Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I thought that was dentists, they all kill themselves. Probably why Leitch chucked it.

Shockingly discoloured teeth for a dentist I've noticed. Maybe it was never the right job for him.

20201027_064031.png.7661235d5869a3c0d0de2a5cec368c0a.png

I'd move practice.

Just now, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Shockingly discoloured teeth for a dentist I've noticed. Maybe it was never the right job for him.

20201027_064031.png.7661235d5869a3c0d0de2a5cec368c0a.png

I'd move practice.

He's from Glenmavis near Airdrie I think, the heart of the Buckfast triangle, not sure how much he'd have drank though. I've only spoken to one person that knows him and he says he's alright. I reserve judgement, although I did notice a framed Red Sox shirt on his wall on one of his home broadcasts so I doubt we have much in common.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

He's from Glenmavis near Airdrie I think, the heart of the Buckfast triangle, not sure how much he'd have drank though. I've only spoken to one person that knows him and he says he's alright. I reserve judgement, although I did notice a framed Red Sox shirt on his wall on one of his home broadcasts so I doubt we have much in common.

A scumdrie and red sux fan? He really knows how to scrape the barrel with team choices. 

It's not credible to think this kind of coverage after 2008 is accidental.

Nope it's very deliberate but you won't see the same arguments made when Trident needs renewing or MPs need a pay rise or more Lords are picked. There is always a blank cheque for these things no one cares how much it costs because it's only then that they reveal that there is money for anything you could ever want. 

It’s okay I’m sure Annalise Dodds and Keir Starmer won’t spend another 4 years apologising for the recession and agreeing that we need to cut our cloths accordingly.

I've already seen posts online from polis and water board workers moaning about how they were the real key workers during all of this.

As someone who technically qualifies as a key worker I’m fully behind them especially if it ends up getting me a PS5.

Some absolutely fantastic seethe in reaction to the £500 payment. My favourite so far being a fucking binman complaining that he was just as important during COVID as any nurse. I'm sure it's merely coincidence that he's also a raging yoon and a massive, bigoted sevco fan. 
I'm genuinely delighted that these melts are furious. 

Here I watched Joker at the weekend and seen what happens when the bins don’t get collected. They’re keeping us from the breakdown of civilisation.

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

A scumdrie and red sux fan? He really knows how to scrape the barrel with team choices. 

Not sure he supports Airdrie. Probably a "likes to see them do well" kind of guy. I could be wrong about that though. Has he been specific? I never listen to OtB all the way through. I thought he hedged his bets a bit about any active interest in football.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I see you more as a sports sox kind of guy 

Must stop listening to call kaye in the car. c***s utterly incandescent that nhs staff are getting a 500 note gratitude payment. Hard to tell if its genuine anger or just unionists who would punch walls no matter what the snp did. Suspect its the former, in which case I fucking hate this country sometimes. 
I was ready to drive into the nearest wall when the bin man was on wanting danger money. By all means public sector workers should all be paid and rewarded fairly but fucking hell you shouldn't grudge your fellow public sector workers getting a bonus for probably the first time ever.

The consultant moaning about getting an extra grand with her husband and her both being consultants meaning nothing because they would just donate it to charity was what finally got it turnt off. Actually raging at the SNP for tokenism benefitting a charity to the tune of a grand.

I was ready to drive into the nearest wall when the bin man was on wanting danger money. By all means public sector workers should all be paid and rewarded fairly but fucking hell you shouldn't grudge your fellow public sector workers getting a bonus for probably the first time ever.

The consultant moaning about getting an extra grand with her husband and her both being consultants meaning nothing because they would just donate it to charity was what finally got it turnt off. Actually raging at the SNP for tokenism benefitting a charity to the tune of a grand.
The only danger money they need is when they get a mouthful from my wife for dropping stuff out of the bin and not bothering their arses to pick it up.

You can sort of see the point that binmen (and other public sector staff members who worked throughout lockdown) are making. The c***s who push the trolleys round the hospitals and nurses who spend most of their time munching chocolate and wearing PPE incorrectly are getting an extra £500 but our brave binmen aren’t? Disgraceful.

