Coronavirus (COVID-19)

This isn't actually a March-style lockdown, the list of acceptable reasons to leave the house is about a mile long in Scotland and that clown is even keeping garden centres open as noted above. The big change is that after five months their policy on schools has finally entered the realm of reality, though deferring instruction rather than remote learning is the better solution.

I don't think we are done with these announcements though and there'll be something extra coming down the chute before the month's out.

Edited by vikingTON

49 minutes ago, Binos said:

Until you reach the under 30's

Why

Least likely to die, bearing in mind you have already taken every with underlying health conditions the chances of someone healthy under 30 being hospitalised or dying from Covid must be extremely small

Just now, virginton said:

This isn't actually a March-style lockdown, the list of acceptable reasons to leave the house is about a mile long in Scotland and that clown is even keeping garden centres open as noted above. The big change is that after five months their policy on schools has finally entered the team of reality, though deferring instruction rather than remote learning is the better solution.

I don't think we are done with these announcements though and there'll be something extra coming down the chute before the month's out.

It's got to be diddy football. I doubt NS has seen the Scottish Cup fixtures some how.

7 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The Garden Centre lobby are the real power behind the throne in the UK.

They are untouchable.

I get the reasoning if it's for Trade but surely Betty 96 can't just wander down? 

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

The Garden Centre lobby are the real power behind the throne in the UK.

They are untouchable.

They will see people being stuck at home as an opportunity to make money. I'm in a timber merchants, and when we opened in may, decking and fencing materials were like gold dust by the end of the month and further on. And with all the sites still open (for now) the money will still roll in, so in the bosses eyes, we will remain open. If we go back on furlough we'll be fucked financially. I did have a bit of a weep earlier after finding out that the wife's furlough isn't getting extended, but after a few calls and a wee chat I'm a bit better. Keep the head up guys and girls, and hopefully there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. That's if they don't close that as well...😁

I agree, the vaccine isn't some silver bullet.
Have said all along testing is very important as well.
Imagine being able to test 20-30million a week or everyone in and out the country.
China went bonkers with the testing. Did millions overnight because of a few hundred cases.
It works and can ease restrictions faster.
Not a silver bullet if you want a zero covid world maybe. Most definitely a silver bullet for returning peoples lives to how they were before and treating covid as barely different to the flu.

Just now, 101 said:

Least likely to die, bearing in mind you have already taken every with underlying health conditions the chances of someone healthy under 30 being hospitalised or dying from Covid must be extremely small

Government to under 30s - stay in the house indefinitely because of the Covid risk!

Government to under 30s - follow the rules because Long Covid!!!!!1111!!!!!! threatens you as well!

Summer of 2021

Government to under 30s - can't believe you bought that bullshit, there's no risk to you, go f**k yourselves for a vaccine

I can't really imagine the optics of that playing at all well. If anyone in society wants vaccination then they should get one ASAP.

10 minutes ago, virginton said:

Government to under 30s - stay in the house indefinitely because of the Covid risk!

Government to under 30s - follow the rules because Long Covid!!!!!1111!!!!!! threatens you as well!

Summer of 2021

Government to under 30s - can't believe you bought that bullshit, there's no risk to you, go f**k yourselves for a vaccine

I can't really imagine the optics of that playing at all well. If anyone in society wants vaccination then they should get one ASAP.

I'm pretty sure the messaging to younger people like myself was the risk is low but there are still risks to your health but most importantly we can pass it on to the elderly/ infirm once that risk has gone, because they are vaccinated, then I assume, but will be surprised, they let us off the leash.

Edited by 101
too many ifs

Not sure whether to post this in here or the Guitarist thread. Apparently conspiracy theorists are posting a circuit diagram for the 5G chip that's going to be in the covid vaccine (obviously) but its actually for the Boss Metal Zone distortion pedal...

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/conspiracy-theorists-share-schematic-for-5g-chip-they-claim-is-implanted-in-covid-19-vaccines-only-its-actually-for-the-boss-metal-zone

Schools may act as 'vectors for transmission'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-55527195

The prime minister says he "completely understands the inconvenience and distress" the disruption to education will cause parents and pupils.

But he says the government has been doing "everything in our power to keep schools open” because of the importance of education to children’s life chances.

"The problem is not that schools are unsafe for children," he says, adding that children are still very unlikely to be severely affected even by the new variant of Covid.

But he says schools may act as "vectors for transmission", causing the virus to spread between households.

Took you fucking long enough to work that out you floppy haired jobbie.

Edited by RiG

15 minutes ago, virginton said:

This isn't actually a March-style lockdown, the list of acceptable reasons to leave the house is about a mile long in Scotland and that clown is even keeping garden centres open as noted above. The big change is that after five months their policy on schools has finally entered the realm of reality, though deferring instruction rather than remote learning is the better solution.

Can see them banning the sale of alcohol tbh