Coronavirus (COVID-19)

So todays released figures to 5th November show another rise for 5th day in a row from 146.7 to 150.2 per 100K infections 7 days to Nov 5th. Some good guys 

Aberdeen down from 44.2 to 35.9 in their quest for tier 1  Must try a little harder.

Dundee City as well continue to behave and drop again from 130.6 to 125.2  Still at least another week in tier 3

Some badguys

Angus continue their rise in 2 days from 55.1 to 72.3  and could be threatened with tier 3 soon.

East Ayrshire up again 147.5 to 162.3 

East Renfrewshire with a similar jump from 217.7 to 229.2

Fife another rise from 100.9 to 108.7 looks doomed to Tier 3 on Tuesday. The care home riddled in Crossgates with 25 cases does not help.

https://www.nhsfife.org/news-updates/coronavirus-updates/2020/cases-of-covid-19-associated-with-private-crossgates-care-home/

Inverclyde another huge rise for 3rd day from 146.5 to 163.2

North Ayrshire rises today while its next door neighbour drops.

Perth & Kinross also moving to tier 3 possibly with another rise from 85.6 to 96.1

Stirling still upwards from 125.3 to 138.   Got their tier wrong sorry but certainly deserved of tier 3 now.

Renfrewshire rising again and no sign of any sustained drops in Lanarkshire or Glasgow.

I think tier 4 looks inevitable for many of the tier 3 councils on tuesday.

Inverclyde has doubled in a week - any particular reason?  

Is it localised clusters or across the council?

6 hours ago, superbigal said:

Aberdeen down from 44.2 to 35.9 in their quest for tier 1  Must try a little harder.

Aberdeenshire must only be tier 2 due to Aberdeen, you'd think they would be even closer to tier 1 now (would please the Highland League)

1 minute ago, Steven W said:

Hadn't realised that despite SG placing Moray in tier 1, Elgin City still weren't allowed fans at their game yesterday.

Suspected the SFA would provide obstacles, and so it's proved.

Thought they were meeting up last week or the week before to decide it all, can't find anything. Rumours of 100 allowed at Highland League games if it finally starts but the North Caledonian League are still saying spectators not allowed.

The JRG are going to work with Inverness, Elgin City and HL clubs in tier 1 "over the coming weeks". (NCL simply not mentioned)

Weeks?? They don't exactly sound in a rush.

In some fantasy land when Glasgow achieves tier 1, I wonder if the JRG will work with the clubs "over the coming weeks"

Listening to the radio in the car en route to work this morning, and there’s a fair bit of seethe from teachers now at the “schools are safe” stance from the government. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to it tbh, although I hope @DeeTillEhDeh wasn’t or his blood pressure will have gone through the roof.

7 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Listening to the radio in the car en route to work this morning, and there’s a fair bit of seethe from teachers now at the “schools are safe” stance from the government. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to it tbh, although I hope @DeeTillEhDeh wasn’t or his blood pressure will have gone through the roof.

Certainly something that my colleagues are unhappy about and are getting more vocal about.  I think the root of the frustration is that we're being told we can't see our friends or families but can get fired into a class where 30+ households are mixing.  It's a clear contradiction really, and I said before it's the dogmatic refusal to even accept that schools could be a contributing factor to the recent rise of cases and this idea that the virus can't penetrate the school gates.  

Certainly something that my colleagues are unhappy about and are getting more vocal about.  I think the root of the frustration is that we're being told we can't see our friends or families but can get fired into a class where 30+ households are mixing.  It's a clear contradiction really, and I said before it's the dogmatic refusal to even accept that schools could be a contributing factor to the recent rise of cases and this idea that the virus can't penetrate the school gates.  

Trying to tell anyone of us tinky tier 3 ers that it’s unsafe for us to drive to a loch in another district and ho fishing or go for a walk and they want to issue us police fines for doing so. But it’s perfectly safe to “ chuck 30 waens in a class”