Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

NHS care facility in Larbert currently into the teens for staff and patient cases, with case #1 being a wife who had a house party on NYD. Minter.

A party on Boxing Day too apparently. They arent waiting for symptoms, they test regularly there so will pick it up sooner than relying on folk getting themselves booked for a test

3 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I'm a parent, and if as thought this strain is more transmissible amongst kids, then I think they should stay closed. 

The wife is working all of the next fortnight so it'll be sleeves up as I try to help teach a p1 and a p4. Not exactly looking forward to it, but the noises coming out of their school is its going to be far more teacher led and far less "busy work" than we experienced in March (which was a binfire imo). 

I genuinely don't know any parents amongst their friends that wants them to go back. That doesn't mean they don't exist of course, nor that those thinking like me are in the majority

I’m also a parent. I would be okay with the schools and their various clubs staying open. I think it helps kids (and adults) to have routine in their lives.

I am fed up do skulking around trying to avoid this virus. The sooner the powers that be get everyone vaccinated the better but I don’t want to lock myself and my family away until then. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

A party on Boxing Day too apparently. They arent waiting for symptoms, they test regularly there so will pick it up sooner than relying on folk getting themselves booked for a test

Are you not at risk of getting struck off for that, seems to be to be a blatant disregard of patient safety

11 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Oh FFS. Like I say, nothing gets you lot going more than Brewdog 😀😂

A plan on who, where and how should have been in place long before the vaccine was approved. Seemingly being in negotiations with an outfit who made their offer after the vaccine was approved is indicative of poor forward planning (in my opinion)

"Arrogant wee nippy refuses help of much loved brewer shocker!"

6 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Aye but did they give you a free ticket for the panto?

Sadly, they did not, but that was just a flu jag. I’ll be wanting more of a bribe to take the microchip-laced COVID vaccine. Probably want panto tickets for all the family for that one. I look forward to being reprogrammed and regular updates to fix my bugs. It’ll make me a more well rounded citizen.

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Sadly, they did not, but that was just a flu jag. I’ll be wanting more of a bribe to take the microchip-laced COVID vaccine. Probably want panto tickets for all the family for that one. I look forward to being reprogrammed and regular updates to fix my bugs. It’ll make me a more well rounded citizen.

Bill Gates playing Windows Twanky.

20 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Oh FFS. Like I say, nothing gets you lot going more than Brewdog 😀😂

A plan on who, where and how should have been in place long before the vaccine was approved. Seemingly being in negotiations with an outfit who made their offer after the vaccine was approved is indicative of poor forward planning (in my opinion)

The point is, taking up an offer for additional help does not mean that there isn’t already a plan in place or that it hasn’t been thought about. Us not knowing the details or the plan, does not mean that it doesn’t exist. 

Edited by Jambomo

Should be requisitioning football stadiums, cinemas and theatres for use as vaccine centres, shitloads of seats for folk to sit on whilst waiting. I'd be well up for getting my jag from a milfy nurse inside a white tent in the centre circle at Hampden.