Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just about bang on with my messages/predictions.   She also did refer to that 13th November point in time.
How the feck can the Highlanders not get in to Level 0 is beyond me.   Still no household mixing in Mainland Tier 1 is also a strange one.
We're a dour bunch with no wish for any other c**t to step into our houses tbh.

4 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Just about bang on with my messages/predictions.   She also did refer to that 13th November point in time.

How the feck can the Highlanders not get in to Level 0 is beyond me.   Still no household mixing in Mainland Tier 1 is also a strange one.

I reckon nobody will get Level 0 until the vaccine is more widespread.

I reckon nobody will get Level 0 until the vaccine is more widespread.

Level 0 was explained to be the most normal we can get WITHOUT a vaccine. The SG can feck off if they think an “8 from 3 households” rule would be appropriate after vaccine rollout.

45 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Yeah local authorities aren't the best measure due to size of some. Argyll and Bute for example has a lot of cases recently but only really in the Helensburgh area. Would make no sense to close down other places for that. South Lanarkshire is similar where most of the cases are all up towards Glasgow in Hamilton and EK whereas the areas to the south are pretty free of it. 

Heh, try the English system(hah!) for size. We're in the East Riding, with most of our neighbours having four legs and a bacon factory in their future. Currently, we're in Tier 3, so no real difference to lockdown (Amazon delivering throughout, and Asda is still open). The City of York, though, is in Tier 2 and, apart from being invaded from unclean Tykes from all over the county at the weekend coz Xmas, innit?, has thrown up a nice wee anomaly which is exctiting the local villagers more than a ram stuck in a fence.

One of the pubs in the local village, it turns out, isn't actually in the local village after all. It falls under the City boundary for some reason - despite the village sign and the "welcome to the historic east riding" sign being a good fifty yards up the road. Oh, and the "City of York" sign being about four miles the other way. Much debate and online facebookery has ensued. I'm sure the licensee is completely unmoved by all the free publicity his overpriced alehouse is getting. (it's the type of place that serves "rustic beer-battered french-fried potatoes served on an artisanal brioche bun, accompanied by Himalayan rock salt and balsamic vinegar" rather than a chip butty, and charges you by the word).

ETA: Fúck, I've just given Hedgecutter enough info to track me down, haven't I? Let's hope his witchcraft is only effective north of the border..

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

21 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Think if we weren't getting a Xmas holiday from Covid coming up they might have moved Edinburgh to tier 2.

Even allowing for vastly more online and Amazon orders, we are now in a period of increased walk in retail. If places like Edinburgh can keep the curve flat over the next 4-5 weeks then we'll be doing well.

Edited by renton

1 hour ago, The Holiday Song said:

This isn’t a dig at you, but have seen this joke made a few times on Twitter and it’s not as clever as folk think it is. If there was some mental conspiracy then pretty sure the folk behind it would be smart enough to at least keep up the pretence the vaccination being to protect the vulnerable, and then move onto everyone else.

(there is no Bill Gates tracker style conspiracy, just to be clear!)

I get really angry when I read these conspiracy nutcases going on and on about the virus vaccine and completely ignoring the 5g towers.

29 minutes ago, superbigal said:

if Orkney & Shetland with their single figures and very limited outside travel ( as opposed to hundreds of roads in the middle of nowhere!) can't get in then nobody is getting it, or not until the national cases have dropped, they won't allow any place , even an island level 0 when there are hotspots elsewhere in the country

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Well from experience it's very difficult to for someone else to have a positive effect on your mental health if you are struggling and vice versa.

No, if you're looking after yourself you are selfish and unable to look out for others.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

Well from experience it's very difficult to for someone else to have a positive effect on your mental health if you are struggling and vice versa.

A bit of understanding and empathy isn't a big ask, though. And, likewise from personal experience, the smallest interaction can have a massive effect. You just never know until you take that step. It's almost as if every person and situation are different, and generalisations aren't necessarily helpful.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Are you a boomer by any chance?

I'm a human being. A boomer is Aussie slang for a large male kangaroo, often the dominant male in a group. Not known for their typing skills, access to internet or grasp of English. So probably not, no.

Plus, I don't have a pouch. Shame, really, they look fucking handy.