Coronavirus (COVID-19)

It is pretty mental that we are a year down the line and basically back to square one. The obvious difference is thw vaccine but that doesnt look like it will be getting done as quickly as intially promised
As promised by who?

The SG said they expected to have the priority list done by Spring and they've just confirmed if supplies come as expected then it will be done by early May.

Did Sturgeon not just say they expect to have access to 900,000 doses by the end of January, including the 100k already vaccinated.
Yes so pretty much what the harbingers of doom were saying wouldn't happen. Again she did add the caveats around supply but that's a given for everyone.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

She said it was much more like it.

Apart from specific types of businesses and non-essential retail then it looks like other businesses can continue as normal.  That’s a million miles different from the March - June lockdown.

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

NHS workers and care home workers so far. I know a few people in those sectors who have received the first dose.

Should they not have been giving them to the people that were actually likely to die, ie octogenarians and shielding population

Guest bernardblack
Cheers. 
They didn't really explain that. 

Aye it wasn’t very clear but I’m sure she dropped on that you shouldn’t leave your region.

59 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I keep tabs on their Facebook page every once in a while. Last time I checked I had 7 Facebook Friends who were members, all mums I've known since school or previous workplaces.

I realise what I'm going to say is anecdotal evidence, and thus folk can choose whether to ignore it or not, but 6 of them regularly post about how unfair it is that they're not able to have nights out / lunches / go shopping with their 'girlies'.

Loads and loads of teachers are parents. It would be interesting to see how many teachers are members of that bunch of idiots

Edited by madwullie

1 minute ago, bernardblack said:

They need to start actually fining people for house parties etc now. People will just continue to take the piss otherwise

Instead of doing the weekly clap for carers, I would execute a group of rule breakers on TV, maybe one per council region.

3 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

They need to start actually fining people for house parties etc now. People will just continue to take the piss otherwise

Substitute jailing for fining and I’d agree.

ETA @harry94’s idea is better.

Edited by Granny Danger

1 minute ago, madwullie said:

Loads and loads of teachers are parents. It would be interesting to see how many teachers are members of that bunch of idiots

I've worked in three schools since qualifying and probably about 200+ of my Facebook friends are school staff at all levels from my current and previous schools. Not one is a member of that page.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Are non league teams going to continue traversing the country in pursuit of the Scottish Cup?

I suspect the Highland League will call it a day, think they've had nearly as many games postponed due to covid as the weather, and they always said bcd wasn't sustainable.