Coronavirus (COVID-19)

58 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

So-called essential shops mobbed again today - first time I'd been in them since 23 December (just for a few basics) - almost as busy.

A lot seemed to be stocking up on booze and party food - make of that what you will.

What sort of party food?

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Tbh saying that everyone buying party food and booze is having a party is an opinion that belongs to someone who is "thick as pigshit" if anything there will be more parties this year as folk have a knees up in their house with the people they live with rather than going round other folks gaffs

"I'm going to walk around my local supermarket looking in everyone's baskets so I can convince myself they're having big parties and I am morally superior, and anyone who makes fun of this is thick as pigshit." What a man 

5 minutes ago, Andrew Driver said:

Should the shops be selling 'party' food while people are dying?  

I maintain it was tremendously insensitive of Mars selling 'Celebrations' this Christmas.    They could have easily rebranded to 'Commiserations' or just kept it off the shelves till the vaccine is fully rolled out.  

Party food/funeral purvey, what's the difference? As you say, a bit of rebranding and they could still flog it.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

That's not what I said though.

I remarked that they were stocking up on booze and party food.

That it was like some were feeding 10,000.

Or are you too fucking stupid to understand that?

I have never seen a supermarket with the quantities for party nibbles to feed 10,000 but I'll ride your bus.

So these people feeding 10,000 let's assume you are allowing for 5 bits of party food each, that seems reasonable. Looking at a standard issue trolley I don't think you could get more than 1000 packs of duck spring rolls (packs of 10) so you are telling me whilst you were going round the shops you some someone with 5 trolleys of party food and at least a trolley of drink and think that I'm the one that's thick as shit.

Why not chill the f**k out and mind your own business it makes for a much happier life.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The reason I hadn't been to the shops wasn't because I was being morally superior but because I've been looking after my wife after her breast cancer operation on Christmas Eve.

Now fucking do one.

No one mentioned the reason you hadn't been in the shops since Christmas, they mentioned the assumptions you've made as you were in the shops today. Sorry about your wife's illness, but if you don't want to be challenged or made fun of don't post, don't just start chucking punches at people when they do so. I don't think I will "fucking do one" sorry 😐

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

I have never seen a supermarket with the quantities for party nibbles to feed 10,000 but I'll ride your bus.

So these people feeding 10,000 let's assume you are allowing for 5 bits of party food each, that seems reasonable. Looking at a standard issue trolley I don't think you could get more than 1000 packs of duck spring rolls (packs of 10) so you are telling me whilst you were going round the shops you some someone with 5 trolleys of party food and at least a trolley of drink and think that I'm the one that's thick as shit.

Why not chill the f**k out and mind your own business it makes for a much happier life.

Last time I fed 10,000 I found 4 fish and 10 loaves did the trick, no point in overdoing it.

18 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

That's not what I said though.

I remarked that they were stocking up on booze and party food.

That it was like some were feeding 10,000.

Or are you too fucking stupid to understand that?

Must have been some fucking size of shop and a hell of a lot of stock available if multiple people were buying enough to feed 10,000

9 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Northern Irish data shows reductions in infection rate among over 80s since the start of vaccination programme.  

English data similar

That will be mostly care homes and people in hospital I think.

Edited by welshbairn

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Last time I fed 10,000 I found 4 fish and 10 loaves did the trick, no point in overdoing it.

Happy belated birthday m9. Bugger off @101

Edited by Perkin Flump
Always someone beating you to it.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I need to take a break from this thread.

Just way too angry and thin-skinned at the moment to deal with any of this.

Apologies to anyone I've blasted at or offended.

Have a good new year when it comes.

Understandable to be fair given the situation you are dealing with.