Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I will, I reckon the rest of my family will too.  The rules seem quite reasonable, no need to abuse them.

Aye, a bit of hyperbole. Some folk will sacrifice their Christmas, some will follow the guidelines, a fair bunch are just going to kick the absolute arse out of it.

This is an utter fucking farce.  9 months of absolute shite being wasted for a few days and undoubtedly at least a month of crap after as a result.

Also,  Who the f**k selected the dates?  The biggest part of the Xmas period is between Xmas and new year.  Especially with it being on a Friday this year how the f**k are 23rd/24th being included?   Those working on Xmas are being completely fucked here, suffering the consequences of this decision yet not being included in the benefits.

Edited by parsforlife

6 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Cannae wait for the Facebook maws to work out a hectic schedule of 3-household christmas dinners working through their entire social circle on every single day from 23rd to 27th.

At least it will give us a break from them posting about how the vaccines are just a ploy to implant mind control chips in our brains so Bill Gates can control us with 5G or whatever complete and utter batshit mental conspiracy theory they are banging on about just now.

Edited by RiG

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

At least it will give us a break from them posting about how the vaccines are just a ploy to implant mind control chips in our brains so Bill Gates can control us with 5G or whatever complete and utter batshit mental conspiracy theory they are banging on about.

I wish bill gates would control us with 5g.   

41 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You’ll need to explain that one.

They don't wear masks correctly.

They certainly do not social distance. Two very basic things to do and we still can't get this right. 

Now we are giving people 5 days to do whatever they like ( let's be honest they will ) . 

Now having an argument with my wife over this - she is is insisting that my 2 step-daughters who live next door to each other are one family - so to invite the other step-daughter - I'm saying that it isn't because that's only for England.

I can imagine that others will be having similar "discussions" with their other half.

[emoji849]

Now having an argument with my wife over this - she is is insisting that my 2 step-daughters who live next door to each other are one family - so to invite the other step-daughter - I'm saying that it isn't because that's only for England.

I can imagine that others will be having similar "discussions" with their other half.

[emoji849]

Similar to me just now, except her mother is adamant we’re in her bubble so it’ll still be 3 households despite looking likely to be 4.

Common sense has just left the country it would seem.

Cannae wait for the Facebook maws to work out a hectic schedule of 3-household christmas dinners working through their entire social circle on every single day from 23rd to 27th.
Despite it being one 3-household bubble for the period.

They'll put their own "interpretation" on the rules.

It's a fucking recipe for rule-breaking.

23 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

emoji849.png

Just have the two of them round to keep the peace fs. Try and sit in the house as much as possible beforehand so you're reducing risk of catching something.

My beige opinion is people would have been doing this anyway so giving them some guidelines to stick by is the best of a bad lot.

Some people will take a mile but I doubt they would have been keeping to the rules otherwise. I have already sent my "wont be accepting any invites anywhere"  family whatsapp message.

[emoji849]

Sure i saw something about that in a movie online the other day, will go watch it again to see what happens

Just have the two of them round to keep the peace fs. Try and sit in the house as much as possible beforehand so you're reducing risk of catching something.
I also have a step-son - so she'll just try and push it further - we could end up with 10 adults and 8 children if she had her way - my idea of hell.

31 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

emoji849.png

This is what rips the piss out the rules, pitch a tent in the back garden for yourself? 

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Aye, a bit of hyperbole. Some folk will sacrifice their Christmas, some will follow the guidelines, a fair bunch are just going to kick the absolute arse out of it.

Which they would have done anyway. Most people will keep a lid on it imo.

Is it just a woman thing?

Or are there men here who are on the other side of the argument?
I can totally see it.

These rules are a political concoction and compromise.

It's quite clear that there is a solid minority of the population who genuinely don't give a f**k about any of the rules, and have felt that way since the start. That's the biggest issue but it's incredibly difficult to deal with so all the govt can do is tighten the rules and keep playing the guilt card.

If your family is being sensible and taking the best precautions then the difference between one or two households is minimal.

Emotional support is massively undervalued in our society, and we have to try and make the best choices we can to help each other out. If it means stretching this rule (which came through political concoction and compromise) then so be it.