58 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Some absolutely fantastic seethe in reaction to the £500 payment. My favourite so far being a fucking binman complaining that he was just as important during COVID as any nurse. I'm sure it's merely coincidence that he's also a raging yoon and a massive, bigoted sevco fan. 

Thats trash talk.

18 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
24 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

The only danger money they need is when they get a mouthful from my wife 

Oh my 

54 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Similar to someone I know bleating that they weren't getting any extra money, or getting to skip the queue for Tesco, for "working on the front line" back in April, when in reality they were stacking the shelves in a B&M.

The fact that they were one of those who had zero pay cut during the same timeframe apparantly was lost on them.

7 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

£500 is a nice thing to give hospital staff and it shouldn't be taxed and all workers everywhere should join unions and push for whatever compensation they feel they deserve as well as worker representation on company boards and formal role for trade unions in local and national government and that's all I have to say about that.

No. Wrong. Things are shit for me so they should be shit for every other c**t too. 

Edited by madwullie

Doesn't surprise me that it looks like Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire are going into tier 3.
The big surprise yesterday was that Aberdeen had no cases
https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/local
Probably due to the reporting issues, cases were way down across the board and likely to be higher today.

25 minutes ago, Paco said:

I do find the reaction to the NHS payment absolutely bizarre. Clap on the doorsteps but don’t dare actually give them anything tangible (and let’s be honest, it’s little more than a token gesture). It’s either a bribe for votes, throwing more money at rich consultants or a slap in the face to binmen/mechanics/bus drivers.

This is an extraordinary time, the next few years will be similar to the end of the world wars with society changing rapidly and the country in huge debts. On both occasions after the wars there were rapid social advances for the population at large, because the population demanded it. This time? We’re already being geared up for severe austerity because ‘the credit cards are maxed out’. We’re even still in the middle of the actual pandemic and salaries are being frozen and front-line workers begrudged £500 bonuses. Were the soldiers in 1944 told to go and f**k themselves because it hadn’t been a picnic working down the butchers?

Britain has turned very, very ugly and we’re not as immune to it in Scotland as we like to pretend. There’s no empathy for anyone, at least none that we’re happy to see backed up beyond thoughts and prayers for social media.

Today’s headlines, while this is all going on - Is a Scotch egg a substantial meal?

I hate this place.

I actually thought back in late March, early April that things might change. That the pandemic would create greater empathy for each other and a much greater sense of community. I had hope that once we came through all this that there would be positive societal changes. 

I'm not embarrassed to say that I found the very first clap for carers quite moving. At the time people were pretty much staying at home. You almost felt (well I did) that when people came to their windows we were checking on each other. It sounds corny now, it probably did then as well, but that's how I felt at that moment.

It didn't take long for it to change though. Instead of this hastening positive societal changes it has served, for me at least, only to highlight the worst aspects of an incredibly selfish, me first, society that so profoundly depresses me at times. 

The extra £500 is nice though. 

Edited by John MacLean

I do find the reaction to the NHS payment absolutely bizarre. Clap on the doorsteps but don’t dare actually give them anything tangible (and let’s be honest, it’s little more than a token gesture). It’s either a bribe for votes, throwing more money at rich consultants or a slap in the face to binmen/mechanics/bus drivers.

This is an extraordinary time, the next few years will be similar to the end of the world wars with society changing rapidly and the country in huge debts. On both occasions after the wars there were rapid social advances for the population at large, because the population demanded it. This time? We’re already being geared up for severe austerity because ‘the credit cards are maxed out’. We’re even still in the middle of the actual pandemic and salaries are being frozen and front-line workers begrudged £500 bonuses. Were the soldiers in 1944 told to go and f**k themselves because it hadn’t been a picnic working down the butchers?

Britain has turned very, very ugly and we’re not as immune to it in Scotland as we like to pretend. There’s no empathy for anyone, at least none that we’re happy to see backed up beyond thoughts and prayers for social media.

Today’s headlines, while this is all going on - Is a Scotch egg a substantial meal?

I hate this place.
Where is all this hatred?

Mainstream media or social media, or both?

I'm not on social media and I've not watched the news for a day or two, so a wee bit out the loop.

I'm certainly happy for the nhs workers to get a wee bonus. After this year they certainly deserve a lot more.