Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Give up, he’s the most miserable c**t in the history of the website. One of these people who thrives on being miserable so searches out the misery in each situation and clings onto it. I feel really sorry for anyone who actually has to spend time with him in real life, it must be incredibly draining.
You contribute nothing but insults and windups and you're telling me I'm a bad person for speaking the truth.
As said there's no point getting involved in denial.

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

You contribute nothing but insults and windups and you're telling me I'm a bad person for speaking the truth.

'The truth' is just your negative outlook. If it helps you get through this fine but you seem insistent on pushing it on others and claiming they're in denial.

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Saying that the entirety of 2021 and start of 2022 is a write off isn't speaking the truth though. Its just a very pessimistic opinion.

Obviously fair enough if that's how you feel but don't act as if its some sort of hard truth that only you are brave enough to speak up about.

Saying that the entirety of 2021 and start of 2022 is a write off isn't speaking the truth though. Its just a very pessimistic opinion.
Obviously fair enough if that's how you feel but don't act as if its some sort of hard truth that only you are brave enough to speak up about.
Uks scientific adviser said as much.
Its not going to switch back like a light. It will take months for vaccinations and the summer will be better but its a write off in terms of mass gatherings or foreign holidays. How else can it not be?
To say we will be back to normal by the summer is fucking insanity.

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Its not going to switch back like a light. It will take months for vaccinations and the summer will be better but its a write off in terms of mass gatherings or foreign holidays. How else can it not be?

He said little to no restrictions in Summer and maybe some in winter.

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

And to say everything will still be fucked next spring, 16 months after vaccinations start, isn’t insanity...

2021 is not a write off just like this wasn't over as public health crisis last summer. 

We're caught in the middle of a perfect storm right now. 

There is added strain on the NHS during any winter but this winter we have a new strain of Covid-19 to contend with and, right now a cold snap and icy conditions which is placing extra strain on A&E Departments. 

It's shite at the moment. I probably feel worse now than I did last March/April. I thought, as we all probably did, we wouldn't be living under similar restrictions to last spring. It feels like we are back to square one. 

But we aren't. 

There is a better understanding of the virus and how to treat it. There are vaccines being rolled out, albeit anecdotal evidence suggests it's not all plain sailing in that regard. 

The route out of this won't be as a quick as we'd would all like it to be but there is a way out. 

I've always found January and February to be pretty rotten months anyway but I'm hopeful that when we get through what is shaping up as an especially tough winter  we will start to see things gradually improve. 

27 minutes ago, bendan said:

Where did you get this 'info' from, Renton? 

I have had in the past reason to use WeChat. It's a fucking Baw ache.

Edited by renton

I doubt we'll have full crowds for the Euros, no.
That's not writing off 2021. Enjoy your "truth"
Eh?
But thats my original point. Bairnardo and others are going mental saying that everything must and should be fine within weeks and I said that this year won't be back to normal.
Now you said the euros won't be normal and that my truth was something I didn't say.
No point in taking this any further.

7 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Nobody is saying that 'its going to switch back like a light' or that 'we will be back to normal by summer'. I certainly haven't so I don't know why you're throwing things like that back at me as if you've really got me there. At this point you're just making up other people's opinions so that you can argue against them rather than actually engaging with what is actually being said. Which makes the whole thing a little bit pointless.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Eh?
But thats my original point. Bairnardo and others are going mental saying that everything must and should be fine within weeks and I said that this year won't be back to normal.
Now you said the euros won't be normal and that my truth was something I didn't say.

So when you said “2021 is a write off” you meant there wouldn’t be capacity crowds at Hampden?

I think, like any sensible person would, that those quoting you have assumed by “write off” you meant more than that.

So when you said “2021 is a write off” you meant there wouldn’t be capacity crowds at Hampden?
I think, like any sensible person would, that those quoting you have assumed by “write off” you meant more than that.
No just write of in terms of 'old normal' way. Not armageddon ffs.
[emoji38]

7 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Eh?

Is there anyone, anywhere, saying things "should be fine within weeks"? 

Still not having full capacity crowds at football matches/live events wouldn't mean that 2021 was, as you said, "a write off". Not returning to a pre Covid normality wouldn't mean that 2021 was a "write off" either. 

7 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

There are vaccines being rolled out, albeit anecdotal evidence suggests it's not all plain sailing in that regard. 

England's second biggest city saying they've had no Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccines delivered yet and their stock of Pfizer will run out tomorrow, with no information on further supplies as yet. I know the Scottish Gov has said they don't expect to get the bulk of the AZ vaccine that's due this month until nearer the end of the month, but this just shows the gap between what is ordered, promised, supplied and the expectations of the public about how quickly we should be doing the vaccinations.

9 minutes ago, renton said:

I have had in the past reason to use WeChat. It's a fucking Baw ache.

But that would only give you experience of signing up for Wechat - which is a pain for new users nowadays but helps protect their already established and lucrative user base from spammers. The vast majority of users did not go through that registration process.

Where did you get all the stuff about people shopping each other and this being the main way of surveillance?