Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Do you think there will be a residual % that will continue to wear masks, have we had a cultural shift? I can't say I'm that bothered. If it was made law and a condition of a return to normal I wouldn't be bothered if I had to wear a mask in shops or until seated in a restaurant etc. Standing in a pub might be a grey area.

I think there will be people who continue wearing masks in crowded enclosed public spaces.  Not many but some will do.

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

Oxford/AZ will be approved both in the UK and in other countries around the world on the basis that the tried and tested 2-dose option offers 62% protection. You only need 50% to get approved.

They’ll need to do a full new phase 3 trial on the 1.5 dose option.

^^^Has just given vaccine guy his log in and let him post directly now.

SG clearly had to wait for their Us For Them masters to tell them what to do regarding school holidays. Once their latest 'petition' reached the corridors of power...decision made.

11 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Do you think there will be a residual % that will continue to wear masks, have we had a cultural shift? I can't say I'm that bothered. If it was made law and a condition of a return to normal I wouldn't be bothered if I had to wear a mask in shops or until seated in a restaurant etc. Standing in a pub might be a grey area.

I think it will be a very small number that continue to do it without being asked to.

As I understand it the windows are open in the classes which cuts down on transmission and there are social distancing measures in the corridors. 
Again people banging on about schools driving infections despite the SG report and the falling levels of infection in communities with schools open is impressive myopia. 
There are no social distancing measures in the corridors in my school. Yes there is a one way system (which some pupils ignore, then moan when you send them back the right way) and yes there are markers on the stairs, but the pupils are no more and a few centimetres apart rather than 2 metres.

There's also the issue of groups hanging about outside at break and lunchtime on bigger groups (many from different areas of town or outlying villages who don't necessarily mix when out of school), pupils queuing up outside classrooms or in the dinner hall/outside local shops etc. as well as the few numpties you'll always get who refuse to wear marks, wash hands, use sanitiser and keep a distance who you can avoid when out of school but might not be able to when you're in school.

I'm not one to advocate for closing the schools down or anything like that, but to say that schools are a safer environment and that the figures (which somehow manage to determine that a pupil caught Covid-19 from a social gathering rather than being in the same building as them 6 or so hours a day) support this is just wishful thinking at best and utter pish at worse.

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

30% for the Royal family.

A nation of bootlickers.

My favourite term for these type of folk is 'craven lickspittles'.

46 (FORTY-SIX) percent of people think those of BAME background (who are far more likely to die of this virus than a good ol' British whitey) should not be a priority over "the general public". 

We're not racist though.

Edited by The Moonster

14 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

46 (FORTY-SIX) percent of people think those of BAME background (who are far more likely to die of this virus than a good ol' British whitey) should not be a priority over "the general public". 

We're not racist though.

Are they still far more likely to die after vulnerable groups have been vaccinated?

47 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

It's actually 30%

What a place

Should've read the key first!

So basically 30% think the Royals are better than everyone else including themselves and 12% think they need as much protection as NHS frontline, folks who could literally save their life if they got the virus.

Must be sad to be in the mind of someone that subservient. 

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I reckon the likelihood of anyone dying comes down after a chunk of society is vaccinated. What's your point?

That once the vulnerable groups have been vaccinated then the risk will have evened out between BAME and white people so there is no need to prioritise anyone. 

Vaccinating all BAME peopie under 40 before getting round to any healthy white under 40s would be very strange. 

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

That's just nuts. So that's pretty much admitting that the only reason they're keeping them open isn't because they're safe but because they want to be seen to be giving a consistent message.

It's either that or admit that the real reason why they're keeping them open is fear of annoying the snippy parent brigade before May's election, which is absolutely the case.

Edited by vikingTON

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

That once the vulnerable groups have been vaccinated then the risk will have evened out between BAME and white people so there is no need to prioritise anyone. 

Vaccinating all BAME peopie under 40 before getting round to any healthy white under 40s would be very strange. 

Do you have any evidence for this claim?