Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Given the Clownshoes' track record they'll no doubt uncover multiple super-spread outbreaks linked to wrapping paper in January. The sooner that gibbering imbecile is hauled in front of an enquiry and emptied from a position of public prominence, the better.

Edited by vikingTON

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

That's just condescending waffle. The virus "doesn't like wrapping paper" - they seem to forget they are talking to adults. This cuddly dumbing down act is annoying.

We're talking about people who don't understand what sitting down for a meal means here.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/25/sicily-asks-cuba-to-send-medics-as-italy-fights-second-covid-wave

A full-blown minter for first world, capitalist Italy, as their beloved free market somehow doesn't create enough doctors and nurses to meet demand and so they have to go to an isolated Carribbean island for hauners instead.

68461480be32663605a4773763722339.jpg.f84129d9bb1ae85aca5b0790cac394cf.jpg

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Jason Leitch sez -

To ensure safety during gift wrapping and opening, Professor Leitch advised people to have hand sanitiser in the room where the Christmas gifts are.

He added: “I would expect you to wash your hands before and after that activity.”

I'm glad I don't watch the news or videos where this c**t is, I would have drowned the patronising shit in a barrel of hand sanitiser by now. 

Noticed a few horse racing tracks' social media streams' in England have put up that, should they be placed in tiers that allow the return of spectators, then how to buy tickets will be on their website today.

Meanwhile we've got Thurso FC still being told to play behind closed doors, 3 weeks after being allowed to have spectators return......

Discussion in the previous couple of weeks about kids sending Xmas cards to each other at school, and the logistics of sending letters / bookbug books home to kids from school, and whether or not the school is risking parents and kids' health through spreading the virus on paper in this way. Apparently the school is quarantining everything for 72 hours before sending. 

Also, the school has written to parents and asked not to send presents in to teachers this year (fucking HATE this 'tradition' anyway) because of the risk of spreading the virus, and also because parents are more likely to be pratted this year so to save money for gifts for the kids. 

I presume the latest info about the virus not spreading as well on on paper/card will be extremely useful and comforting to the many parents who have been worried about this kind of thing. If only they were galaxy brains they'd have known this already and could get beelin about Dentist Leitch giving out this patronising info. 

Edited by madwullie

That doesn't work. Governments which consistently make poor decisions get deservedly criticised. You, on the other hand, are the political equivalent of a simp.

That’s nonsense and you know it.

You are a contrarian who would criticise whatever happened.

Unfortunately, not everyone in the country is as clearly intelligent as you think you are, so different messages need to be given to get through to different people. There is nothing wrong with this message - doesn’t resonate with me as we’ve made the decision that were not doing the traditional Christmas. But it will hit the mark with some.

If that message, which will have taken 20 seconds to deliver, stops one person worrying about something they shouldn’t be worried about, or encourages one person to wash their hands killing the virus before it affects them, it was worth it.

17 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Anyones work doing a zoom christmas night out? Ours is the 18th. We are getting a half day to have a "zoom party".

This, as has been said, it is an absolute minter. However I may have something as bad.

My work are offering people the chance to participate in a Teams Christmas sing a long. 

I don't think I've ever deleted an email so quickly in my life.

Edited by RiG
Chance not change.

42 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Discussion in the previous couple of weeks about kids sending Xmas cards to each other at school, and the logistics of sending letters / bookbug books home to kids from school, and whether or not the school is risking parents and kids' health through spreading the virus on paper in this way. Apparently the school is quarantining everything for 72 hours before sending. 

Also, the school has written to parents and asked not to send presents in to teachers this year (fucking HATE this 'tradition' anyway) because of the risk of spreading the virus, and also because parents are more likely to be pratted this year so to save money for gifts for the kids. 

I presume the latest info about the virus not spreading as well on on paper/card will be extremely useful and comforting to the many parents who have been worried about this kind of thing. If only they were galaxy brains they'd have known this already and could get beelin about Dentist Leitch giving out this patronising info. 

You know the average reading age is age 9? He's "patronising" because it's the only way his message will resonate with the people it needs to resonate with.

8 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

This cuddly dumbing down act is annoying.

They're pretending taking a few days off from a global pandemic for Santa Clause is ok because a significant portion of the population have collectively stamped their feet about needing their Christmas. The public appears to be getting the level of respect it deserves.