Coronavirus (COVID-19)

13 hours ago, mizfit said:

Got told by someone last night that surgeons die on average younger than everyone else because of all the mask wearing they have due to there job, and we’re all going to be the same.

The person was a window cleaner.

Delicate question.  I watched a YouTube clip that suggested window cleaning was the preferred occupation for Jehovah Witness.

I am not religious and don't give a shit but it might provide context.

3 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Meals in P1,2 and 3 are not means tested. Everyone gets them. But potentially you could have parents who would be entitled if it was means tested who will miss out on the £100.

You can claim a means tested uniform Grant from P1 which is basically the same criteria for free lunches after P3 so that and schools knowledge of families should hopefully catch those parents.

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

So Aberdeen (88 per 100,000 this week) remains in level 2 and Edinburgh (72) remains in level 3.

Fucking great 

Worth keeping in mind it was SNP conference this weekend and Swinney and Sturgeon were on the Zoom karaoke til all hours.  No way they were meeting to make changes on the Monday.

35 minutes ago, RH33 said:

You can claim a means tested uniform Grant from P1 which is basically the same criteria for free lunches after P3 so that and schools knowledge of families should hopefully catch those parents.

But  that is not a criteria to make this payment. I suppose a council could choose to do so by using money from other council budgets.

Free school meals are available for all P1-3 pupils but we still have a record of who would qualify for FSM if that weren't the case. It's known for attainment/equity purposes and will, I assume, be what the grant is based on.

When they say it wont be be for P1-3 FSMs I think they mean that it's not for every P1-3 pupils' families as there are many who wouldn't qualify under a means test.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Worth keeping in mind it was SNP conference this weekend and Swinney and Sturgeon were on the Zoom karaoke til all hours.  No way they were meeting to make changes on the Monday.

I really, really want this to be the reason.

So even the yanks haven't yet approved it 🤔

Not for me this one.

ETA the lassie on the transistor was vague as Hell on its 'trials' and effectiveness.

ETA #2 next lassie says it's the technique that failed on SARS and Ebola , down to their outbreaks not being long enough. Ebolas been about since England couldn't get into World Cups.

Edited by Manifesto

I can see it now.

Hancock in a weeks time standing up during parliament to apologise as he’s tripped over a cable and accidentally switched off the freezer, ruining the entire supply.