Coronavirus (COVID-19)

39 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Whitty saying it's seasonal.

So summer restrictions have heehaw effect on winter rates and the Scottish Government completely shafted us all for months. 

This isn't the worst news. Assuming we are able to vaccinate in Winter and Spring, that, alongside the vaccine, should allow for a restriction free summer in 2021.

With a close eye kept on what happens as we approach winter.

38 minutes ago, bendan said:

I think the SG have done not bad with the second wave, despite the way they've handled the schools issue, but there needs to be a good look at what they were doing in the early summer.

They might do even better with 3rd wave due in the middle of January.

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's 100% the second wave.

Depends on your definition.

It hasn't mutated and came again, it was slowed by restrictions and when they were lifted the numbers increased.

Still the first wave in my book.

Just now, Manifesto said:

It hasn't mutated and came again, it was slowed by restrictions and when they were lifted the numbers increased.

Apart from the Belarus and Sweden also had their first wave end in the summer and the second kick off right in line with everyone elses.

1 minute ago, Manifesto said:

It's just an expression really. It's the same disease with fluctuating degrees of infection dependent on the season and behaviour.

Just now, Detournement said:

Apart from the Belarus and Sweden also had their first wave end in the summer and the second kick off right in line with everyone elses.

Whataboutery will get you everywhere luv 💓

Seasonal fluctuations are only classed as a second wave by some organisations. Not all.

19 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They might do even better with 3rd wave due in the middle of January.

I think the go ahead if you don't care about killing granny message is getting over quite well, I doubt there will be a huge spike, with the imminent vaccine message getting put out as well. The second wave will likely trundle on at lower levels through January. 

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Not sure about Devi's face turn but let's see how it plays out

I see she's now taking up the sisterhood cause by wondering why oh why there aren't any women at the UK government briefings. Can't think of anyone she might have in mind to get some extra media attention!