roads and bemoaning everyone else being out in their cars. :lol:

Wee update on this, been for a cycle today through a couple of (usually fairly quiet) parks in London and they were both pretty fucking busy. 1497237009_JackCross.png.4626b9c795f9990b0a49d0e77ab62f2c.png

Wasn't exactly Oxford Street Christmas shopping numbers, but definitely the sort of levels you'd expect in the summer on a fairly nice day.

Starting to understand why they called it the Great Plague of London now. :lol:

Of course, this really comes down to the fact that - despite the English government calling it a lockdown - they've let any c**t who owns a business declare their workers are essential if they fancy it. As such, lots more people are going into work than the March-May lockdown last year, which in turn means more kids are still going into schools because the parents fancy some phree childcare. Then all the families go for a nice big walk in the crowded parks on the weekend when they actually have some time off.

It's really simple, tighten up on what counts as an essential worker and people will have fewer reasons to be out driving, commuting etc. Then you can 'crack down' on the people who are actually flouting the rules like Hancock's been threatening this morning. As of now, why should anyone be punished for not following lockdown rules when employers all over England are getting away with it on an industrial basis?

ETA: ignore the caption as I don't agree with it*, but the photo taken is just a case in point about the differences of this 'lockdown' and last spring's. Get these fucking places closed man they are not in any way essential. 

cnRDn_zg.thumb.jpg.8285dc0c522a9d44642acaa958df567d.jpg

*However, if you're ever needing to find a good pub in London that charges under £5 for a pint then that's the account for you. 758541550_JackSloshed.png.d3e711d7a5a5b3f033fa373db2ced824.png

Spoiler

"Vicky Park". Jose.png.5a11fb49e4350bd177777ebe04049f95.png

Edited by HibsFan

Can't believe this thread has more replies in 1 year, than 6 1/2 years of the eventful All Things Dundee thread.
Covid has inflicted pain and misery on pretty much all of society.

Dundee have only inflicted pain and misery on Dundee fans.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Do you think the resource is available or that it would be legal to stop all traffic and other transport?

Wales stopped all non essential border crossing while not quite in lockdown. That's not the same as cutting it off completely but i guess Scotland could do similar and it would be easier to enforce on a shorter border. 

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Wales stopped all non essential border crossing while not quite in lockdown. That's not the same as cutting it off completely but i guess Scotland could do similar and it would be easier to enforce on a shorter border. 

Is there any evidence that this declaration was effectively enforced? There's clearly none to show that is has helped them contain the pandemic, as they've been absolutely riddled with it for months.

5 minutes ago, coprolite said:

That was a rip roaring, soar away success. I wonder if it was just the same as SG advice without much practical implementation.

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Is there any evidence that this declaration was effectively enforced? There's clearly none to show that is has helped them contain the pandemic, as they've been absolutely riddled with it for months.

Nothing apart from a few photo opportunities for Twitter, as far as I could tell.

Turns out the only thing a bunch of part-time Welsh volunteers can successfully keep out is Angelo Alessio's Kilmarnock.

1 minute ago, HibsFan said:

Nothing apart from a few photo opportunities for Twitter, as far as I could tell.

Turns out the only thing a bunch of part-time Welsh volunteers can successfully keep out is Angelo Alessio's Kilmarnock.

Harsh but fair.

31 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Wee update on this, been for a cycle today through a couple of (usually fairly quiet) parks in London and they were both pretty fucking busy. 1497237009_JackCross.png.4626b9c795f9990b0a49d0e77ab62f2c.png

Wasn't exactly Oxford Street Christmas shopping numbers, but definitely the sort of levels you'd expect in the summer on a fairly nice day.

Starting to understand why they called it the Great Plague of London now. :lol:

Of course, this really comes down to the fact that - despite the English government calling it a lockdown - they've let any c**t who owns a business declare their workers are essential if they fancy it. As such, lots more people are going into work than the March-May lockdown last year, which in turn means more kids are still going into schools because the parents fancy some phree childcare. Then all the families go for a nice big walk in the crowded parks on the weekend when they actually have some time off.

It's really simple, tighten up on what counts as an essential worker and people will have fewer reasons to be out driving, commuting etc. Then you can 'crack down' on the people who are actually flouting the rules like Hancock's been threatening this morning. As of now, why should anyone be punished for not following lockdown rules when employers all over England are getting away with it on an industrial basis?

ETA: ignore the caption as I don't agree with it*, but the photo taken is just a case in point about the differences of this 'lockdown' and last spring's. Get these fucking places closed man they are not in any way essential. 

cnRDn_zg.thumb.jpg.8285dc0c522a9d44642acaa958df567d.jpg

*However, if you're ever needing to find a good pub in London that charges under £5 for a pint then that's the account for you. 758541550_JackSloshed.png.d3e711d7a5a5b3f033fa373db2ced824.png

Reveal hidden contents

"Vicky Park". Jose.png.5a11fb49e4350bd177777ebe04049f95.png

Person in park complaining about other people being in park.