Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, Elric said:

And Police Scotland will continue with enforcement as last resort - that has been working well for them so far.

Officers will:

Engage: ask whether an individual is aware of the government request; establish individual circumstances and how quickly someone can comply

Explain: the risks to public health and to the NHS in line with government guidance

Encourage: voluntary compliance

Enforce: if faced with non-compliance and only as a last resort.

The local travel ban has been an absolute nonsense and has quite rightly been ignored.

They have made an absolute mess of this. We'll close schools but keep them open next week. We'll go into tier 4 but stay in the current tiers for a wee while. We'll still let you all have your Christmas day.  Running round in circles.

The modicum of respect I had for Nicola has gone. She is clearly not capable of thinking for herself. From the off she has copied Boris! Imagine mirroring everything that balloon does! Sadly up here, everyone will still vote for her in their droves. She’s had an absolute mare. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
8 minutes ago, Andrew Driver said:

She should have announced the border was shut last summer.   From now on it needs to be shut (including air travel)  till at least the spring.  

How do you shut the border between Scotland and England ?

I'll give you an example. My son lives in London. He recently, through no fault of his own, lost his job and his rented accomodation.

He's booked on a train to come back up to Scotland on Monday and spend Christmas with us. 

Are we going to cancel that because the government out of nowhere give 7 hours notice of not being able to travel, and make him stay in London where he has absolutely no place to live ?

Are we f*ck. He'll come up on the 12.00 on Monday from Kings Cross and the 'restrictions' can get tae f**k. He'll wear a mask the whole way, stay away from everybody, and be collected by car from the station when he arrives.

This isn't wartime. They can't destroy lives to protect a tiny amount of people who may/may not be harmed by this virus. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

The modicum of respect I had for Nicola has gone. She is clearly not capable of thinking for herself. From the off she has copied Boris! Imagine mirroring everything that balloon does! Sadly up here, everyone will still vote for her in their droves. She’s had an absolute mare. 
Lol pmsl at that one never got by respect before I realised you were at it. As if !!!

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Jason Leitch was having a laugh on Off the Ball today and gave no indication that the rules would change (not that I'd expect him to do so) but to carry on giving advice about the now dated set-up suggests he's nowhere near being in the loop.

Looks like The Guys have started a new WhatsApp group without him. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

How do you shut the border between Scotland and England ?

I'll give you an example. My son lives in London. He recently, through no fault of his own, lost his job and his rented accomodation.

He's booked on a train to come back up to Scotland on Monday and spend Christmas with us. 

Are we going to cancel that because the government out of nowhere give 7 hours notice of not being able to travel, and make him stay in London where he has absolutely no place to live ?

Are we f*ck. He'll come up on the 12.00 on Monday from Kings Cross and the 'restrictions' can get tae f**k. He'll wear a mask the whole way, stay away from everybody, and be collected by car from the station when he arrives.

This isn't wartime. They can't destroy lives to protect a tiny amount of people who may/may not be harmed by this virus. 

Your own fault for having a wean that wants to be in the Shire.

Hope he gets knocked back.

5 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

Christmas is essentially cancelled in the South East. Here everyone can have at least one household round their gaff. Some can have more. 

These things aren't a mirror image of each other? 🤷‍♂️