Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, John MacLean said:

I actually thought back in late March, early April that things might change. That the pandemic would create greater empathy for each other and a much greater sense of community. I had hope that once we came through all this that there would be positive societal changes. 

I'm not embarrassed to say that I found the very first clap for carers quite moving. At the time people were pretty much staying at home. You almost felt (well I did) that when people came to their windows we were checking on each other. It sounds corny now, it probably did then as well, but that's how I felt at that moment.

It didn't take long for it to change though. Instead of this hastening positive societal changes it has served, for me at least, only to highlight the worst aspects of an incredibly selfish, me first, society that so profoundly depresses me at times. 

The extra £500 is nice though. 

The full lockdown in March/April didn't really provide enough time  to change attitudes in any meaningful way.  The 'Me-First'  society has been firmly established for a while now.  The panic buying in March and April was just sickening. 

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Falkirk being denied another rightful promotion. That's the hat trick now.

SNP w**k w**k w**k

Its getting a little tiersome now. If Falkirk continues with figures like it has, and isn't 'promoted' next week, folk will begin to get pissed off

7 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Sturgeon,

"And we hope that by the spring, a significant proportion of the people who are most vulnerable to Covid will have been vaccinated."

I think that's a million by the end of January 'oot the windae'

You realise she can't just start vaccinating people and needs to wait for it to be approved, aye? When she says "I hope" she means that's what she's hoping for. 

There's plenty to batter Sturgeon and the SNP with but I'm not sure "being hopeful of getting people vaccinated as soon as possible" is one of them.

6 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Its getting a little tiersome now. If Falkirk continues with figures like it has, and isn't 'promoted' next week, folk will begin to get pissed off

Possibly the greatest pun in the history of this goddamn website.

10 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Sturgeon,

"And we hope that by the spring, a significant proportion of the people who are most vulnerable to Covid will have been vaccinated."

I've no idea on the context of this statement, but I don't imagine we'd see any major easing of restrictions this side of April regardless of how many people have been vaccinated by the end of January (or February).

Probably wise to temper expectations.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Sturgeon,
Difficult to vaccinate people without a vaccine which is totally outwith their control. I'm sure no government will be procrastinating a day longer than is needed once it's available.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
11 minutes ago, Steven W said:
Sturgeon,

Difficult to vaccinate people without a vaccine which is totally outwith their control. I'm sure no government will be procrastinating a day longer than is needed once it's available.

Why did Freeman say what she said?

It was very strange. Its not in keeping with whole 'Cautious Approach'.