Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Seems that I could move between a Tier 3 Aberdeenshire and Tier 1 Moray just because my other half's mum, who is part of our extended household, lives in Moray.  Can just imagine people abusing this loophole by suddenly making live-alone friends in e.g. Elgin part of their 'extended household' and heading there from Huntly or wherever for a few pints.

Copy and paste from the govt website:

Yes perfectly reasonable but kind of trusts folk not to kick the arse out of it when it's not necessary, certainly not to be taking them to the pub or anything. Then again when Covid and wrapping paper required an in-depth discussion perhaps this trust is misplaced.

4 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

It's not credible to think this kind of coverage after 2008 is accidental.

Nope it's very deliberate but you won't see the same arguments made when Trident needs renewing or MPs need a pay rise or more Lords are picked. There is always a blank cheque for these things no one cares how much it costs because it's only then that they reveal that there is money for anything you could ever want. 

51 minutes ago, 101 said:

https://www.ippr.org/blog/economists-urge-bbc-rethink-inappropriate-reporting-uk-economy

Interesting debunking of the BBCs coverage of surprisingly playing into the Tories hands and saying there is nothing left in the piggy bank. 

Kuenssberg being a Tory mouthpiece isn’t a shock in the slightest.   She’ll be protected tho,  with the worst case scenario for her being a payoff, a few months out of work and a senior government advisor role to walk into. Her replacement will be of the same mould.

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Nope it's very deliberate but you won't see the same arguments made when Trident needs renewing or MPs need a pay rise or more Lords are picked. There is always a blank cheque for these things no one cares how much it costs because it's only then that they reveal that there is money for anything you could ever want. 

.. nor is there ever a suggestion that those that can should put more money into the household kitty.   The household analogy only seems to go one way.

Got told by someone last night that surgeons die on average younger than everyone else because of all the mask wearing they have due to there job, and we’re all going to be the same.

The person was a window cleaner.

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

Got told by someone last night that surgeons die on average younger than everyone else because of all the mask wearing they have due to there job, and we’re all going to be the same.

The person was a window cleaner.

Give Surgeons footballers wages.

Must stop listening to call kaye in the car. c***s utterly incandescent that nhs staff are getting a 500 note gratitude payment. Hard to tell if its genuine anger or just unionists who would punch walls no matter what the snp did. Suspect its the former, in which case I fucking hate this country sometimes. 

Some absolutely fantastic seethe in reaction to the £500 payment. My favourite so far being a fucking binman complaining that he was just as important during COVID as any nurse. I'm sure it's merely coincidence that he's also a raging yoon and a massive, bigoted sevco fan. 

I'm genuinely delighted that these melts are furious. 

10 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Some absolutely fantastic seethe in reaction to the £500 payment. My favourite so far being a fucking binman complaining that he was just as important during COVID as any nurse. I'm sure it's merely coincidence that he's also a raging yoon and a massive, bigoted sevco fan. 

I'm genuinely delighted that these melts are furious. 

Some tone 😳