Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Don't the people complaining understand that it's Iain Livingston who runs the police and the FM can't direct what approach he takes.
ETA just watched the video shoving a polis man out your house doesn't seem like the best idea and both the maw and the polis should have taken a deep breath and calmed down. It's hard to tell what does on in the rammy, I assume they are trying to arrest one of them and the daughter gets caught up in it which is sad.
Never underestimate a vandetta against the FM by crazy Union Jack twitter.

It looks like a set up by the wummin anyway, I've saw people on twitter who have found her on social media and she's got the usual anti mask and anti vax rhetoric on her pages.

35 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Anyone else seen the videos on twitter of the cops arresting 3 folk in a house in Aberdeen for COVID breaches?

Most of the reports seem to say that a neighbour philpyed them for having too many folk in the house, while they claim they were celebrating the return from hospital of one of their kids. Either way, it has elicited the predictable responses of "Sturgeon has turned Scotland into a police state" and "Police Scotland, more like the Gestapo, amirite?".

Woman if the land?

Tazer to the pie

Just now, MP_MFC said:

Never underestimate a vandetta against the FM by crazy Union Jack twitter.

It looks like a set up by the wummin anyway, I've saw people on twitter who have found her on social media and she's got the usual anti mask and anti vax rhetoric on her pages.

In Scotland people seem to completely misunderstand her role, I'm not sure if it's deliberately or not as of course when the Met make an arse of some their chief is in the firing line and never the PM. However that may be down to one being a woman and the other being a populist right wingers.

I think the police have over stepped the mark however she and her husband should have probably closed the door so the kids aren't in the same room. I could easily believe that it's some kind of set up why not go to the press once you have been through the complaints procedure? Makes no sense.

45 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

In my hours stroll to work today, my fault for living near top of a hill with a car that is pants in snow.  Anyway I digress.

I walked a lot to work during spring lockdown and the roads were empty.  This time though they are packed.  Where are all these people going? I presume a good few of them whose work closed last time but are now playing loose with what constitutes a key worker to keep going.

Incidentally the amount of white van man cash in hand types doing the rounds is incredible.   

Don't pay taxes, boast about their income,now can't get furloughed due to lack of records.  Never mind, we will work on regardless spreading disease as we go.

Twats.  

Sorrry Jesus...,

I will brake your heart....

43 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Pfizer saying their vaccine is confirmed as effective against the UK and S African mutated strains

The media won't like that

They've been dangling the possibility the south african strain resistant

50 minutes ago, 101 said:

Don't the people complaining understand that it's Iain Livingston who runs the police and the FM can't direct what approach he takes.

ETA just watched the video shoving a polis man out your house doesn't seem like the best idea and both the maw and the polis should have taken a deep breath and calmed down. It's hard to tell what does on in the rammy, I assume they are trying to arrest one of them and the daughter gets caught up in it which is sad.

The parents should obviously be thinking about the children, however when they don’t that then passes on to the Police. Could certainly have been dealt with differently than wrestling with parents in front of their children. Trauma informed policing! 

Guest bernardblack
Anyone else seen the videos on twitter of the cops arresting 3 folk in a house in Aberdeen for COVID breaches?
Most of the reports seem to say that a neighbour philpyed them for having too many folk in the house, while they claim they were celebrating the return from hospital of one of their kids. Either way, it has elicited the predictable responses of "Sturgeon has turned Scotland into a police state" and "Police Scotland, more like the Gestapo, amirite?".

I was sure that the police couldn’t enter a house if there was a report that there was a party/too many people?

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

Seems to be gaining a bit more publicity today, but this got lost in among the Trump / America stuff yesterday.

Tend to think there will be more good news on this front in the coming months (J&J vaccine for instance)

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Pfizer saying their vaccine is confirmed as effective against the UK and S African mutated strains

Just like that!

The media won't like that
They've been dangling the possibility the south african strain resistant
They've moved on to some nurse being infected by it about 3 weeks after getting the jag and she doesn't understand how this can be. BBC making a tabloid like big deal out of it despite it, yknow, not being a 100% protection vaccine.

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Which video's that?

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

In my hours stroll to work today, my fault for living near top of a hill with a car that is pants in snow.  Anyway I digress.

I walked a lot to work during spring lockdown and the roads were empty.  This time though they are packed.  Where are all these people going? I presume a good few of them whose work closed last time but are now playing loose with what constitutes a key worker to keep going.

Incidentally the amount of white van man cash in hand types doing the rounds is incredible.   

Don't pay taxes, boast about their income,now can't get furloughed due to lack of records.  Never mind, we will work on regardless spreading disease as we go.

Twats.  

This time around construction sector (for example) is still open. The wording on the SG website doesn’t talk about key workers only being allowed to work. Going to work is noted as a reasonable excuse to be out and about. That’s a key difference.

Just now, Rugster said:

The morons who only want THE BIG BRITISH VACCINE WATP GSTQ will be in some nick if they've decided to pass on the Pfizer and the AZ one isn't resistant. 

Real monarchists are waiting for the German one.

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

This time around construction sector (for example) is still open. The wording on the SG website doesn’t talk about key workers only being allowed to work. Going to work is noted as a reasonable excuse to be out and about. That’s a key difference.

ROI shutting construction down with limited exceptions. Expect to see similar here. 

Under the new restrictions announced on Wednesday, construction will be closed with effect from 6pm on Friday next January 8th except for the construction or development of:

- essential health and related projects including those relevant to preventing, limiting, minimising or slowing the spread of Covid-19

- A limited number of social housing projects, including voids, designated as essential sites by local authorities based on set criteria (projects due to be completed in the next six to eight weeks)

- housing adaptation grants where the homeowner is agreeable to adaptions being undertaken in their home

- repair, maintenance and construction of critical transport and utility infrastructure

- education facilities sites designated as essential by Department of Education

- supply and delivery of essential or emergency maintenance and repair services to businesses and places of residence (including electrical, gas, plumbing, glazing and roofing services) on an emergency call-out basis

- certain large construction projects in the exporting/FDI sector based on set criteria.

- In relation to private homes that are practically complete and scheduled for habitation by 31 January 2021, including where snagging, and essential remediation work, such as pyrite works is nearing completion, works should continue to enable homeowners access their homes.

- Heating, water, broadband and electricity installation should also continue to enable homes be occupied.

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

Probably delivering supplies to work from homers and the shielded, keeping them safe. Clap for white van man!