Coronavirus (COVID-19)

15 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I think a user posted earlier they thought Astra Zeneca was churning out supplies in Scotland mmmm

Forty million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine have already been manufactured by the world's biggest vaccine-making company, Serum Institute of India, based in Pune. And they hope to make 100 million doses by the end of the year.

I think that might have been me that suggested the before, I was going from the news that I read here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-government-invests-in-livingston-facility-to-bolster-vaccine-manufacturing-capacity

ETA: I misread the article, didn't realise that that was a separate vaccine that is under development.  

Edited by super_carson

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The guy live in Thurso.  I have absolutely no idea why Ian Blackford decided to target the guy the way he did, really, really weird story.

There's a lot of things being revealed about people during the pandemic.  

Doesn't even matter where he lives, it is a reasonable excuse to travel into Scotland or into the tier 3/4 areas for the purpose of "work, where it is not possible for the person to do so from home".

Just now, Ginaro said:

Doesn't even matter where he lives, it is a reasonable excuse to travel into Scotland or into the tier 3/4 areas for the purpose of "work, where it is not possible for the person to do so from home".

Away and take a shite with that.

10 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I think a user posted earlier they thought Astra Zeneca was churning out supplies in Scotland mmmm

Forty million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine have already been manufactured by the world's biggest vaccine-making company, Serum Institute of India, based in Pune. And they hope to make 100 million doses by the end of the year.

They've got a big plant in Wales doing the whole process from growing the vaccine to packaging.

15 minutes ago, superbigal said:

It won't all be made in one place.

There have been a very small number of incidents of abuse or vandalism relating to people who are perceived as having travelled to the Highlands during the pandemic.  It's a tiny number but it has happened and for an MP, and a senior one at that, to be behaving like this is pathetic.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

God this is boring. There are about 60 thousand nurses in Scotland, they don't have to close down the NHS to administer flu vaccines.

I worked in my local GP practice doing admin while I was at uni, and they held their flu clinics on Saturday mornings (ie not taking time away from regular appointments) and I'm sure we got through something like 250 patients across a three hour block each week, and that was even with the nurses also taking the time to carry out other pieces of opportunistic care (taking blood pressure, weight, carrying out smoking surveys etc) when the patient hadn't been in for a while.

Even with the increased hygiene practices required due to covid, you can imagine this scaling up very quickly towards a million people when you bring in all the practices and other health centres across the country, with each of them running multiple sessions.

GP practices aren't even directly part of the NHS anyway, so there is pretty much no disruption to the standard NHS services, the only cost to the NHS is financial.

21 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

There have been a very small number of incidents of abuse or vandalism relating to people who are perceived as having travelled to the Highlands during the pandemic.  It's a tiny number but it has happened and for an MP, and a senior one at that, to be behaving like this is pathetic.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

The attitude towards others in these small rural places has been terrible.   I was stuck on an large island for lockdown and they were hyper vigilant to it all.   Someone who had lived there for 5 years decided to go into town with her campervan to stock up.  Because some didn't recognise her, abused three times by the time she got home.  

Drakeford says gains made during Welsh lockdown now being reversed

Steven Morris 

Steven Morris

Some of the “gains” made in Wales during its 17-day firebreak are already being reversed, the first minister, Mark Drakeford, has warned.

After the Welsh firebreak lockdown, the all-Wales coronavirus figures fell for two weeks but Drakeford said there had now been three days in a row where the numbers have risen.

He said 17 of the 22 local authorities have reported rises in infections in the under-25 age range – while it was the falling in the over-60s. The first minister said rapid rises in September and the start of October began in young people before spreading to older men and women.

Can anyone think of something that happened that might have seen cases drop for 17 days before rising again? 🤔

There were a number of folk from P&K on my social media greetin like f**k that it was Dundees fault they had got punted into level 3.
Dundee to into 2 and PK into 4 

8ba48969-c911-44e2-8b65-93f139b11703.jpg.a1744fdb85bfa85f3752b6e856e584c7.jpg

There’s someone I work with who’s kicking off about the possibility of going into tier 4.

They’re going to house parties every weekend.

Steven-Morris.jpg?width=140%26height=140%26quality=85%26auto=format%26fit=max%26s=dc49e8f444f9d257d6e8a36d15fd63ea&key=254d537c2248347bc73caebcd3d4f986dfced94fcd78bd835498330f134b14bb 

Steven Morris

Some of the “gains” made in Wales during its 17-day firebreak are already being reversed, the first minister, Mark Drakeford, has warned.

After the Welsh firebreak lockdown, the all-Wales coronavirus figures fell for two weeks but Drakeford said there had now been three days in a row where the numbers have risen.

He said 17 of the 22 local authorities have reported rises in infections in the under-25 age range – while it was the falling in the over-60s. The first minister said rapid rises in September and the start of October began in young people before spreading to older men and women.

Can anyone think of something that happened that might have seen cases drop for 17 days before rising again? [emoji848]
Gyms reopened?

people on small islands,  and I include the island of great Britain  in this btw, always have a mindset that "trouble " is something that is brought into them by outsiders because they themselves are obviously perfect

38 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

The attitude towards others in these small rural places has been terrible.   I was stuck on an large island for lockdown and they were hyper vigilant to it all.   Someone who had lived there for 5 years decided to go into town with her campervan to stock up.  Because some didn't recognise her, abused three times by the time she got home.  

6 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

people on small islands,  and I include the island of great Britain  in this btw, always have a mindset that "trouble " is something that is brought into them by outsiders because they themselves are obviously perfect

Worked pretty well for New Zealand.

33 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Steven Morris 

Steven Morris

Can anyone think of something that happened that might have seen cases drop for 17 days before rising again? 🤔

How has it happened again? I didn't see this coming?