Coronavirus (COVID-19)

27 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

You would be far better concentrating on your second theory relating to the non-existence of climate change Todd. 

Backing two embarrassing losers is not a clever look. 

What point are you making here?

2 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Basically, you have been pissing against the wind on both climate change and Covid for nearly a year, and making an enormous tit of yourself. 

Take next year off please

Have I? I think you've made that bit up.

Rather random outburst in response to a rather inoffensive post. Hope you are ok *** 😘

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

So they could laud them as a "British Miracle" that they were able to chuck them up in about half an hour.

2 hours ago, virginton said:

Can't possibly have expected the government to know how many qualified healthcare workers it had before firing money at spare building capacity way back in March, right enough.

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

PR stunt / "Doing Something"

They can be staffed. However that requires the cancelling of all but emergency care. Cancelling breast screening programs to provide Radiographers for example.

We had staff volunteered and ready to go during the first wave. Its supposed to be on a week standby to receive covid patients so if that point comes (which I hope it doesn’t) then we’ll find out about it I’m sure. 

We seem to be grimly continuing with frivoulous scheduled care until the bitter end, so thats a laugh. 

44 minutes ago, SoapMactavish said:

They can be staffed. However that requires the cancelling of all but emergency care. Cancelling breast screening programs to provide Radiographers for example.

We had staff volunteered and ready to go during the first wave. Its supposed to be on a week standby to receive covid patients so if that point comes (which I hope it doesn’t) then we’ll find out about it I’m sure. 

We seem to be grimly continuing with frivoulous scheduled care until the bitter end, so thats a laugh. 

I had a non covid procedure today, so it they're stopping them I've been lucky to get in, plus, they're not close to using those staff for the LJ yet. 

They seem to have decomissioned the ones down south though so not sure what their plan is, but the LJ is staying up "just in case" for the foreseeable, as told to me but a worker at the LJ mid December. 

13 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Lost my sense of taste and smell last night. Nose feels bunged up so I booked a test. Just back from it there. I take it its normal for them to leave you to it and to swab yourself? 

At the Prestwick drive through one you’re asked if you want to do it yourself or have someone do it for you. If there’s kids under 12 getting tested they must go to self test and have someone in the car do it for them. Sometimes if the two assisted lanes are busy they’ll ask if you’re ok doing the test yourself. 

*I've never had the test done but I do work there 

This is in total and doesn't break it down by underlying condition / no underlying condition, but given the numbers in England, I'd not be at all surprised if the number in Scotland was well under 100
Screenshot_20201229-203205_Opera.thumb.jpg.0759253439be925c5ad2260206759718.jpg
40 deaths in Scotland for people 15-45 years old from covid since the start of the pandemic

Around 50 deaths every week for same age group for other causes.

Quite interesting stats here.
https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/covid19stats