Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I never went into the centre during the initial lockdown but even out by me in the 'burbs it was very quiet.  I was actually thinking yesterday that it's not like that at all now, traffic is at completely normal levels.  I had to go to a bakery and into Tesco yesterday and both were heaving.

The supermarkets and shops in Kirkcaldy are heaving too. Centre of Edinburgh was very quiet today, given we’re on the run up to Christmas. Trains were dead. Me and one other person on my carriage on the way through. Me and four other people on the way back.

Just got a call from my daughter who came out of self isolation last Thursday. This was due to one of her teachers testing positive. She was taken out of class this morning and is now back in self isolation as a boy she sits beside in history has now tested positive.

3 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

WRK makes a good point as well btw - if nothing else the passing of the buck on this to responsible members of families is a pain in the arse. How many people across the country are having to have the same argument with their spouses/extended families just because our leaders are refusing to show some leadership on this issue. 

Ive got a close family member who regularly breaks the rules, their other half has a large extended family and social media shows them mixing directly, having large family get togethers and just essentially not bothering with the rules at all. They’ve fallen out with me because I’ve knocked back the invite of going to theirs on Christmas, apparently I dont have the spirit of Christmas and dont care about seeing their kid on the day etc. Ive pointed out that I think the relaxing of the restrictions is mental and given their flouting of the rules id rather give them a wide steer. This has caused a massive fall out, but for me, im not willing to risk my kid having to stay indoors for 14nights just because someone in the family is acting selfishly, also feel that given the mrs and I are key workers (and she’ll likely be involved in vaccine delivery) that we kind of have a responsibility to muck in just now. Is anyone else having difficulty getting through to thick headed family members? 

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

How can you be attributing that to Tier 4 which only started on Friday night?

Shops and gyms were mobbed all week in every area going into 4 yet there is still a decrease. It's f**k all to do with the new restrictions. 

What did I attribute it to Tier 4 ?  I just gave out numbers.

Some people really need to read more carefully before spouting off.

15 minutes ago, mizfit said:

The girlfriend is asking me what I think of visiting people for Christmas.

I’m away to be the biggest arsehole in the world when I say nope aren’t I?

Tell you think its a great idea and you hopes she has a great time for 2 weeks. 

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

NS may come under some pressure after BJs announcement re football fans, but I can't think from who.

Only Dave Cormack at Aberdeen has been vocal about the issue. The other clubs have said very little. The SFA / JRG would appear to have their own agenda re the whole issue.

The non-league clubs' #letfansin camps has been ignored by all.

Who’s gonnae fess up to have breached the rules? Got to be some boys on here that have thrown caution to the wind at some point.
During the first lockdown I used the in laws to watch the kids. Same this time round although I think it may be allowed now....

Regardless, if that gets banned, I will still do it.

27 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Who’s gonnae fess up to have breached the rules? Got to be some boys on here that have thrown caution to the wind at some point.

I go to my grandads every Saturday and sit indoors with him and have a cup of tea despite him being in a bubble with my mum.

If you want to accuse me of me being too kindhearted then go ahead I can take it.

He's also free and easy with codeine.

ETA we have discussed the risks and he says he would rather take his chances than sit in alone. I guess that's a flippant thing to say when your not gasping for breath on a ventilator with no family around but it's up to him.

Edited by invergowrie arab

2 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Well, for a start they could tell the population who haven't worked out after eight fucking months that this pandemic is not playing by any rules and refuses to fit into a convenient box that we DON'T FUCKING KNOW whether relaxing restrictions will be a welcome teaser of the good, post-vaccine times to come, or a harbinger of the NHS being so overwhelmed - again - that there won't be sufficient fit staff to administer the vaccine. A month out, experience with this virus shows "the science" has been nothing but guesswork. Guesswork with pretty slides and graphs, to be fair, but guesswork all the same.  Still, as long as the hoi-polloi can trawl round B&M and Home Bargains (essential shops in England, apparently)  for a load of Chinese platic tat, what's a few (thousand) more dead pensioners?

This Christmas could well be a Foinavon moment. We can just about see the finishing line of this shite, and are apparently willing to throw all progress away for the sake of eating and drinking ourselves into a stupor. Well done us.

It's also setting a dangerous precedent as the Chinese, Jews, Muslims, Hindus etc will be wanting carte blanche for all their important festivals and quite rightly so.

It really is a ridiculous decision to be making and basically makes a mockery of any future or indeed past rules and restrictions, it's game over I'm afraid.

29 minutes ago, Steven W said:

NS may come under some pressure after BJs announcement re football fans, but I can't think from who.

Only Dave Cormack at Aberdeen has been vocal about the issue. The other clubs have said very little. The SFA / JRG would appear to have their own agenda re the whole issue.

The non-league clubs' #letfansin camps has been ignored by all.

Seems the JRG have now issued a statement according to Chris McLaughlin. (Although it doesn't look like an official press release)

Basically asking for the same set of rules up here.