Coronavirus (COVID-19)

There are so many better ways the SPFL could have gone about that statement. 

Instead of the empty posturing of suggesting that NS would "have to explain to them (clubs) the clinical difference between Scottish fans and English fans" and asking her to "do the right thing" by admitting fans they should be trying to get a better understanding of why fans can return in restricted numbers in England but not, outside Level 1 (?) in Scotland. I would like to try and get a better understanding of that myself. It doesn't follow, as the SPFL imply, that just because something is happening in England that it should automatically also happen in Scotland. The rationale behind the two different takes though would be really interesting. 

Personally I think football grounds themselves are as safe as any outdoor location. I can't see why the risk of transmission of Covid-19 would be any greater inside a football ground than it would be in the local park just up the road from it. Certainly with the very limited numbers that we are likely to be talking about. And let's not forget that even though games are Behind Closed Doors there are still people inside the ground. If there are 50 scattered about a 10,000 seated stadium why would 100 then present an issue? 

But these are really low numbers. 

When you start talking about the kind of numbers where there would be financial benefit to clubs it becomes more problematic. 

Even at Firhill, where crowds aren't especially high, you are still talking about 1,500 people turning up at the same location during the same short time frame and the all leaving during the same short time frame (usually about 10 minutes from the full-time given our form over the last few seasons). A good number of that 1,500 will be getting on and off public transport and coming into relative close contact with each other even if they will be/have been perfectly socially distanced inside the ground. 

These problems aren't insurmountable and in some respects are replicated in our town and city centres at the weekends but should football be treated differently, as that SPFL statement seems to think it should, at a time where in many parts of the country are living under increased restrictions with non essential shops closed and non-essential travel discouraged? 

3 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Yeah. But in July furlough only was only til end of October.

If they knew then what they know now (ie end of March) it may have been a different story.

Lower league clubs do not commit to long term contracts and those who do in the middle of a pandemic fully deserve to be punished for their imprudence.

The majority of clubs would have been better off going into cold storage instead of building a new squad to contest a shorter league without credible revenue streams. 

Oh and they deserve f**k all money from the government, given that live music venues and countless other places have been shut all along and aren't trying to guilt-trip their customers into paying £14 a fortnight to watch a streamed alternative instead.

My work have no word of a lie booked Michael McIntyre for a stand up zoom show, where we’re able to enter a raffle to have your face on the zoom call with him and everyone who doesn’t win is a spectator.

I’ll let you make your own conclusions from this.

Anyones work doing a zoom christmas night out? Ours is the 18th. We are getting a half day to have a "zoom party".

Nope, getting a £20 Amazon voucher to treat ourselves with.

Gonna buy some drink with it.

3 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

My work have no word of a lie booked Michael McIntyre for a stand up zoom show, where we’re able to enter a raffle to have your face on the zoom call with him and everyone who doesn’t win is a spectator.

My conclusion: too much money, no taste in ‘comedy’.

4 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

The only reasonable solution would be to burn your work down. Do it. Do it. 

5 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

image.jpeg.4e4f6de350f605740262fb3ae17f3339.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

What a fucking horrific employer you've got. No c**t should be put in a position where they need to decline something like this. Thoughts and prayers etc. 

I'd rather work for Priti Patel than for your employer.

23 minutes ago, virginton said:

This is why the idea of test cases is not a bad idea: you trial entry and scale it up at each particular ground to make sure that bottlenecks don't occur just as hospitality had to demonstrate their protocols worked to the council and regular visits by the police. Starting with 300 and keeping it that way regardless of stadium size/design doesn't make any sense though.

Football clubs in the lower leagues were utterly foolish to start their campaigns to begin with and top flight ones had no reasonable expectation that more than a fraction - 20% - would get into games this season either. The clubs showed zero interest in what the fans wanted when making their purely commercial decisions so should have their guilt-tripping about their community role filed in the bin now and for years to come. 

Yes but a test event in one stand is pointless as it identifies bottlenecks in one stand, the SPFL have been utterly hopeless no reason that the Aberdeen "test" used only one stand and had the same amount of folk as Ross County who have a much smaller stadium.

Agree with you about lower league clubs they should only have started their season if they could run the entire campaign with no fans.

2 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:
14 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

I'd rather work for Priti Patel than for your employer.

^^^^ enjoys getting humiliated by women.

😂

I’ll let you know how the event goes and see if I am in a high enough tax band to muster a smirk the whole way through, as much as he is a Tory p***k, I decided to sign up for it because it’s free.

Unfortunately burning down the office isn’t viable with this pishy working from home malarkey.