Coronavirus (COVID-19)

On 21/12/2020 at 15:33, superbigal said:

Good Afternoon.  Overall cases per 100K  for 7 days   in period 12th Dec to 18th Dec the figure was 116.1    Taking a look 3 days further on before the reporting stops for holidays.  7 days 15th Dec to 21st Dec are now 124.2.  That is a fairly substantial rise of 6.98% in the last 3 days of figures.

Let us just take a look at the main councils who are driving us into national Tier 4 and ignore the unfortunate Tier 1 & 2 areas.

Aberdeen City Tier 3   166.6 to 179.3    Increase 7.62%     A horrible last fortnight in the city and still rising worse than national average.

Aberdeenshire Tier 3     112.6 to 121.4   Increase 7.81 %    As per the city.

City Of Edinburgh  Tier 3   125.0 to 132.6   Increase 6.08%     Like Aberdeen a terrible fortnight but rises now a little slower.

Clackmannanshire  Tier 3    147.5  to 130.0  Decrease  11.86%   Tiny council but any decrease is good.

Dundee City  Tier 3    118.5 to 141.3   Increase 19.24%  Horrible last 3 days particularly in Ardler again.

East Ayrshire  Tier 3   163.9 to 172.9    Increase 5.49%  Numbers in already high levels really should not be increasing. Looks like an outbreak in Earlston area at about 600 per 100K

East Dunbartonshire  Tier 3  91.1 to 101.3    Increase 11.19%   Woodhill West causing this sharp increase.

East Lothian   Tier 3   172.8 to 162.5   Decrease 5.96%   Quite right that an area that high should be reducing.

East Renfrewshire  Tier 3  136.1 to 147.6  Increase 8.45%   A little worrying after good work.

Fife Tier 3   112.7 to 115.6 Increase 2.57%  An interesting map. North and East and South West Fife virtually Covid free.  Most cases centralised in Glenrothes, Kennoway and Leven. All Rangers supporters ?

Glasgow City  Tier 3 143.9 to 153.1   Increase 6.39%  In line with national average. Maxwell Park seems to be badly affected. This area seems to have been a hotspot for a long time. Are the inhabitants pleasant ?

Midlothian  Tier 3    147.1 to 129.8   Decrease 11.76%  A rare oasis in the infection desert

North Ayrshire  Tier 3  205.6 to 193.7   Decrease 5.78%    Cesspit of scotland currently. Thankfully a small reduction

North Lanarkshire  Tier 3 132.4 to 136.2   Increase 2.87%   Good to see a lot of covid free areas.  Big Hostspot Dundyvan (Coatbridge I think) at about 700 per 100K

Perth & Kinross Tier 3    144.1 to 142.2 Decrease 1.32 % Dreadful fortnight hopefully now peaked.

Renfrewshire  Tier 3 127.3 to 150.2  Increase 20.32%    Oh dear slumping back again.

South Ayrshire  Tier 3  119.9 to 104.8  Decrease 12.59%  Very welcome drop 

South Lanarkshire  Tier 3  124.5 to 146.6  Increase 17.75%   A little freedom and the natives go virus spreading again

Stirling Tier 3   89.2 to 99.8  Increase 11.88%       Concerning. Where you would expect in Cornton & Raploch. Lovely areas.

West Dunbartonshire  Tier 3  125.9 to 141.7 Increase 12.55%  Horrible fortnight. Mostly Clydebank now.

West Lothian   Tier 3 99.4 to 101.0  Increase 1.61%   Stable 

Final notes.

Kicking off again in Gourock Inverclyde.  

