Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Who was that French guy on YouTube that used to do weird pranks? I mind of one where they assembled a crowd to cheer and celebrate passing cyclists like they were winning the Tour de France.

Remi Gaillard.

Bollocks to Clap for Yersel Night and bollocks to Annemarie Plas.

8 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Who was that French guy on YouTube that used to do weird pranks? I mind of one where they assembled a crowd to cheer and celebrate passing cyclists like they were winning the Tour de France.

Know who you mean. He also hired loads of people to highjack a local football match, filling the stands and setting flares off etc. Was quite funny.

4 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Those numbers so at least suggest that treatment is more effective now, with a smaller proportion of those in hospital ending up in ICU.

Yes I think that is the case. I used to work in critical care and that's certainly the view of those I know still working there. They're still very busy and of course having to run Covid and Non-Covid critical care units.

The staff in these units have all had their first vaccine. I can't comment for elsewhere in Scotland.

11 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Think I’ll phone a takeaway for an 8 o’clock delivery. Give the driver a bit of a morale boost. 

I'm gonna start having sex with my wife at 19:50 with the window open

7 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

I thought the latest vaccination numbers were out on Wednesdays? Haven't seen them today.

Covid in Scotland: Deaths up by 68 as 33,000 more people get vaccine

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55563548

Edited by superbigal

6 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

I thought the latest vaccination numbers were out on Wednesdays? Haven't seen them today.

Along with all the other weekly stats, it's out tomorrow instead, just for this week only I think.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Well that’s primed me ready for some absolute seethe.

September for no restrictions is realistic though.

As much as it is undesireable, by the time we get into summer we'd be in Tier 1, which is infinitely better than what we have now.

Assuming all goes to plan, if we are sitting in the beer garden in July, knowing that the remaining restrictions are going to be lifted in a matter of weeks, then I doubt many will be seething.

The news etc atm is shite and depressing, but unlike last March, there is actually an end in sight to the whole thing, and a viable vaccine to get us there.

2 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Huge failure but as folk say Hancock and Johnson will be forced to go outside and do it. 

They could combine it with taking a knee and get everybody annoyed.

Just look at that ratio (1.9k comments- largely abuse- versus just over 400 likes).

Safe to say that the saintly Anne Marie's latest profile-enchancing wheeze has gone down like a heavily weighted bag of drowned kittens with the public.

clapfor.png

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

Clap for Carers is great if you stay seated in the house on the Xbox and imagine they’re applauding your Dark Souls abilities
I tried to time it so I was putting some rubbish in the bin bang on 8pm.

Our collection day has since changed to a Thursday, so I'll time if to pull the bins back in mid applause.