Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, madwullie said:

What ends up happening to these people? 

i heard facebook or twtter ''lawyers'' say its just a threat to scare you to close, its not law and that hairdresser bint won't have to pay a penny, but the same ''lawyers'' think covid is a hoax and bill gates is trying to control the world.

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

As more data comes to light regarding the Covid hotspot that is the schools, I wonder if Westminster and the devolved governments will acknowledge that inviting old and/or vulnerable relatives round at Christmas if you have school-age kids in the house would be a particularly bad idea.

Putting children in a position to unwittingly infect granny and grandad is a shocking way to treat young people in this country. Still, so long as it appeases crazed lobby groups like UsForThem and those who want the weans out the house 5 days a week regardless of the effect on public health and the economy that is the main thing.

Votes and opinion polls still matter even during a global pandemic.

Reminiscing.

"Remember the lovely Christmas 10 years ago, you got a  Barbie House?

No.

Yes you do, your granny died in the middle of January.

Oh aye, I loved that house."

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

25 minutes ago, madwullie said:

According to this, showing the 4th visit from the cops, nothing.

No details were acquired by Police so they were unable to issue the fixed penatly notice to anyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukMnkOvmrUY

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

If Moray Council's Health & Safety and Environmental Health officers are prioritising shops, pubs, cafes and building sites over a fortnightly gathering of 500 Elgin fans it's to their immense credit 

A socially distanced gathering, up to a maximum 300, spread over length and width (x2) of a football pitch

19 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I thought the report on the schools last week which showed that there is no evidence they are driving infections might have placated the hysterics on here but the fervour obviously runs deep. 

It didn't really show that though, did it?

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

It didn't really show that though, did it?

Theresa May, of all people, nailed it when she said that the Government were publishing selective statistics to support their policies, rather than using all of the available data to determine policy.

I've no doubt this is common practice, it's just much more obvious when swathes of people are looking at all the data, rather than just what is being officially published.

2 hours ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

i'd be seething at this boot getting all this attention, if i had done the magna carta defence for my soft play business  weeks ago.

This is all incorrect. Clause 61 of the 1215 Magna Carta set out rules for 25 specific barons. It did not allow the general population to rebel, and it was also removed from subsequent versions of the document.

https://fullfact.org/online/did-she-die-in-vain/

Edited by welshbairn

If you were doing Hogmanay correctly then you'd also be getting food and presents after the bells champ. Swing and a miss.
Who the hell bothers with Hogmanay any more. Don't think I've seen a light on in this street beyond 12.30 on Hogmanay in years nor do I know anyone who hosts any sort of gatheringor party. A long dead tradition in these parts.

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

Either nothing as the police/courts can't be arsed  (in which case they think it all works) or they go to court and lose and continue spouting nonsense regardless. 

Anyone who celebrates new year over the age of 21 is an absolute wrong un.

In other news, 122 cases in Grampian the day. 2 weeks after some event that saw many people gathering in pubs and not adhering to social distancing. Shut the schools imo.

Who the hell bothers with Hogmanay any more. Don't think I've seen a light on in this street beyond 12.30 on Hogmanay in years nor do I know anyone who hosts any sort of gatheringor party. A long dead tradition in these parts.

Do you live in a retirement village cause everyone I know is still getting on it and going to house parties/ clubs.

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, virginton said:
If you were doing Hogmanay correctly then you'd also be getting food and presents after the bells champ. Swing and a miss.

Sounds like you just don't what day it is anymore tbh as that's not the reality whether you like Hogmanay or not.