Good Afternoon.  Overall cases per 100K  for 7 days   in period 12th Dec to 18th Dec the figure was 116.1    Taking a look 3 days further on before the reporting stops for holidays.  7 days 15th Dec to 21st Dec are now 124.2.  That is a fairly substantial rise of 6.98% in the last 3 days of figures.
Let us just take a look at the main councils who are driving us into national Tier 4 and ignore the unfortunate Tier 1 & 2 areas.
Aberdeen City Tier 3   166.6 to 179.3    Increase 7.62%     A horrible last fortnight in the city and still rising worse than national average.
City Of Edinburgh  Tier 3   125.0 to 132.6   Increase 6.08%     Like Aberdeen a terrible fortnight but rises now a little slower.
Clackmannanshire  Tier 3    147.5  to 130.0  Decrease  11.86%   Tiny council but any decrease is good.
Dundee City  Tier 3    118.5 to 141.3   Increase 19.24%  Horrible last 3 days particularly in Ardler again.
East Ayrshire  Tier 3   163.9 to 172.9    Increase 5.49%  Numbers in already high levels really should not be increasing. Looks like an outbreak in Earlston area at about 600 per 100K
East Dunbartonshire  Tier 3  91.1 to 101.3    Increase 11.19%   Woodhill West causing this sharp increase.
East Lothian   Tier 3   172.8 to 162.5   Decrease 5.96%   Quite right that an area that high should be reducing.
East Renfrewshire  Tier 3  136.1 to 147.6  Increase 8.45%   A little worrying after good work.
Fife Tier 3   112.7 to 115.6 Increase 2.57%  An interesting map. North and East and South West Fife virtually Covid free.  Most cases centralised in Glenrothes, Kennoway and Leven. All Rangers supporters ?
Glasgow City  Tier 3 143.9 to 153.1   Increase 6.39%  In line with national average. Maxwell Park seems to be badly affected. This area seems to have been a hotspot for a long time. Are the inhabitants pleasant ?
Midlothian  Tier 3    147.1 to 129.8   Decrease 11.76%  A rare oasis in the infection desert
North Ayrshire  Tier 3  205.6 to 193.7   Decrease 5.78%    Cesspit of scotland currently. Thankfully a small reduction
North Lanarkshire  Tier 3 132.4 to 136.2   Increase 2.87%   Good to see a lot of covid free areas.  Big Hostspot Dundyvan (Coatbridge I think) at about 700 per 100K
Perth & Kinross Tier 3    144.1 to 142.2 Decrease 1.32 % Dreadful fortnight hopefully now peaked.
Renfrewshire  Tier 3 127.3 to 150.2  Increase 20.32%    Oh dear slumping back again.
South Lanarkshire  Tier 3  124.5 to 146.6  Increase 17.75%   A little freedom and the natives go virus spreading again
Stirling Tier 3   89.2 to 99.8  Increase 11.88%       Concerning. Where you would expect in Cornton & Raploch. Lovely areas.
West Dunbartonshire  Tier 3  125.9 to 141.7 Increase 12.55%  Horrible fortnight. Mostly Clydebank now.
Final notes.

20 cases in Ardler & St Mary's in Dundee - is it Turriff House again?

Is there anyone here who's been ill with the covid?
My isolation finished last Friday, I was initially in bed with flu symptoms for 4 or 5 days which then lifted quickly.
The kicker though has been the fatigue. Every day waking up feeling absolutely knackered and like I could easily go back to sleep, and then going through waves of that through the day. It's starting to really get to me as I'm normally fit and healthy used to exercising, and having plenty of strength and energy.
It's absolutely kicked my arse!

31 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Get through the whole year without incident, then Christmas Eve arrives along with 2 messages from test and protect saying that 2 of my kids (ages 10 & 7) need to isolate until the 27th.

Fan-fucking-tastic.

Why 4 days? Seems a tad random

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Why 4 days? Seems a tad random

I don't know. The only time they are mixing with the same people is at the school breakfast club, so my guess is that a kid that was there on Monday or Tuesday this week has tested positive, having had symptoms since last Thursday. That's the only way that the timeline makes sense. And if that is the case, I'm fucking furious at that kids parents.

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

Timed from the date of contact, isn't it? It's now down to ten days as well. 

Not a great result for test and trace taking that amount of time, granted.

It's 10 days from the onset of symptoms of the person that tested positive, which also makes little sense to me.

Edited by die hard doonhamer

On 23/12/2020 at 13:56, Tynierose said:

I'm not sure if they have went with the approach of getting retired nurses etc to give the jabs, if not they should.  They sent emails around my place asking if anyone would go give jabs in care homes or treatment hubs paid at substantive wage level.   The uptake has been pretty low though as a lot of staff are just fucking knackered after this year and the thought of even more hours isn't appealing.  To be fair though to health boards they are spunking some money at it if they're willing to offer band 7's & 8's substantive pay to fire out what can be done by band 3's, so I think they are making the effort.  I just don't think they have the staff.

