Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Not directing this at anyone here, we all have our thoughts. This thread has left me fucking baffled of late though. I probably give P&B a bit too much credit for being a cross section of society but seeing some of the stuff posted and knowing that the govt enjoy huge support on this, I just cant get it.

I'm bordering on actually contacting my MP, which iv long considered a moon howler option. Theres two key dates coming up. One is 3 weeks from yesterday, and the other is whenever AZ is approved. The AZ one in particular needs to see a marked shift in scotgov rhetoric for me otherwise am going on a seething campaign, for whatever that is worth. It will be cathartic for me anyway.
There's no way p&b is a good cross section of society - not even close.
Remember at all times a vast proportion of the electorate are stupid.   See Brexit, see electing Donald Trump in America etc etc
Keep fighting the good fight and don't let idiocy win.
Are your seriously suggesting that p&b is a forum of sense and wisdom compared to the wider public? That's a bold claim.

I know of 3 people who've become symptomatic/tested positive since Christmas day. That doesn't include the folk they spent Christmas with. 

I'll be stunned if there's not a significant spike even after one day of mixing. 

Edited by Louis Litt

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Today's figures for England are absolutely horrendous.

There'll be a backlog from Christmas working its way through. And of course a bump in around four days' time as well,which will surely have the whole of England binned into Tier 4. 

Scotland numbers weren't actually too bad, although the number of tests was lower than usual meaning over 12% were positive. 

No phone call after my test yesterday am before hospital app tomorrow, which seemingly means I'm negative. Thank f**k, although it was unlikely, I was genuinely worried about my dad having been here for Christmas, so that's a relief. 

I know of 3 people who've become symptomatic/tested positive since Christmas day. That doesn't include the folk they spent Christmas with. 
I'll be stunned if there's not a significant spike even after one day of mixing. 

1 day of Christmas vs almost 100 days of kids mixing in schools without distancing. I’m not too worried.
I think we’ll come put of this lockdown, probably at the end of January & if schools do blended learning, with under 200 cases a day
Can any resident bookies give me a price on that?

Today's figures for England are absolutely horrendous.

Mind they’re not people who caught it yesterday but who got it up to a fortnight ago. They really have to keep schools off now otherwise wee English hating jimmy cranky was quite right shutting the border and would need to keep ot shuy for a while

See all this "philpy" someone pish? Just fucking bin it please. Just because I grassed someone once it doesn't need highlighted at every fucking opportunity.

PHILPY

​VERB INTRANSITIVE​ BRITISH​ INFORMAL

[fil-pay]

WORD FORMS

present tense
I/you/we/they philpy
he/she/it philpies

present participle philpying
past tense philpied
past participle philipied

DEFINITION

1 to tell someone in authority, especially the police, about something bad that someone else has done

philpy on: 

He was too loyal to philpy on his own brother.