Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Lets be honest tier 4 isnt going to make any shred of difference, people dingying the rules are still going to dingy them. Theres too much apathy to sticking to the rules. 
Schools are obviously a factor, i cannot fathom why they cant get every secondary pupil to wear masks etc, seeing the kids gather in massive groups outside the schools in renfrew etc, why are they being allowed to go out at lunch times? Bring a packed lunch or school dinner, minimise the risk of community transmission. 
Scrap the exceptions for wearing masks to all but those deemed clinically necessary and start issuing fines. 

After consultation with staff in Dundee, all secondary schools pupils are wearing face masks except those with exemptions.

I think face mask wearing in general should be enforced far more stringently than it is. If you can't cope with wearing a face mask to go to the shops for half an hour then you shouldn't be out.

Falkirk 80/100k, Clacks 85/100k. Stirling around the Scottish average at 145 but when you take out that cluster of 30 or so cases from one outbreak at a Bannockburn care home it drops to a similar level. 
Should probably be grateful the rate of infection is so low but just ticked off that such a large and stable geography is lumped in Level 3 with the minks in Lanarkshire and Glasgow. Edinburgh, and particularly E Lothian, look to have reasonable cause to be similarly aggrieved. 
There are going to be a lot of areas where a cluster will drive up the figure - we've got 2 large clusters in Dundee like that - Perth Road (14 cases) and Fintry (19 cases) - the problem is that these clusters just jump about - Fintry was sitting in the 1-4 band just a week ago.

Clownshoes on being asked on the odds of a full Hampden for the Euros.

"By next June we hope to have many, many more people vaccinated in Scotland but remember you've also got to vaccinate Russia, Ukraine, Somalia, Hong Kong. You've got to vaccinate everywhere in order for the world to go back to normal.

"So there are too many variables to know if we'll have a full house at Hampden but I'm relatively confident we'll have some kind of crowd by June."

It's a nonsense question to ask him, as there's no way he could answer it, but I don't really understand what difference the number of people vaccinated in the countries he names is tbh. If the SG are satisfied that they have vaccinated enough of the people here for life in Scotland to be normal, then it matters not a jot about elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Clownshoes on being asked on the odds of a full Hampden for the Euros.

"By next June we hope to have many, many more people vaccinated in Scotland but remember you've also got to vaccinate Russia, Ukraine, Somalia, Hong Kong. You've got to vaccinate everywhere in order for the world to go back to normal.

"So there are too many variables to know if we'll have a full house at Hampden but I'm relatively confident we'll have some kind of crowd by June."

It's a nonsense question to ask him, as there's no way he could answer it, but I don't really understand what difference the number of people vaccinated in the countries he names is tbh. If the SG are satisfied that they have vaccinated enough of the people here for life in Scotland to be normal, then it matters not a jot about elsewhere.

Yes, travel restrictions as they currently exist, airport testing etc are the answer to whats happening elsewhere. Life can be completely normal in Scotland, with zero SD, masks or anything, regardless of whats happening anywhere else.

I think it will be better by next summer but nowhere near good enough for full on pub and full crowd mayhem.

You would need millions vaccinated in every country and also massive travel restrictions. They should just make all games at hampden with England to play at lesser hampden.

28 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I think it will be better by next summer but nowhere near good enough for full on pub and full crowd mayhem.

You would need millions vaccinated in every country and also massive travel restrictions. They should just make all games at hampden with England to play at lesser hampden.

Not being a dick here, but why?

If the SG don't feel that certain countries have vaccinated enough, then keep the current quarantine system in place for them. If the SG are happy with the number vaccinated here then vaccine situation in, say, Spain, has absolutely no bearing on Scottish businesses.

The whole point of a vaccine is that it protects you. If your population is sufficiently protected, what are you then hiding from?

Edited by Todd_is_God

2 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Falkirk 80/100k, Clacks 85/100k. Stirling around the Scottish average at 145 but when you take out that cluster of 30 or so cases from one outbreak at a Bannockburn care home it drops to a similar level. 

Should probably be grateful the rate of infection is so low but just ticked off that such a large and stable geography is lumped in Level 3 with the minks in Lanarkshire and Glasgow. Edinburgh, and particularly E Lothian, look to have reasonable cause to be similarly aggrieved. 

