Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I think we all know the answer to that question.
Aye, it's here:
https://beta.isdscotland.org/find-publications-and-data/population-health/covid-19/covid-19-statistical-report/16-september-2020/dashboard/
Go into the setting tab. Gives you the total number of settings mentioned for each week. You can then go to the drop down menu and look into the sub categories (for example, work and education)
So for the week ending the 15th it looks to me like there was 828 mentions of education in 13,000 setting entries, or about 6.3% of all entries. Shopping (2174/16%) personal care - whatever the f**k that means (1038/8%) and eating out (942/7.2%) all showing up higher. Working in health care comes in just behind education at (701/5.3%).
By far the best thing about Rentons multiple bodyings of Szamo is that they are completely unintentional and done in total good faith.

Just someone with a bit of knowledge, repeatedly showing up an idiot who can copy and paste from Twitter.

Great content.

1 hour ago, renton said:

Aye, it's here:

https://beta.isdscotland.org/find-publications-and-data/population-health/covid-19/covid-19-statistical-report/16-september-2020/dashboard/

Go into the setting tab. Gives you the total number of settings mentioned for each week. You can then go to the drop down menu and look into the sub categories (for example, work and education)

So for the week ending the 15th it looks to me like there was 828 mentions of education in 13,000 setting entries, or about 6.3% of all entries. Shopping (2174/16%) personal care - whatever the f**k that means (1038/8%) and eating out (942/7.2%) all showing up higher. Working in health care comes in just behind education at (701/5.3%).

Cheers for looking into that.

Seems strange that the SG didn't include this information in the paper they released yesterday, as well as number of infections during the last 4 weeks.

Must have been an oversight.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Dagnabbit!" - The Silver Life

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-55005077

Children's sleepovers 'spreading Covid' in Glasgow schools

Has anyone on here hosted sleepovers during the pandemic?

No but my kids' pals mums and dad's have been pretty daft. 

For example, tonight a group of them are all away to flip out trampoline Park because lockdown starts tomorrow and it'll be shut. It's essentially an 8 year old's version of one last night getting smashed at the pub

Once the elderly/vulnerable/front line staff get vaccinated I wonder how long it will take to allow some semblance of normality to return (fans at sport events, gigs etc)? Surely we cant continue to be panned off with excuses for why 300 folk cant be spread out, wearing facemasks and outdoors to watch Stranraer v Elgin
The chief scientist behind the Pfizer vaccine says measures will be required for 6-9 months from the start of the vaccination program. He was suggesting late summer / autumn but no idea what level of measures he meant. Given the demographic of gig and to a lesser extent sports / football crowds I would expect some restrictions to be in place for a good few months after roll out. Under 50s will be well down the pecking order. Probably lesser stuff like reduced capacity, masks etc. I still think the Euros are highly unlikely in the proposed format despite sitting on tickets for all 4 Hampden games.

The chief scientist behind the Pfizer vaccine says measures will be required for 6-9 months from the start of the vaccination program. He was suggesting late summer / autumn but no idea what level of measures he meant. Given the demographic of gig and to a lesser extent sports / football crowds I would expect some restrictions to be in place for a good few months after roll out. Under 50s will be well down the pecking order. Probably lesser stuff like reduced capacity, masks etc. I still think the Euros are highly unlikely in the proposed format despite sitting on tickets for all 4 Hampden games.
Tbf, the chief scientist behind their vaccine cant really speak to prevalence in a given country, number of people vaccinated mostly importantly, risk acceptance/aversion of any individual government.

If the vaccine program starts this winter which it looks like it will, and the virus is at least somewhat seasonal as it appears to be, theres no excuse for not being normal by summer and I'd hope before in Scotland where the Health Minister is predicting roughly 1/5 of the entire population vaccinated by end of Jan. And that's presumably before considering the vast numbers and easier distribution of the Oxford vaccine which is yet to be properly announced.