Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Seems likely.
Some incredible takes in the replies already. How dare you inconvenience me during a global pandemic. [emoji35]

Cue those parents who view schools as nothing more than daycare being incandescent with rage that they may have to perform parental duties for a little bit longer.

From the conversations I've had, this is what we would be looking at in January if schools were to stay off for longer, rather than it being an extra holiday.  That said, I suspect engagement will be really poor (especially that day and  a half for those of use scheduled to be in then) either side of the Christmas break.  
Having a start on 11 January means there will be 14 days from the 27 December - it's seems to be done to reduce the chances of infection being introduced to schools through community infection.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
3 hours ago, super_carson said:
From the conversations I've had, this is what we would be looking at in January if schools were to stay off for longer, rather than it being an extra holiday.  That said, I suspect engagement will be really poor (especially that day and  a half for those of use scheduled to be in then) either side of the Christmas break.  

Having a start on 11 January means there will be 14 days from the 27 December - it's seems to be done to reduce the chances of infection being introduced to schools through community infection.

I think that does make sense - the reality is that we will probably see quite a few folk self-isolating either as contacts or with symptoms.  Could make staffing tricky in January.  In Edinburgh we would be doing blended/remote learning.  I know the reports say extended holiday but it seems that our intention is firmly to provide remote learning in some form. 

This must either be a total coincidence or entire classes having sleepovers in one house?

https://www.cumnockchronicle.com/news/18902121.1-100-pupils-east-ayrshire-absent-day-due-virus/

1,100 pupils in East Ayrshire absent on same day due to virus

For a bit of context it's approx 9% of the EAC school population absent which is about 2% above normal. The same newspaper group has publications all over Ayrshire, they ran the exact same click bait headline for South Ayrshire council schools a couple of weeks back and it was pointed out to them by umpteen Facebook posters then that the figures quoted at that time actually represent below average absence despite the headline X000 pupils absent.

That boot of a daughter will have the poor old cūnt doing laps of the house to power her distillery.

She’ll have him singing Christmas carols right now so she can release a Christmas album next year in his memory just in case.

Freeman doing today's briefing. Nicola must be away to Portugal for a well earned long weekend.
She's horrendous but that question from the Times reporter there about something Jason leitch said on the radio Scotland phone in the day was wild and completely out of context, surprised she handled it so well.

Get yer red dots out boys....
Freeman currently encouraging being outdoors as "we know the transmission is low". Whilst at the same time her government have banned certain outdoor activities
Go outdoors and do anything but play/watch football.

44 minutes ago, Gaz said:

What an absolutely mental situation we're going to end up with all so folk can have a glorified Sunday dinner. This is absolutely insane.

It's brutal.  Why can't people accent we can't have 'normal' things at the moment? I mean, I know the vast, vast majority of the general public are fucking morons, but come on to fuck.

Jeane Freeman says that she would encourage everyone who is offered the vaccine to take it.

She says as soon as the vaccines are available they are ready to deliver them and an information drop will be sent to households in January.

I assume (but could well be wrong) there wouldn't be any vaccines conducted until all all households have received their 'information drop'. If the 'information drop', isn't until January, then I think a million vaccintaions by the end of Jan is already a goner. In my mind it was always fanciful anyway