Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, renton said:

The thing is, you'd imagine that the vastly reduced social contacts folk have had this year, along side masks and everything else should probably have been reducing flu transmission.

Part of the question, if flu deaths shoot down, will it soon be a requirement to wear face coverings in the winter post covid to protect the vulnerable

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

Witty wittering on tonight about a requirment for measures NEXT (and every) winter even with the vaccines.

GTF !

Thats what has me worried. Before covid a face mask was never to be seen, outside of chinese students. Now I can see this is going to be a winter requirement sooner or later

6 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

So fucking what if it is? It's a piece of fucking cloth, add it to your tammy and scarf at the fitba and you'll be even toastier in the middle of February as you watch your team concede another goal.

Correct

If that's the only long lasting restriction from all this, then that's something I'm sure we all could cope with

2 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

It's the one place we were quite good at boycotting once

We could send out Gooch, Boycott and the rest of the rebels who did the SA mercenary tour, and not let them back.

25 minutes ago, Binos said:

I got lambasted on another thread for saying southern Ireland

Lazy racism apparently

Was news to me

Make a late new year resolution to ignore these type of w@nks.  It will help make you a better person.

16 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Witty wittering on tonight about a requirment for measures NEXT (and every) winter even with the vaccines.

GTF !

Was it in response to a question like "can you rule it out?" or did he just come out with it?

12 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

So fucking what if it is? It's a piece of fucking cloth, add it to your tammy and scarf at the fitba and you'll be even toastier in the middle of February as you watch your team concede another goal.

As they don't actually work, then there would have to be additional measures like distancing in place.

So no, not "so fucking what"

f**k off! It’s my choice to wear a tammy or a scarf . So long as im not bollock naked in public it’s no one elses fuckin concern
I’ll put up with it since were in the middle of a pandemic but all these things should be your choice unless there is a dire need to do so.
I’m not buying this new normal pish. Every single person old enough to understand what’s going on right now will remember how things were less than a year ago.
This is a free democracy. Restrictions on peoples lives are for emergencies only. If it’s not an emergency get them right tae f**k!

f**k off! It’s my choice to wear a tammy or a scarf . So long as im not bollock naked in public it’s no one elses fuckin concern
I’ll put up with it since were in the middle of a pandemic but all these things should be your choice unless there is a dire need to do so.
I’m not buying this new normal pish. Every single person old enough to understand what’s going on right now will remember how things were less than a year ago.
This is a free democracy. Restrictions on peoples lives are for emergencies only. If it’s not an emergency get them right tae f**k!
Wearing a piece of cloth isnae a restriction.

If shops, sporting venues or pubs decide they want to require you to wear one as a condition of entry then you can like it or lump it, there are already plenty of requirements for entry into most places that people comply with, if this is another one then so be it.

1 minute ago, MP_MFC said:

Wearing a piece of cloth isnae a restriction.

If shops, sporting venues or pubs decide they want to require you to wear one as a condition of entry then you can like it or lump it, there are already plenty of requirements for entry into most places that people comply with, if this is another one then so be it.

Of course it is.

Being required by law  to wear a mask is quite clearly a restriction. I don't see how that can be up for debate. 

If people want to keep wearing them then they should be free to do so. Once people vulnerable groups are vaccinated, I don't see the need for continuing to mandate them.