Coronavirus (COVID-19)

59 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
12 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I know that - it might just make the "it's not the law" types think again.

Think again about what exactly? Crossing the street into a different council jurisdiction?

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, Paco said:

I’m not necessarily in favour of travel bans becoming law (especially between areas punted into T3 when they don’t need to be, based on a rogue nearby area) but we’d be joining totalitarian hotspots like, er, Wales, the USA, Australia, New Zealand and Spain in doing so.

Wales has no travel restrictions within its national borders and there is zero talk of getting the polis to dish out fines for utter jobsworth reasons. Ditto New Zealand and the US (which aren't even relevant to the Scottish case, being at either ends of the spectrum anyway).

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

A) Its not a rumour. NS spoke about it yesterday - do keep up

B) You know as well as I do this travel ban law will be in place for many months - I'd suspect all of 2021 minimum

If you genuinely believe that last bit then you’ve lost the plot. You don’t think anyone will be able to travel out with their local area for the next 14 months? 

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

Wales has no travel restrictions within its national borders and there is zero talk of getting the polis to dish out fines for utter jobsworth reasons. Ditto New Zealand and the US (which aren't even relevant to the Scottish case, being at either ends of the spectrum anyway).

Much of Wales is now subject to local restrictions, which mean people living in these local health protection areas are not able to travel beyond their county boundaries without a reasonable excuse. These rules are designed to prevent the spread of infection within Wales and to other areas of the UK. 

If the SG feel they need to make things illegal to get people to listen to their restrictions, maybe they should stop operating under the assumption that most people are fully behind their decisions.

If that really were the case, then the number not following the guidance would be low enough that that would not be required.

12 minutes ago, aaa said:

Much of Wales is now subject to local restrictions, which mean people living in these local health protection areas are not able to travel beyond their county boundaries without a reasonable excuse. These rules are designed to prevent the spread of infection within Wales and to other areas of the UK. 

During their firebreak lockdown, sure. From November 9 when it reverts to a system like Scotland again, it is not:

https://gov.wales/coronavirus-regulations-guidance#section-46349

Are there travel restrictions in place in Wales?

There are no travel restrictions in place within Wales. However, we are asking everyone to think carefully about the journeys they take and the people they meet. We should all think carefully about where we go and who we meet because the more places we go and the more people we meet, the greater the chances there are of catching coronavirus. In particular it is also sensible to avoid travelling to and from areas with a higher incidence rate if you can.

17 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

If you genuinely believe that last bit then you’ve lost the plot. You don’t think anyone will be able to travel out with their local area for the next 14 months? 

I do.

Covid is going nowhere. It'll be with us all of next year for sure.

A) Its not a rumour. NS spoke about it yesterday - do keep up
B) You know as well as I do this travel ban law will be in place for many months - I'd suspect all of 2021 minimum
She's testing the water by putting the notion out there it's how policy seems to be road tested these days and as for the duration that's laughable verging on conspiracy theory nonsense.

I’m going to make a bold prediction here, given the state of police resources, and the list of reasonable excuses ( I’m going to oban to help a vulnerable person whos carer is self isolating officer) ,
You’d have to be either very unlucky or very stupid to get into trouble if this travel thing becomes law, in the even you get stopped by pc jobsworth you can always refuse to accept a fixed penalty and force the officer to charge you and send evidence to the procurator fiscal which they will most likely throw out , its even more likely you’ll just be quietly let go

Just now, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I’m going to make a bold prediction here, given the state of police resources, and the list of reasonable excuses ( I’m going to oban to help a vulnerable person whos carer is self isolating officer) ,
You’d have to be either very unlucky or very stupid to get into trouble if this travel thing becomes law, in the even you get stopped by pc jobsworth you can always refuse to accept a fixed penalty and force the officer to charge you and send evidence to the procurator fiscal which they will most likely throw out , its even more likely you’ll just be quietly let go

I agree. You'll be pretty unlikely to be caught.

It just the whole notion of it being law that I find unsettling. 

Guidance?? fine

Law?? FFS  its not communism we're living in

2 hours ago, Steven W said:

Not sure what country you're in, but good luck to you. What you've got seems frankly unattainable in Scotland

I live in the second country to announce  a covid 19 person,  What we did is 100% attainable to Scotland, you just fucked it. I have no happiness saying that.

Your government & people responded in a amateurish way, you are stilll doing it.......again I take no pleasure in posting this. 

If it’s fine for kids to go to school and mix with tens of different households every day, then its fine for my parents staying in a different area to see their grandkids weekly or fortnightly.
Depends a lot on the age and health of the grandparents. At the end of the day it's personal risk management. My wife is lucky to have both her mother (70s) and gran (90s) alive but both have health issues and hence we are keeping my sons contact with both to a bare minimum which they both agree with.