Coronavirus (COVID-19)

What may be very interesting is the effect of this relaxation with schools/unis being closed. Might one cancel out the other?

Incidentally I think those of us who got asked to do the antibody test will do it again soon. Might be curious to see if there are more antibodies flagging up this time.

4 minutes ago, super_carson said:

What may be very interesting is the effect of this relaxation with schools/unis being closed. Might one cancel out the other?

Incidentally I think those of us who got asked to do the antibody test will do it again soon. Might be curious to see if there are more antibodies flagging up this time.

I got text with code to order another one the other day.

Actually i hadn’t considered that, the lifting of rules is in the first week of schools being off. I do wonder if we’ll see a reduction in cases.

Before an explosion the week after schools return.

5 minutes ago, super_carson said:

I got a message to do it again a couple of days ago.

15 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Here's the American take prior to their no doubt disastrous Thanksgiving holiday:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-even-a-small-thanksgiving-is-dangerous/

Again, the basic principles here aren’t new, Benjamin said. The same thing basically happens with the flu every year, he told me. Kids get exposed at school and spend the time between Thanksgiving and New Year’s passing it around from one family gathering to another. As the holidays end, flu season starts to peak.

Just as well the weans don't get Covid or else we'd be in serious trouble!

See NI have broken the "4 nation approach" already by announcing they are extending by two days to a week, that lasted well !
And Scotland announce a current support bubble will count as two households whereas in England an existing support bubble will be regarded as one household. Confusing shite already.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
12 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
See NI have broken the "4 nation approach" already by announcing they are extending by two days to a week, that lasted well !

And Scotland announce a current support bubble will count as two households whereas in England an existing support bubble will be regarded as one household. Confusing shite already.

Not really, unless your households extend to other countries.

If not, their restrictions are totally irrelevant.

10 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

“If you can”?

Seems absolutely clear.  I suppose there will be some thick cùnts who can’t understand and some even thicker ones who will just ignore it anyway.  If the guidelines are followed closely it will hopefully help the wider health of the nation.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

All I can see is comment after comment of 'why did she even bother saying there was no change???!!!'

Of course, you know fine well that these same people would be seething if she hadn't explained why certain areas hadn't been relegated.   Then we have this sort of thing:

image.png.0af273ec0e8f706bcdb259199c66560f.png

:unsure:

I used to go onto HYS quite regularly.  However, I recently made the decision to ignore it as it was not good for my blood pressure.  You are right it is dominated by the SiU gang (same posters day after day putting in long shifts - the Uncomfortable Truth above is one of them) and they are joined by a heap of Brexity types from doon sooth.

The fact that 50 people are quite happy to agree with that type of post tells you all you need to know

I thought it was supposed to be a 4 nations approach ie the same set of lesser restrictions across the UK and loads of families will be cross border so that creates confusion.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
20 minutes ago, Manifesto said:

I thought it was supposed to be a 4 nations approach ie the same set of lesser restrictions across the UK and loads of families will be cross border so that creates confusion.

Wales is a Principality and Norn a Province, so a 2 Nation approach perhaps.

😶