Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Could depend on whether Boris makes it conditional on Scotland following the same blanket lockdown rules. If so I'd be interested to know what [mention=2588]Todd_is_God[/mention] suggests? Take the money or keep the local targeting? Or throw away the masks and dance into a brave new world, naked?
Want that fake NS pic again?

[emoji16]

5 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I hope they don’t as I think the tiers are sensible up here, you do have a lot of places with low infection rates where it would be better for things to stay open if they can. If they have money for furlough, then they can use it in areas where business needs to close.

They are us

We are all going to be paying for furlough for many decades

I asked my friends and Covid experts Bachman Turner Overdrive what we could expect in the next 5- 6 months and they said

YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET!!! B-B-B-BABY YOU JUST AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET!!! HERE'S SOMETHING YOU NEVER GONNA FORGET!!! B-B-BABY YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET.

bachman.jpg

Edited by Ya Bezzer!

6 minutes ago, super_carson said:

IF NS was to put us in a lockdown, it would add weight to the argument from her critics that she does what England does and "Boris is in charge".

It would be an opportunity for the devolved governments to prove their earlier action was justified and effective. Before someone says "oH bUt SwEdEn.." and shows me a graph, I'm talking about the appearance to the relative populations.

For example, the mini lockdowns in Wales and NI, as well as the restrictions in Scotland, look like they are having the desired effect. As much as they are crap, they are preferable to a longer term lockdown. Being able to keep at least some of the country going while suppressing the spread of the virus would be very popular in comparison to England.

Oh but Sweden

___------/

Could depend on whether Boris makes it conditional on Scotland following the same blanket lockdown rules. If so I'd be interested to know what [mention=2588]Todd_is_God[/mention] suggests? Take the money or keep the local targeting? Or throw away the masks and dance into a brave new world, naked?

I don’t think that would be possible. It’s there or it’s not, it applies the same in all U.K. nations. I work for a company with all our departments split between England and Scotland. They could, if they wanted, say we were all employed in England but working from home.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Could depend on whether Boris makes it conditional on Scotland following the same blanket lockdown rules. If so I'd be interested to know what @Todd_is_God suggests? Take the money or keep the local targeting? Or throw away the masks and dance into a brave new world, naked?

I don't think it would be a good look for NS to announce on Thursday that certain areas would be in level 1 etc, then announce a flip to level 4 on or before the date the tier system comes into effect.

But that's her call. Is she a leader, or a follower?

I asked my friends and Covid experts Bachman Turner Overdrive what we could expect in the next 5- 6 months and they said
YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET!!! B-B-B-BABY YOU JUST AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET!!! HERE'S SOMETHING YOU NEVER GONNA FORGET!!! B-B-BABY YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET.
bachman.jpg.ceaa28467991ea5478f0ddac6bdd176b.jpg
Not arf mate

I don't think it would be a good look for NS to announce on Thursday that certain areas would be in level 1 etc, then announce a flip to level 4 on or before the date the tier system comes into effect.
Be honest, unless she denounced Covid as a hoax and threw all measures in the sea you will criticise her regardless of what her next move is.

1 minute ago, Steven W said:

To be fair, Sturgeon has asked for furlough to be extended umpteen times.

It is now, but only on the basis of England's rather glum numbers.

She's within her rights to be pissed off at that

I don't believe for a second that the first time she has heard about the furlough being extended was tonight. 

I mentioned on a previous post I did not think SG would put any council in Tier 4 as they had no funding for shutting non essential business.

Now the bold Boris has extended Furlough to any business for another month it is a nailed on certainty for Lanarkshire and possibly Glasgow to move into tier 4,

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

You’re a fucking bampot.

Sturgeon should be driven by what is right, not by optics.

There is a financial support mechanism now in place that wasn’t in place last week, a mechanism Johnson has denied for weeks despite the SG asking for it.

Just now, superbigal said:

I mentioned on a previous post I did not think SG would put any council in Tier 4 as they had no funding for shutting non essential business.

Now the bold Boris has extended Furlough to any business for another month it is a nailed on certainty for Lanarkshire and possibly Glasgow to move into tier 4,

Yeah this is a good point 

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

You’re a fucking bampot.

Sturgeon should be driven by what is right, not by optics.

There is a financial support mechanism now in place that wasn’t in place last week, a mechanism Johnson has denied for weeks despite the SG asking for it.

It's not anywhere close to right that the likes of Shetland and the western isles go into lockdown because furlough has been extended a month.

The bampot here is you.