Denmark just shot 17m of theirs. Surely Sturgeon must be looking at this as a strategy ?

11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Not being a dick here, but why?

If the SG don't feel that certain countries have vaccinated enough, then keep the current quarantine system in place for them. If the SG are happy with the number vaccinated here then vaccine situation in, say, Spain, has absolutely no bearing on Scottish businesses.

The whole point of a vaccine is that it protects you. If your population is sufficiently protected, what are you then hiding from?

Theres absolutely no reason we cant have everyone who needs to be vaccinated in this country vaccinated by say april/may with a decent effort. Messing about is the worst thing about this, as soon as we get the supplies just get the army out jabbing everyone that they can get their hands on, never mind all the touchy feely ‘ooh people have a choice’, aye you can have a choice (and it should be the same with the mmr etc too) either you get vaccinated or f**k ye if anything goes wrong with you. 
All restrictions should be ended as soon as the over 55’s are vaccinated.

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

Right so the UK is getting 20 million doses of the 90% effective vaccine by the end of the year, there are approx 2 million people over the age of 55, we should be getting about 1.7 million person doses of the vaccine. So vaccinate the oldest and those with a clinical need and then NHS staff, start in December and vaccinate like a motherfucker and get the restrictions to f**k by March. 

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Right so the UK is getting 20 million doses of the 90% effective vaccine by the end of the year, there are approx 2 million people over the age of 55, we should be getting about 1.7 million person doses of the vaccine. So vaccinate the oldest and those with a clinical need and then NHS staff, start in December and vaccinate like a motherfucker and get the restrictions to f**k by March. 

If this happens I will ejaculate everywhere in March.

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

If this happens I will ejaculate everywhere in March.

No you fucking wont. 
But look anything short of this is absolutely unacceptable. If they cant get the vaccine rolled out by then, then Sturgeon deserves her jotters in May. Too much fucking about and not enough jagging of vaccines. 

14 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Not sure what the “rules” are in regards to takeaways but I was in Chinese tonight and counted 14 people either standing or sitting waiting to get their order. 

As an example near where I live, there are 3 in Glasgow Rd Paisley. One has a sign up saying  "1 customer in shop at a time", the other two are "2 customers at a time".

Admittedly they are all pretty small but yours must be gigantic if there are 14 people in and are all socially distanced.

On the same half mile stretch of Glasgow Rd there is also a Subway, 2 chippies, a Papa John's, a Greggs, a Mexican street food joint, 4 take away cafes and a kebab shop.

I don't think you could get 14 people into any of them.

ETA I forgot about the ice cream parlour and Indian restaurant.

Edited by Arch Stanton

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

As an example near where I live, there are 3 in Glasgow Rd Paisley. One has a sign up saying  "1 customer in shop at a time", the other two are "2 customers at a time".

Admittedly they are all pretty small but yours must be gigantic if there are 14 people in and are all socially distanced.

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

On the same half mile stretch of Glasgow Rd there is also a Subway, 2 chippies, a Papa John's, a Greggs, a Mexican street food joint, 4 take away cafes and a kebab shop.

I don't think you could get 14 people into any of them.

ETA I forgot about the ice cream parlour and Indian restaurant.

I think you might be looking for this gif

wDZbjfh.gif?noredirect

Not sure what the “rules” are in regards to takeaways but I was in Chinese tonight and counted 14 people either standing or sitting waiting to get their order. 
Who was getting what? Any snide orders on the go?

44 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Theres absolutely no reason we cant have everyone who needs to be vaccinated in this country vaccinated by say april/may with a decent effort. Messing about is the worst thing about this, as soon as we get the supplies just get the army out jabbing everyone that they can get their hands on, never mind all the touchy feely ‘ooh people have a choice’, aye you can have a choice (and it should be the same with the mmr etc too) either you get vaccinated or f**k ye if anything goes wrong with you. 
All restrictions should be ended as soon as the over 55’s are vaccinated.

There’s an interesting ethical debate about vaccinating people who do not want vaccinated, but probably not to be had on a Saturday night.

The bit in bold, of course, is not the issue.  If those who refuse vaccination were only harming themselves by doing so I don’t think any of us would be too concerned.