To be honest training someone to do a jag doesn't take more than a few minutes, and you can get round supervision issues with having a medic on site.  Maybe they should have approached members of the public to train.  After all Naloxone training consists of stabbing an orange and lasts about an hour, maybe think out the box here a wee bit as it's a public health crisis and get willing volunteers in to train.    The big issue again though is regulation and what goes wrong if an untrained member of staff gives a jab and full anaphylaxis kicks in.  A Patient Group Directive document most likely wouldn't cover non staff.   The joy of clinical governance and health and safety concerns would also need to be overcome.  So in essence there are issues but there are also solutions I feel.

Anyway over the the health boards...

If they deployed combat medics (1900 in the British Army)  and trained them to supervise other service personnel with doctors on site also for further safety you’d be able to staff at least 4/5 mass vaccination centres in Major cities no problem. 

54 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

My isolation finished last Friday, I was initially in bed with flu symptoms for 4 or 5 days which then lifted quickly.
The kicker though has been the fatigue. Every day waking up feeling absolutely knackered and like I could easily go back to sleep, and then going through waves of that through the day. It's starting to really get to me as I'm normally fit and healthy used to exercising, and having plenty of strength and energy.

Had it back at the beginning and exactly that it ruined me physically. I used to run at least 3 miles sometimes up to 6 about 3 or 4 times a week. After this thing it took me months to get back to it. 

Take it easy you will get through it.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I've spent most of the last 2 weeks with my back literally on the whiteboard to make sure I didn't get the virus - not because of Christmas but because my wife had to self-isolate for 7 days before her breast cancer op today.

Thankfully, she was clear for both Covid tests today and the op went ahead as scheduled. We can't thank Tayside Health Board enough for the swiftness of her treatment and care so far - she was only diagnosed with the tumour on 5 December.

Sorry to hear your wife's diagnosis but great to hear her care has progressed. All the very best to her and you. 

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Get through the whole year without incident, then Christmas Eve arrives along with 2 messages from test and protect saying that 2 of my kids (ages 10 & 7) need to isolate until the 27th.

Fan-fucking-tastic.

I’m in the same position. My mrs got her haircut in a salon the other day and the place seems to have been a hotbed for positive results. She needs to isolate until the end of next week. We were supposed to be cooking dinner tomorrow for her parents which is now fucked on late notice.

On a more positive note, I now don’t need to put trousers on now, don’t need to see family and have enough food and beve to last me until February. 

This is the first Christmas Eve where I've not been out to the pub since I was 16. It's my absolute favourite night of the year, this is one of the few times I've actually been sad about specific things not happening. 

I'm going to watch Dazed and Confused and Stop Making Sense and get absolutely pished to compensate. 

Edited by Detournement

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Fan-fucking-tastic.

Fairly similar situation with my friends and family. Not me personally but in the last 4 days my brother and his wife, my uncle and about 5 different pals are all either having to isolate due to contact or have actually tested positive, after only about a handful of folk i know getting it all year. It feels a bit like it's ramped up out of nowhere.

Edited by Fratelli

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
1 hour ago, superbigal said:
Final notes.

20 cases in Ardler & St Mary's in Dundee - is it Turriff House again?

The place next to it, bield

6 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Heard Nicola Sturgeon on the Radio saying Santa Claus got put up the front of the queue to get a vaccine?! emoji35.pngemoji35.png shocking if true.

He's over 80 and obese so he must have been near the head of the queue anyway.

3 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

My wife and I are both (reasonably) fit and no underlying conditions. Bit overweight but do about 50 Munros each year.

I had a wee cough and would wake up fine but would be knackered by about 6pm and in bed by 8pm.

She was bedbound and I had to walk her the 10 steps to bathroom in case she passed out, as she often did, from the exertion. She ended up in hospital for 3 days but wasn't put on ventilation. It was good though as she was too naseous and I was struggling to get 500 cals a day in her so getting on a drip did her fine.

I guess the underlying message is it's just your luck.

It's strange as we had a big outbreak at my work and  about13 people caught it.  Two ended up in hospital.  One kinda fat and in his 50's, the other a reasonably fit and healthy 32 year old woman.  The oldest person about 63 and fat only had a slight headache and lost his sense of taste and smell.  Another old with prostate cancer, which you think would count as a underlying conditon again only had minor symptoms.  Most the others I've spoken to said they felt a bit shit for a few days and that was really it.

My uncle on the other hand was ill, recovered and went back to work.  It was a few weeks later that he felt the fatigue.  Then he started to get bad leg pain, it got so bad he had to go into A&E.  They discovered a blood clot in his leg and this was about a month after getting it.