Coronavirus (COVID-19)

An absolute wid I used to work with is utterly perplexed on Facebook that schools are open but her wean can't go to Kip McGrath with three other weans, and that big shops like ASDA are open but beauty salons and hair salons are shut.

She's not an idiot. I refuse to believe she doesn't understand that eating is essential and getting your nails done isn't.

54 minutes ago, Michael W said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55036797

The usual drip feeding and hinting has been in place so perhaps this isn't a surprise, but this is highly irresponsible. Whatever spike and resulting deaths are entirely on the Government and devolved governments. 

"I'm alright Jack" card played for disclosure - I won't be visiting family this Christmas but might've were it not for covid. It would not be worth three weeks of lockdown in January, especially when things are starting to look promising with the vaccine. 

I still don't believe the Scottish Government will do it. It would be one of the most nonsensical and maybe dangerous things a government could do. 

And the next issue with the vaccine will be how long immunity lasts. I'm not sure this has been fully worked out yet but I can imagine stories in the media about people being given the vaccine then dying of COVID months later 

5 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

I still don't believe the Scottish Government will do it. It would be one of the most nonsensical and maybe dangerous things a government could do. 

And the next issue with the vaccine will be how long immunity lasts. I'm not sure this has been fully worked out yet but I can imagine stories in the media about people being given the vaccine then dying of COVID months later 

I'll bet you a pound they do.

26 minutes ago, Gaz said:

An absolute wid I used to work with is utterly perplexed on Facebook that schools are open but her wean can't go to Kip McGrath with three other weans, and that big shops like ASDA are open but beauty salons and hair salons are shut.

She's not an idiot. I refuse to believe she doesn't understand that eating is essential and getting your nails done isn't.

Facebook these days is all cats, kids and Karens. Fucked it off years ago but Mrs F occasionally shows me hers. (Kenneth Williams pic).

Edited by Tony Ferrino

28 minutes ago, Gaz said:

You've been posting long enough to know the rules by now.

If they make rules for Christmas that most people will ignore, and they get into the habit of ignoring through New Year and after, that's public health policy fucked, whether you agree with the strategy or not. Get the number of infected people down before Christmas so when you let people do what they're going to do anyway, there will be fewer people spreading the virus to set off a major spike.

Edited by welshbairn

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If they make rules for Christmas that most people will ignore, and they get into the habit of ignoring through New Year and after, that's public health policy fucked, whether you agree with the strategy or not. Get the number of infected people down before Christmas so when you let people do what they're going to do anyway, there will be fewer people spreading the virus to set off a major spike.

If you are making a period of time exempt from rules then public heath policy is fucked.  

I can understand stricter rules now in anticipation of a incoming spike.  And I can understand tough rules coming in once a spike comes.  What seems insane is to not even attempt to control that spike.

Edited by parsforlife

“Selfless nation”

Ah yes that nation of people who panic bought, rushed out for one last bevvy when The pubs shut, and has watched anti lockdown and anti vaxx protests to go ahead.

Selfless indeed.

On 21/11/2020 at 10:31, Arch Stanton said:

When my Dad died in April the death certificate cited 'community acquired pneumonia' as the principal cause. This was correct as he had had mesothelioma. However the DC also mentioned covid-19 which I still feel is wrong. He had been shielding at home for 2 months before he passed away and had never been tested. The NRS figure will include him, wrongly, and there must be many more.

My Dad died in Feb and his death certificate cited “community acquired pneumonia” as well. Thankfully covid wasn’t on the radar in the UK at this time so covid wasn’t mentioned on his. It’s scandalous they put covid on your Dad’s when he hadn’t been out for 2 months. Makes me wonder why they’re so insistent on having covid mentioned